NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Terrelle Pryor 2017 Season Outlook

FFCollusion

On 8/30/2017 at 0:53 AM, LeeVanCleef said:

I already drafted him. I was asking if anyone was concerned based on what they saw. Ever hear of a sophomore slump?  It's possible. New system, new qb, bigger stage to be the man now and what I read was that he wasn't looking too hot so I wanted to get people's opinions.

I think Pryor needs a few things to fall his way to warrant his priced to perfection ADP and realize the top 5 wr people keep hoping for. He needs doctson to be irrelevant and reed to become injured, making him the sole big body target monster for Kirk. 

I think people are also missing the other side of the equation of Kirk cousins having to adjust to a new set or wr's and a new OC. He doesnt have the comfort and reliability of veterans like garcon and desean and shannahan calling the plays.

Sort of lazy for people to say pryor did x on theBrowns so he should do Y on the Skins. 

What Pryor has going for him is he is a big, athletic freak with discipline and NFL maturity, that should allow him to be successful as he continues his transition as a wr

Edited by dashoe

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I think Pryor needs a few things to fall his way to warrant his priced to perfection ADP and realize the top 5 wr people keep hoping for. He needs doctson to be irrelevant and reed to become injured, making him the sole big body target monster for Kirk. 

I think people are also missing the other side of the equation of Kirk cousins having to adjust to a new set or wr's and a new OC. He doesnt have the comfort and reliability of veterans like garcon and desean and shannahan calling the plays.

Sort of lazy for people to say pryor did x on theBrowns so he should do Y on the Skins. 

What Pryor has going for him is he is a big, athletic freak with discipline and NFL maturity, that should allow him to be successful as he continues his transition as a wr

Did you watch pryor play last year? He was amazing at adjusting to 5 different QBs in one season for 1,000 yards, things could break wrong for him in washington and he will still cruise to 1,000 yards receiving and 8tds.

You can put a fork in doctson, he is done. Recurring groin and hamstring injuries? Yeah, he wont be affecting Pryor.

So now ww are down to Pryor, Reed, and Crowder. Plenty of room to feed all those guys and everyone knows how fragile  Reed is. 

26 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Did you watch pryor play last year? He was amazing at adjusting to 5 different QBs in one season for 1,000 yards, things could break wrong for him in washington and he will still cruise to 1,000 yards receiving and 8tds.

You can put a fork in doctson, he is done. Recurring groin and hamstring injuries? Yeah, he wont be affecting Pryor.

So now ww are down to Pryor, Reed, and Crowder. Plenty of room to feed all those guys and everyone knows how fragile  Reed is. 

and not a single thing you mentioned contradicts what i mentioned so I guess we are in a similar solar system but not not exactly the same orbit? :D

59 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I think people are also missing the other side of the equation of Kirk cousins having to adjust to a new OC ... He doesnt have the comfort and reliability of...shannahan calling the plays.

giphy.gif

Where is it you seem to think Shannahan coached last year?

Funny how underrated Kirk still is here and apparently to the reddkins. The guy reminds me a lot of Drew Brees and his passing numbers are incredibly impressive. Garcon and DJAX are/we're past their respective primes and look what he did with them. Jordan Reed is an exceptional talent but the likelihood him playing a full 16 game season is minimal. Pryor and Crowder are significant upgrades to the weapons he had last year. They're going to feast while Kirk tosses 5k yards and their big 3 get most of that. All in.

9 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

I'm 50/50 on Pryor.

I'm just hoping Reed doesn't steal all the TD's. You'd think defenses will give Reed more attention in the redzone and possibly leave more opportunities for Pryor. Guess we'll find out.

With the Redskins D, or lack thereof, a competing division.m, Kirk playing for a big contract (that he deserves), there's going to be plenty of TDs to go around

By default, I don't see how this guy doesn't go for at least 1K yards.

Let's be conservative estimate 4.5K passing yards for Cousins...what does that allocation look like?

