NBC Sports Edge Forums

Terrelle Pryor 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Everyone around here that has bad luck is still winning, when you make a claim like that you need to post a roster with you screen name as your team or it's all bs

yeah, cause so many people come on here to just say oh i drafted these scrubs and im in first!  seems like a waste of energy if that was my intent!  

Edited by boom o bust

I don't get the whole "Kirk doesn't even look his way."  Why would you look his way?  His route running sucks, his attitude sucks and his hands suck.  Same with Derek Carr.  Why would you try throwing to these bums knowing what the outcome is?  The outcome is to win games, not give players fantasy points and targets.  The only way Pryor or Cooper are coming out of this mess is gameflow.  If they are both up by a substantial margin, they will get opportunities to get the confidence back and be comfortable.  But as of right now with being behind or close games, no way I'm looking at either of these guys as well.

2 minutes ago, bobloblob said:

Homie has been riding the pine since week 3 for me.  I'm starting him this week because I think he has a huge game.  Revenge game, Eagles secondary.  I think they take some shots down field with him.

Whats this revenge you speak of against the Eagles? 

6 minutes ago, bobloblob said:

Eagles came in and spanked the Redskins in week one.

Ummmm no......no they did not.  I am guessing you did not watch that game.  Otherwise you would have saw the refs botch an embarrassing fumble to lose the game for the Redskins, otherwise they would have won.

I would suggest picking up Doctson if you can.

I dropped Wallace for him in the league where I have Pryor.

Cousins looks like he found his mojo and will continue to throw like crazy. Someone is going to get the ball and it's going to be 1 of these 2 if not both. Crowder looks like no threat for big plays and Reed looks like he's on his decline. I cannot see Thompson continuing to be the WR1, nor Grant. 

lost my league match by 0.5 points because this bum pryor can't get anything going. smfh. this clown is a disgrace to the WR position. if i had played kearse or decker or anyone else off waivers I would've won. But I was forced to start him in my wr3 slot due to byes and injuries.

2 hours ago, Fiveohnine said:

PHI has shut down the run all season. So Pryor might just be startable for a change. 

Kind of my thinking as well, if you have him you start him this week (unless you're really stacked).

Don't know why I'm keeping this guy. If he goes off, he'll do so on my bench. If he doesn't, he's just taking up a roster spot.

With Chris Thompson taking the short dump-offs and Gruden looking at Doctson to "get more invovled", I don't see prospects for Pryor improving any time soon.

1 minute ago, TheLegacy said:

Don't know why I'm keeping this guy. If he goes off, he'll do so on my bench. If he doesn't, he's just taking up a roster spot.

With Chris Thompson taking the short dump-offs and Gruden looking at Doctson to "get more invovled", I don't see prospects for Pryor improving any time soon.

The only way Gruden can get Doctson, pryor,crowder more involved is Kirk would need to increase his pass attempts  or he would need to decrease the passes to the rb's, TE., Grant and anyone else

I remember reading lots of posts in preseason explaining how Cousins and the Skins offense had more than enough targets and scores to make Reed, Crowder and Pryor weekly starters.  Can someone who wrote one of those posts explain where are all these targets and scores are going?  Not trolling.  Just trying to understand (I own shares of Pryor, after all) what is causing the disconnect between all that PS number crunching and the results we've experienced through 6 weeks.  It is not like Cousins has missed time or that the Skins are 0-6.  

The threads in preseason are filled with posts arguing that "so-and-so" is destined to be targeted "x" times because that is the undeniable math and, then, shazaam, here we are approaching midseason and nothing of the sort has happened.  This just seems like a good time to revisit that sort of thinking and understand what invalidates it.

10 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

I remember reading lots of posts in preseason explaining how Cousins and the Skins offense had more than enough targets and scores to make Reed, Crowder and Pryor weekly starters.  Can someone who wrote one of those posts explain where are all these targets and scores are going?  Not trolling.  Just trying to understand (I own shares of Pryor, after all) what is causing the disconnect between all that PS number crunching and the results we've experienced through 6 weeks.  It is not like Cousins has missed time or that the Skins are 0-6.  

The threads in preseason are filled with posts arguing that "so-and-so" is destined to be targeted "x" times because that is the undeniable math and, then, shazaam, here we are approaching midseason and nothing of the sort has happened.  This just seems like a good time to revisit that sort of thinking and understand what invalidates it.

People didn't take into account Chris Thompson. He has 26 targets through 5 weeks and has 340 yards on receiving alone and is on pace for 1,000 receiving yards this season. It's working for them and it doesn't look like they're changing it any time soon as Thompson looks embedded into the offense now.

9 minutes ago, TheLegacy said:

People didn't take into account Chris Thompson. He has 26 targets through 5 weeks and has 340 yards on receiving alone and is on pace for 1,000 receiving yards this season. It's working for them and it doesn't look like they're changing it any time soon as Thompson looks embedded into the offense now.

I get the Thompson factor, but is that really enough to turn this "look at the projected targets" analysis on its head.  It is not like Thompson wasn't a factor in 2016, when the numbers that PS posters were focusing on were generated.

30 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

oh that's easy the Redskins are winning by RUNNING the ball and dinking and dunking which doesnt  require as many pass attempts to the wr corp. the rb's and TE's are gobbling up the targets and getting massive yards after the catch. Also Kirk is spreading the wall around to more pass catchers because he has a bit more time to throw and go through his progressions to hit guys like Grant. 

This is not the same offense last season that couldnt run the ball and had kirk throwing to dependable pass catchers like Garcon and desean and reed. End result is less pass happy means fewer pass attempts and targets to go around to more pass catchers

I avoided taking pryor because i didnt buy into the hype that he was just going to step into a new system and be a target hog and dominate.  His draft price was too high. I also thought crowder was a better value in the 5th round and I was wrong about that. \

Can't be right about every call :D

Edited by dashoe

We are also lining up with 2 TE sets an monitoring Reed's snaps as he is a piece of glass.  Vernon Davis has been a monster.  Bottom line right now is this, Kirk is spreading the ball around more than ever.  The waters are muddied right now.  I will monitor Sterling Shepard/Jordan Mathews this week but if one of those guys is 100% going this Sunday, I just can't play Pryor.

53 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

Pryor leads the team in targets so all the people who predicted that were correct and had no reason to believe otherwise. Thompson is #2, followed by Reed, Crowder and Grant. All of them have between 20-29 targets so its an equal opportunity offense, as many predicted. Its just nobody envisioned Thompson (19 ypc) and Vernon Davis (20 ypc) of all people being #1 and #2 in receiving yards on the team. Those are the only two guys making the most of their opportunities.

You're better off starting Vernon Davis and his 20 yards per reception than Pryor or Crowder at this point. Davis has relied on big plays, but defenses keep leaving him open for big gains after the catch game after game. Cousins is on fire both with his arm and legs. He'll put up 300 again. But as the season has dictated, Thompson and Davis will likely have 40-50% of those yards.

Edited by KareemX