NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Martavis Bryant 2017 Outlook

Winky

Definitely a lottery ticket worth flexing with JuJu down. Sounds like the hammy might be week-to-week as well,  so maybe Bryant has a chance to re-establish his role in the offense. Reading some beat reports it look like JuJu has been DNP for like ten days.

Edited by LongBalls

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Definitely a lottery ticket worth flexing with JuJu down. Sounds like the hammy might be week-to-week as well,  so maybe Bryant has a chance to re-establish his role in the offense. Reading some beat reports it look like JuJu has been DNP for like ten days.

I agree. I just picked him back up. Even if we don't start this week, the early rule out of JuJu even after an extended layoff could mean that he may miss more time. Hammy's are tricky. 

Pittsburgh should be able to win this game pretty easily.  So it is a perfect get-right spot to give Martavis some nice target numbers and a touchdown or two.

But the way it's gone this year, Big Ben will throw it to Antonio Brown 25 times.

2 hours ago, noles1983 said:

This smells like a LeVeon game to me. Steelers wont need to throw much, this might be over quick.

Top qb's have been shredding the GB D through its WR's. Is Ben a top QB?...Oh it is at home.

Rolling with MB who will be highly motivated to show the league his talent before Juju comes riding back into the game on his stupid bike.

Perfect swing for the fences high ceiling 40-60 yards floor. 

2 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Oh god not the Bryant fanboys again. 

When will this guy go away?

Talent and opportunity. Prime time game. Home game. Ben coming off his best game of season. Brown "got his" last week. Steelers push the score up a little more than most.

I don't think this guy is a really strong play by any means, but I think Juju being out at least makes him startable as a WR2-3. Still pretty high probably for a mediocre game but at least decent targets should be there, which is all you can ask for sometimes. My WR2 spot has been garbage this year so this guy may be getting some run on my team

More Martavis Bryant on the outside: Bryant hasn't surpassed five targets over the past month, but that could change Sunday. Ben Roethlisberger said Bryant has had a productive two weeks, even without flashy stats (nine catches, 72 yards), and the big plays are getting closer to liftoff. Expect the Steelers to try to get Bryant some easy looks, possibly over the middle on slants and crosses, to loosen up coverage on Antonio Brown. With the deep ball not working, Bryant might be best going over the middle in the intermediate range, allowing him to catch and run.

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/26148/steelers-will-look-to-martavis-bryant-to-pick-up-juju-smith-schusters-slack