NBC Sports Edge Forums

Scott Schebler 2017 Outlook

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Beakman said:

Would love to see him start batting in front of Eugenio Suarez.

this x1000.

Why do they let their HR leader bat so low.  It's all solo shots because usually the bases are empty when he comes up.  He should be in the 5 spot right after Duvall...period.  Suarez is usually always K in front of him.  Putting him in either bases empty situations or 2 out situations..

3 hours ago, JetsAwesome said:

this x1000.

Why do they let their HR leader bat so low.  It's all solo shots because usually the bases are empty when he comes up.  He should be in the 5 spot right after Duvall...period.  Suarez is usually always K in front of him.  Putting him in either bases empty situations or 2 out situations..

Suarez has a .365 OBP... 

Schebler is not the team leader in HR...

Other than Joey Votto, Suarez gets on base better than anyone else in the current lineup, so I understand you'd prefer it if Schebler's HR were more timely but get your facts straight. 

12 hours ago, BleedRedsRed said:

Suarez has a .365 OBP... 

Schebler is not the team leader in HR...

Other than Joey Votto, Suarez gets on base better than anyone else in the current lineup, so I understand you'd prefer it if Schebler's HR were more timely but get your facts straight. 

Suarez should lead off and Hamilton dropped to 8th...

36 minutes ago, knuckleheads said:

Suarez should lead off and Hamilton dropped to 8th...

Love watching Hamilton play, but he has no business batting leadoff. I can't believe a guy with such an awful OBP bats leadoff for a competent offense. 

Cozart (when healthy) or Suarez would be a better leadoff option. I wouldn't mind seeing the lineup go Cozart, Suarez, Votto, Duvall, Schebler as the 1-5. Or get crazy and go R-L-R-L-R with Cozart Schebler Suarez Votto Duvall, even though I like Votto batting 3 much more. 

7 minutes ago, sngehl01 said:

Love watching Hamilton play, but he has no business batting leadoff. I can't believe a guy with such an awful OBP bats leadoff for a competent offense. 

Cozart (when healthy) or Suarez would be a better leadoff option. I wouldn't mind seeing the lineup go Cozart, Suarez, Votto, Duvall, Schebler as the 1-5. Or get crazy and go R-L-R-L-R with Cozart Schebler Suarez Votto Duvall, even though I like Votto batting 3 much more. 

^ This Cozart, Suarez, Votto, Duvall, Schebler - this is perfect.

Best OBP/Average guys top 2 spots then with best power hitters 3-5.

Scotter if he keeps playing should be 6th last cleanup hitter.

Hamilton should realistically be 7th or 8th.

7 minutes ago, b0nfire said:

Wish this guy got more RBI opps for sure..

Should be batting at least 5th.

Yeah, 20 HR with 40 RBI is strange to look at. I'm hoping he can break the 90-RBI barrier by season's end, though I think we're more likely to see him finish with 32-34 HR. I'd be happy with that. 

3 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Yeah, 20 HR with 40 RBI is strange to look at. I'm hoping he can break the 90-RBI barrier by season's end, though I think we're more likely to see him finish with 32-34 HR. I'd be happy with that. 

Same line as Eric Thames, hurts because I'm last in RBIs in my league pretty much. Suarez has really cooled off and should NOT be ahead of this guy.

Votto - Duvall - Schebs has a nice ring to it. 

13 minutes ago, b0nfire said:

Same line as Eric Thames, hurts because I'm last in RBIs in my league pretty much. Suarez has really cooled off and should NOT be ahead of this guy.

Votto - Duvall - Schebs has a nice ring to it. 

Has a very nice ring :). Now...how do we make it happen? Lol. 

where he bats doesnt matter because he doesn't really hit good. Especially in the home bandbox he plays in. heard him in a radio interview "yeah I don't really know why I can't hit at home, I just can't"

Great to hear from a guy I trot out in my OF.

I don't see any reason why it won't be a near-duplicate of his first half given full health.

If he somehow learns how to hit better in the home park, there could be some extra upside, though.

I'm thinking of dropping.

It was initially a bonus so don't call me an ingrate (!), but Schebler hasn't attempted a stolen base in a month and a half.

Also, the batted ball profile has gradually been deteriorating.

That is to say, I'm wary of being stuck with, say a .780 OPS 2nd half guy with no steals.

Edited by My Dinner With Andre
4 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

It was initially a bonus so don't call me an ingrate (!), but Schebler hasn't attempted a stolen base in a month and a half.

That is to say, I'm wary of being stuck with, say a .780 OPS 2nd half guy with no steals.

Isn't his OPS still around 860?

Edited by JetsAwesome
On 7/13/2017 at 1:32 PM, My Dinner With Andre said:

Yeah, in a shallow league I think there are enough other guys I would rather have. I like him but he hits 6th which is a bit low in the order, and he is way worse at home which is dumb. Also worse vs RHP which means most guys. You definitely want to play him on the road vs LHP ?. I've got 2 pitchers coming off DL, I think he is one of my drops...