Reeds highest output was 952 yards but he's a mortal lock to miss games

Both Pryor/Crowder should eclipse the 1K receiving yards mark.  Doctson is a wildcard but he has done very little in his short career and has not played many snaps in preseason.

8-10 TDs and you're looking at a top 10 fantasy WR

17 minutes ago, hoover8813 said:

Anyone else a little nervous about him given how the skins looked in the preseason? I know it's just preseason, but that offense as a whole looked completely out of sync and terrible. Maybe it'll take longer to adjust to no Mcvay than people think? 

I watched that Bengals game and you were right that the offense was out of sync.  They were downright putrid in the 1st quarter.

Won't be surprised if Cousins and the WR corp get off to a slow start but the numbers should be there at the end.

9 hours ago, Pooskay said:

little worried, but Gruden is calling the plays, so not so much.

Redskins have 4 wr between 6ft- 6'4 in height whereas last season i dont think they had any that were on the field, it shouldnt take kirk long to start finding these big targets, particularly in the end zone 

Edited by dashoe

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2017/09/heres_how_close_the_eagles_came_to_signing_redskin.html

Pryor interview on Wednesday. 

"I know coming here was a good decision," Pryor said of his choice to sign with the Redskins. "I really wanted to play with Kirk [Cousins],he's a great quarterback. That's what I was looking for, to play for a good quarterback. All I need was another year to get my feet back on the ground and show that I can dominate and be better than last year. I will be. 

"A lot of teams ... I got four or five offers from four or five teams for four or five-year deals for a lot of money, but it wasn't where I thought I needed to be. At the end of the day, I wanted to really show I can do it, dominate at it again, and really just set myself up to have a home for four or five years, that way I can sign somewhere for four or five years instead of always moving around."

He didn't say "I'm hoping to prove my worth to this franchise so they invest in me long term. I feel like the Redskins have something special going on and I am eager to be apart of this building franchise"

He basically said.....I wanted to go to a QB that throws alot...so I get awesome stats, and then find a team somewhere afterwards that will pay me a s--- ton of money. 

14 hours ago, Tenner said:

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2017/09/heres_how_close_the_eagles_came_to_signing_redskin.html

"I know coming here was a good decision," Pryor said of his choice to sign with the Redskins. "I really wanted to play with Kirk [Cousins],he's a great quarterback. That's what I was looking for, to play for a good quarterback. All I need was another year to get my feet back on the ground and show that I can dominate and be better than last year. I will be. 

"A lot of teams ... I got four or five offers from four or five teams for four or five-year deals for a lot of money, but it wasn't where I thought I needed to be. At the end of the day, I wanted to really show I can do it, dominate at it again, and really just set myself up to have a home for four or five years, that way I can sign somewhere for four or five years instead of always moving around."

He didn't say "I'm hoping to prove my worth to this franchise so they invest in me long term. I feel like the Redskins have something special going on and I am eager to be apart of this building franchise"

He basically said.....I wanted to go to a QB that throws alot...so I get awesome stats, and then find a team somewhere afterwards that will pay me a s--- ton of money. 

Yeah this was always known because the browns offered him the best long term money deal $8.5mm yr 4yrs and he wanted $13mm-15mm yr  for 4yrs  so they let him walk and no other team was willing to give him anywhere close to what he wanted.  So now he is on the skins for $6mm/1yr so he can have a shot at his $15mm 4yr deal next year. It was always about the money with Pryor and his primary motivator, if it works out he earned it.

Edited by dashoe

3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Yeah this was always known because the browns offered him the best long term money deal $8.5mm yr 4yrs and he wanted $13mm-15mm yr  for 4yrs  so they let him walk.  So now he is on the skins for $6mm/1yr so he can have a shot at his $15mm 4yr deal next year. It was always about the money with Pryor and his primary motivator, if it works out he earned it.

Kirk wants to get paid too. I ecpect kirk to pryor to be a top 5 connection this year

For fantasy purposes this is probably a good thing! He has so much on the line. As long as he isn't some kind of locker room cancer and last year wasn't a fluke, this can end up working miraculously.

Regards,

Terrified Pryor Owner