NBC Sports Edge Forums

Terrelle Pryor 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, 403gl said:

Long read but great story on TP: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2727837-how-terrelle-pryor-went-from-a-failed-qb-to-a-wr-with-scary-upside

Pumped to own him in a keeper and cheer for him. Choo Choo III

Great article for the narrative. Tells TP's story well. Funny how he was so resistant to becoming a WR, saying he can't catch. Now, his work ethic has him catch 400 balls / day from the machine. I love Pryor as a player, as a WR, would be fun to see some trick plays where he's tossing the ball as well, believe strongly in his talent, yet realistically I'm concerned about his health. Finger surgery in January seems to have gone ok, though... I reckon if we're placing him against Alshon and Watkins, Pryor is solid. How about next to DThomas or Fitzgerald, though?

Terrelle Pryor Injury History

Date League Injury Details
Dec 18, 2016 NFL Hand Finger Sprain/Pull Unspecified  Pryor suffered a finger sprain with a torn ligament which required surgery but played through the injury.
Oct 16, 2016 NFL Thigh Hamstring Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Against the Titans, Pryor sustained a hamstring strain but it didn't affect his game time.
Oct 16, 2016 NFL Thigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2 Against the Titans, Pryor sustained a hamstring strain but it didn't affect his game time.
Aug 4, 2015 NFL Thigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2 Pryor pulled his hamstring in the offseason and missed a few practice sessions plus 3 preseason games.
Aug 4, 2015 NFL Thigh Hamstring Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Pryor pulled his hamstring in the offseason and missed a few practice sessions plus 3 preseason games.
Nov 10, 2013 NFL Knee MCL Sprain Grade 2 Pryor sprained his right MCL and was sidelined for the following two weeks of action.
Nov 3, 2013 NFL Knee MCL Sprain Grade 2 Pryor was diagnosed with a Grade 2 MCL sprain in his right knee in Week 9. He started Week 10 but was then sidelined for Weeks 11, 12, and 13.
Sep 22, 2013 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 Pryor underwent concussion protocol and was diagnosed with a Grade 1 concussion ruling him out for the following week's game.

5 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

Great article for the narrative. Tells TP's story well. Funny how he was so resistant to becoming a WR, saying he can't catch. Now, his work ethic has him catch 400 balls / day from the machine. I love Pryor as a player, as a WR, would be fun to see some trick plays where he's tossing the ball as well, believe strongly in his talent, yet realistically I'm concerned about his health. Finger surgery in January seems to have gone ok, though... I reckon if we're placing him against Alshon and Watkins, Pryor is solid. How about next to DThomas or Fitzgerald, though?

Dec 18, 2016 NFL Hand Finger Sprain/Pull Unspecified  Pryor suffered a finger sprain with a torn ligament which required surgery but played through the injury.
Oct 16, 2016 NFL Thigh Hamstring Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Against the Titans, Pryor sustained a hamstring strain but it didn't affect his game time.
Oct 16, 2016 NFL Thigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2 Against the Titans, Pryor sustained a hamstring strain but it didn't affect his game time.
Aug 4, 2015 NFL Thigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2 Pryor pulled his hamstring in the offseason and missed a few practice sessions plus 3 preseason games.
Aug 4, 2015 NFL Thigh Hamstring Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Pryor pulled his hamstring in the offseason and missed a few practice sessions plus 3 preseason games.
Nov 10, 2013 NFL Knee MCL Sprain Grade 2 Pryor sprained his right MCL and was sidelined for the following two weeks of action.
Nov 3, 2013 NFL Knee MCL Sprain Grade 2 Pryor was diagnosed with a Grade 2 MCL sprain in his right knee in Week 9. He started Week 10 but was then sidelined for Weeks 11, 12, and 13.
Sep 22, 2013 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 Pryor underwent concussion protocol and was diagnosed with a Grade 1 concussion ruling him out for the following week's game.

5 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

Pryor vs Jeffery. Interesting convo, no?

2 minutes ago, OrangeCrush said:

Pryor vs Jeffery. Interesting convo, no?

I think the sample size is too small as of yet, and Alshon is an exceptional WR proven in the pros and in college. Just for the record, my comparison was based on durability. (Alshon playing 9 games and 12 games in the past two seasons, Pryor with a full 16 last year despite the late season finger issue)

10 minutes ago, ShowStopper said:

where u guys feel comfortable taking him? Looks like if you invest in him he will be your wr2 or if u go rb rb he will be your wr1... he doesn't fall past 3rd round in 10 team mock drafts I've done 

I don't play 10-team, but Pryor in the 3rd of 10-team is a too high a price. If it's PPR, Crowder several rounds later is a better buy.

On 8/14/2017 at 1:59 PM, burninglegs said:

That guy has a fantastic channel - I enjoy his videos. Most of Pryor's upside has been covered but to bump/reiterate he's having an awesome camp and joining an offense that lost over 200+ targets and was dying to have a big body in the red zone last year. His main competition for targets are two guys with injury history and haven't even been able to stay upright during camp (Doctson/Reed). I took Pryor over A.Jeffery/D.Thomas/A.Robinson at 3.8 in my 'big money' standard league last weekend. 

20 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

That guy has a fantastic channel - I enjoy his videos. Most of Pryor's upside has been covered but to bump/reiterate he's having an awesome camp and joining an offense that lost over 200+ targets and was dying to have a big body in the red zone last year. His main competition for targets are two guys with injury history and haven't even been able to stay upright during camp (Doctson/Reed). I took Pryor over A.Jeffery/D.Thomas/A.Robinson at 3.8 in my 'big money' standard league last weekend. 

