NBC Sports Edge Forums

Terrelle Pryor 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pryor is killing his value to the offense. Dude is not attacking the ball and is definitely losing the confidence of Kirk. 

Quick slant pass you have to attack the ball and get the 1st down.  he looked like he pulled back becuase he didnt want to extend himself and get opened up for a hit.

Freak athlete but far from polished.  More hype than finished product.  Can't be a #1 WR if you can't run a simple quick slant.  Huge 3rd and short too - just not very reliable in this offense.

Take last night's good box score and go sell him.

I saw the slant play....He did alligator arm it a little but on the replay, the ball really was thrown too far out ahead of him.  If he does catch that, he probably gets lit up by 3 guys and drops it anyways.

Agree Pryor looks raw but at the same time, but he's not being used very well IMO.  He's not a precision route runner but he's a 6'5 freak athlete.  The Redskins have 3rd and goal at the 2 and they'd rather run a QB rollout run with Cousins than throw a jump ball fade to their 6'5 freak athlete WR.  That was the perfect spot to lob one up to Pryor and he's going to win a lot of those jump balls.

Same thing out on the field....Throw him some WR screens or quick passes in the flat and let him use his athleticism.  He got one pass like that and made a nice gain.

IMO they just aren't playing to Pryor's strengths at all.  Stop running these quick timing route plays that require a quick 5 yard burst and precision route running....Get him out in space or down the field and let him use his size and athleticism.  

5 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

I saw the slant play....He did alligator arm it a little but on the replay, the ball really was thrown too far out ahead of him.  If he does catch that, he probably gets lit up by 3 guys and drops it anyways.

Agree Pryor looks raw but at the same time, but he's not being used very well IMO.  He's not a precision route runner but he's a 6'5 freak athlete.  The Redskins have 3rd and goal at the 2 and they'd rather run a QB rollout run with Cousins than throw a jump ball fade to their 6'5 freak athlete WR.  That was the perfect spot to lob one up to Pryor and he's going to win a lot of those jump balls.

Same thing out on the field....Throw him some WR screens or quick passes in the flat and let him use his athleticism.  He got one pass like that and made a nice gain.

IMO they just aren't playing to Pryor's strengths at all.  Stop running these quick timing route plays that require a quick 5 yard burst and precision route running....Get him out in space or down the field and let him use his size and athleticism.  

I thought one of the main reasons they brought him in and got a bunch of guys over 6'2 was to do end zone fades. . havent seen that yet

Also ont he slant play even if u get hit and drop it the QB wants to know you are going to put in 100% effort to  make that catch for him even if u drop it.  he is the new guy not the established vet who can get away with that every now and then

Edited by dashoe

Another thing Cleveland lined him up as a QB in the wildcat last year which also helped his value, Redskins are not using him the right way he reminds be of the current Dez bryant who is just a big powerful WR and not used for screens or quick pass routes.  They basically match him up on the best corner and he runs his route or blocks.

I got 2 offers for him after his ok game . Danny Amedola and Devin Funchess and I took Funchess.  I watched to see any game in him last night and yes it was great he scored but that was a fluky TD and saw a few plays where he dropped the ball again.. Definitely if you can a sell high.

1 hour ago, damageinc said:

I got 2 offers for him after his ok game . Danny Amedola and Devin Funchess and I took Funchess.  I watched to see any game in him last night and yes it was great he scored but that was a fluky TD and saw a few plays where he dropped the ball again.. Definitely if you can a sell high.

Neither were great choices, each have their own flaws. I probably would have held him before trading for either of those choices, the upside for you is Funchess should have a decent 5-10 targets + a coiple of redzone looks with Olsen out and Kelvin gimpy. i would have tried to get a low end rb like james white or if someone wasnt paying attention Kamara

Edited by dashoe

Pryor is horribly frustrating to own and it seems like most of his production as a Brown was due to off coverage because the Browns were so often behind on the scoreboard. I gotta say that I’m pretty unsure about what to do with this guy but I know one thing I wouldn’t do is trade him for Devon Funchess.

I will just glad to be rid of him. I don't have a great wr core .AJ green , pryor, doctson , martavius Bryant.

Pryor not helping me much on bench and I figure I can mix up Bryant and Devin, and hope Dotson  does something.  Honestly I was ready to drop pryor and crowell . Worst draft picks for me this year.

I think I'm going to try and buy-low on him with his owner 0-4. The opportunity is there for this guy to be at least a WR2 but his targets (11, 4, 4, 5) and him not capitalizing on Jordan Reed not playing at 100% is concerning. Maybe the BYE week can help find ways to get him involved more. 

On Tue Oct 03 2017 at 6:45 PM, damageinc said:

Tragic, just tragic, you will pay a heavy price for that.

A little patience here would have benefited you greatly.

22 hours ago, damageinc said:

I will just glad to be rid of him. I don't have a great wr core .AJ green , pryor, doctson , martavius Bryant.

Pryor not helping me much on bench and I figure I can mix up Bryant and Devin, and hope Dotson  does something.  Honestly I was ready to drop pryor and crowell . Worst draft picks for me this year.

Its only week 4, good grief, 1 player doesnt sink you.