NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2017 New York Jets Season Outlook

Iron-cock

11 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

I think it's pretty amazing they managed to wait this long to deal him and still got a 2nd round pick out of the deal.

I still hate to see Richardon go, I think he's more talented than Wilkerson.

2nd rounder is decent, even if it'll be a late one. 

SEA front 7 is scary as hell now. 

Agreed, Richardson likely more talented, but that off the field stuff was an issue.

2018 draft here we come!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This season is going to be great.

Updating a previous item, ex-Seahawks RB Alex Collins has signed with the Ravens' practice squad.

Collins looked all set to join the Jets' practice squad, but NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Collins' camp saw Baltimore as a "better fit with more opportunity." The Ravens are presently carrying only Terrance West, Danny Woodhead, and Buck Allen at tailback. Collins could receive a call-up at some point.

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/14/2017 at 5:00 PM, joshua18 said:

They'll win at least 4 games with that defense. They've purged the slow overrated players (Revis, Harris) and still have 3 elite talents on that d-line.

People are confusing fantasy outlook (horrific offensive talent) with real life wins (will be in plenty of games with that defense and win some until McCown suffers his inevitable season-ending injury). 

So far, so good. 

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, frog34 said:

Bowles and his staff are really good coaches. They cleared out quite a few proven vets and coached up unproven young players, most of them UDFAs or late round picks. Amazing what good coaching can do for you!

Which is why anyone who told you in the preseason that they were even a candidate to be 0-16 -- even against my counterpoints -- had no idea what the were talking about. Bowles is an excellent coach and always has been. 

5 hours ago, frog34 said:

Bowles and his staff are really good coaches. They cleared out quite a few proven vets and coached up unproven young players, most of them UDFAs or late round picks. Amazing what good coaching can do for you!

McCowan is also a solid stopgap QB. Im surprised teams like Denver or Jacksonville didnt sign him in the offseason.

• 3 weeks later...