Fantastic breakdown. 6'5" 230, had no clue he was that big. Love the Megatron comparisons on those slant routes. I took Pryor at 4.37 in my big money league and feel fantastic about it. 

8 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Fantastic breakdown. 6'5" 230, had no clue he was that big. Love the Megatron comparisons on those slant routes. I took Pryor at 4.37 in my big money league and feel fantastic about it. 

40 dash of 4.41 = 91st percentile

Heigh adjusted speed score = 128.3 = 99th percentile

Yeah, he is a beast physically. His best player comparison is DThomas from a metrics standpoint. 

Just now, burninglegs said:

Yeah, he is a beast physically. His best player comparison is DThomas from a metrics standpoint. 

Couple that with an already hobbled Reed ...

2 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Couple that with an already hobbled Reed ...

on top of his physical abilities and natural athleticism, his story is just awesome, fostered by his will to play and work ethic. He realizes what odds he was up against to reach where he is now (8 mil+ in incentives this yr I think?) and knows it's just the beginning for him. 

18 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

WR1 

126th in yards after catch last year.  Every NFL team had 4 players with more yards after catch.  Nothing but garbage time prevent defenses.

Britt was in a similar situation with the Rams.  Similar stats.  More yards after catch.

If you read the preseason articles about Pryor's amazing catches, they were all thrown by Colt McCoy and defended by second string secondary.  Pryor was listed WR1 for the first week of pre-season games.  He has run very few routes with the first team.  Crowder has identical stats as Antonio Brown the first two years of his career.  I'm a believer of Crowder.  Robert Davis (6th round rookie from Georgia State) is about one inch shorter with a 12 inch higher vertical.  His 40 time is about the same as Pryor.  I see Doctson as the "x", Crowder in the slot, and Pryor as the 3rd WR between the 20's.  Robert Davis should be replacing Pryor in the red zone.  

A "breakout" converted QB with one good season of garbage time football is too risky for a high pick.  I'm thinking Allen Robinson.

Doctson and Pryor are both developing receivers this year.  One was drafted to be a starting NFL "x".  The other took a one year tryout contract because he turned down a $40 million 5 year deal with Cleveland.   Kenny Britt has a better agent.

1 hour ago, JSA2422 said:

Crowder will have 100+ catches.

Robert Davis has about a 10 inch better high jump.  I'd throw red zone passes to the guy who is literally a foot higher than everyone else on the field, including Pryor.

7 minutes ago, Grayson2401 said:

Who? 

Robert Davis | Wide Receiver | #19

Team:  Washington Redskins
Age / DOB:   (22) / 4/2/1995
Ht / Wt:   6'3' / 217
College:  Georgia State
Drafted:  2017 / Rd. 6 (209) / WAS

Vertical jump

Player School Vertical
Noil, Speedy Texas A&M 43.5
Davis, Robert Georgia St 41.0
Dupre, Malachi Louisiana St 39.5
Howard, Bug North Carolina 37.5
Samuel, Curtis Ohio St 37.0
Cannon, K D Baylor 37.0
Ross, John Washington 37.0
Reynolds, Josh Texas A&M 37.0
Jones, Zay East Carolina 36.5
Hogan, Krishawn Marian University 36.5
Rector, Michael Stanford

Robert Davis played high school football on a team that never threw the ball.  The only school that offered him a scholarship was Georgia State, because they saw he was a phenomenal athlete.  He made everyone in his conference look like kids.  Only reason he was drafted so low is because he hasn't played against good defenses.  Pryor is a similar height with a vertical in the low 30s.  WASH is developing multiple receivers this year.  Only sure bet is Crowder in the slot.  Reed is one concussion away from being dead.

Martavis Bryant, Sterling Shepard, and DeVante Adams are similar height and vertical: big guys with huge jumping ability.  Martavis is also a jet speedster.

17 minutes ago, jmausen said:

Martavis Bryant, Sterling Shepard, and DeVante Adams are similar height and vertical: big guys with huge jumping ability.  Martavis is also a jet speedster.

I wouldn't exactly say similar in height, not for Sheppard and Adams, the first two here:

5'10" 201

6'1" 215

6'3" 217

6'4" 211

6'4" 228

Bryant, Davis, and Pryor are similar in stature... though I can't believe Davis is in this conversation at all (for those just visiting this thread, we're talking Robert Davis, not Corey Davis... though Corey actually belongs here).

23 minutes ago, jmausen said:

Robert Davis | Wide Receiver | #19

Team:  Washington Redskins
Age / DOB:   (22) / 4/2/1995
Ht / Wt:   6'3' / 217
College:  Georgia State
Drafted:  2017 / Rd. 6 (209) / WAS

Vertical jump

Player School Vertical
Noil, Speedy Texas A&M 43.5
Davis, Robert Georgia St 41.0
Dupre, Malachi Louisiana St 39.5
Howard, Bug North Carolina 37.5
Samuel, Curtis Ohio St 37.0
Cannon, K D Baylor 37.0
Ross, John Washington 37.0
Reynolds, Josh Texas A&M 37.0
Jones, Zay East Carolina 36.5
Hogan, Krishawn Marian University 36.5
Rector, Michael Stanford

Robert Davis played high school football on a team that never threw the ball.  The only school that offered him a scholarship was Georgia State, because they saw he was a phenomenal athlete.  He made everyone in his conference look like kids.  Only reason he was drafted so low is because he hasn't played against good defenses.  Pryor is a similar height with a vertical in the low 30s.  WASH is developing multiple receivers this year.  Only sure bet is Crowder in the slot.  Reed is one concussion away from being dead.

Interesting I guess but sounds like this guy will need a Pryor or Doctson injury to see the field? or presumably outplay them by that much sometime during the season?