NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Martavis Bryant 2017 Outlook

Winky

49 minutes ago, Patsgofor6 said:

Need to call you out on this hyperbole.  "Nothing short of amazing all year".  Come on, man.

JuJu has been really good as a real life football player.  Knowing his routes, knowing the plays, being where he is supposed to be, and, most importantly, blocking like a beast in the run game.  JuJu in fantasy has had some useable games and one blow-up game.

Bryant is really bad at almost all of the things JuJu is good at.  But Bryant can fly, and is really good in the open field.  I could see Bryant scoring one long TD against the Colts, but I highly doubt Bryant cuts significantly into JuJu's snaps and targets.

As for Antonio Brown, I have zero doubt that Brown is beyond pissed that JuJu had such a big game v. Detroit.  Brown will cry, whine, and start throwing things again if Brown doesn't get about 20 targets v. Indy.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Patsgofor6 said:

Need to call you out on this hyperbole.  "Nothing short of amazing all year".  Come on, man.

Well, maybe I overdid it with those words, but you know what I mean.  Juju has done EVERYTHING asked of him. If he is given only 3-4 targets, he makes the most of them. Heck, MB can’t do much with 6-8 targets he has in some games. I should know....I started him in all those games. 

Juju has clearly and convincingly shown he is the number two WR on this team with his overall play, his attitude, and his results. Pittsburgh obviously has a lot of whiny big mouths who cry when they don’t get their way. That is not juju though.  And he probably will suffer for it (keeping mouth shut). 

59 minutes ago, kdubb44 said:

Anyone else starting him this week? I mean its him or Sanders for me... I'd like to think the Steelers would try to get him more involved otherwise why not trade him?

The Steelers did not trade Bryant because:

1)  They know they need him, if as a decoy if nothing more;

2)  They have a lot of time and energy invested in him;

3)  They have him locked up on a cheap contract until 2019;

4)  They don't want any of their players to be able to force their way out of Pittsburgh because they don't like how the coaches are coaching;

5)  Bryant's trade market is probably tepid since he is one legal bong hit away from an effective life-time ban;

6)  The Steelers don't want to face an angry Martavis Bryant, playing for another team, in the playoffs or Superbowl.

Does this mean Bryant is going to score one long touchdown reception against Indy this week?  I am going to go with "yes."

Edited by SharkSwimmer

16 hours ago, kdubb44 said:

Anyone else starting him this week? I mean its him or Sanders for me... I'd like to think the Steelers would try to get him more involved otherwise why not trade him?

He will be more involved. Instead of being inactive he'll get 2-3 targets. I think that's where he'll settle in, about even or slightly behind Juju in targets but they'll use him as the deep threat and once in awhile he'll hit one. What will that mean for fantasy? Not a guy you want to start consistently. 

17 hours ago, kdubb44 said:

That's what I'm trying to decide. He's currently in my flex. 

I do think Bryant has a decent shot at a long TD today against the Colts. 

Edited by phatrat
Assistant coach content removed

1 minute ago, frog34 said:

...just like every week lol :rolleyes:

If this bum is having 100 pages, Josh Gordon should have at least 500 by now!

It’s Not Martavis Bryant’s Fault

You know… It’s a Love/Hate relationship with Martavis Bryant. It’s completely frustrating, but I’m no longer placing the blame on him. He’s out of the “dog house” as claimed by Mike Tomlin earlier this week. Yes, I’ve talked about the Steelers, more specifically Bryant ad nauseam this year but they have tried to get him the ball. When he wasn’t requesting trades, tweeting nonsense on social media, or pissing off the coaching staff, they have tried to get him the ball downfield. This past Sunday he was targeted downfield despite the fact he and Ben failed to connect, but the effort is there. He is the bigger “deep threat” the Steelers need, but what use is he if Big Ben can’t effectively get the ball to him? Not to mention this was vintage Roethlisberger on the road where he threw for just 236 yards. Over his last four games Roethlisberger is only throwing the ball (on average) 27-28 times. The volume of pass attempts needs to go up for Bryant to be relevant, but at the same time there are quite a few mouths to feed in this offense especially with the emergence of Juju Smith-Schuster. I might be delusional, but I’ll never give up on Martavis Bryant. “I wish I knew how to quit you!” – Jack Twist

http://www.fantasyalarm.com/articles/Daniel Malin/49085/2017-nfl-hot-take-week-10/

1 minute ago, esoomer said:

It’s Not Martavis Bryant’s Fault

You know… It’s a Love/Hate relationship with Martavis Bryant. It’s completely frustrating, but I’m no longer placing the blame on him. He’s out of the “dog house” as claimed by Mike Tomlin earlier this week. Yes, I’ve talked about the Steelers, more specifically Bryant ad nauseam this year but they have tried to get him the ball. When he wasn’t requesting trades, tweeting nonsense on social media, or pissing off the coaching staff, they have tried to get him the ball downfield. This past Sunday he was targeted downfield despite the fact he and Ben failed to connect, but the effort is there. He is the bigger “deep threat” the Steelers need, but what use is he if Big Ben can’t effectively get the ball to him? Not to mention this was vintage Roethlisberger on the road where he threw for just 236 yards. Over his last four games Roethlisberger is only throwing the ball (on average) 27-28 times. The volume of pass attempts needs to go up for Bryant to be relevant, but at the same time there are quite a few mouths to feed in this offense especially with the emergence of Juju Smith-Schuster. I might be delusional, but I’ll never give up on Martavis Bryant. “I wish I knew how to quit you!” – Jack Twist

http://www.fantasyalarm.com/articles/Daniel Malin/49085/2017-nfl-hot-take-week-10/

I get you, but it's definitely over with Martavis. He finally may catch a bomb, just like Moncrief did. But he will follow it up by 2 duds. JuJu is the real deal and taking away valuable targets. Big Ben not what he once was. Defense is ascending, not the terrible unit from recent years. Antonio will continue to demand targets. Bell will eat even more as it gets colder up north. Too many factors against Martavis, I'm sorry.

Trust no Steelers skill player. The Steeler coaching staff is retarded, with Tomlin leading this clown show of an offense.

Imagine what Brady, Belichick, and McDaniels would do with all these skill players and offensive line. Until they pull their heads out of their collective asses and start dominating teams like the Patriots who have less talent to work with, every Steeler is a shaky play from here on out. 

The 2-pt conversion was obviously an extremely critical play.  It's telling that they went to Bryant in that spot, and that he delivered.  Bet we see Bryant in the Steelers' goal-line package, at a minimum, going forward.