NBC Sports Edge Forums

Terrelle Pryor 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Rolling Thunder said:

So is the moral of the story simply that it doesn't take alot to change an offense, so  recent statistical data shouldn't be given the great weight that these "target share" posts give it?

Not necessarily. I think the biggest issue with this team was the amount of turnover. They lost Garcon and Jackson at WR, and potentially more importantly, lost their OC, McVay. The OC is the big one, as that is likely the piece that tells you the offense is likely to experience some changes.

Had McVay stuck around, I would have said that the target share was more likely to remain similar to 2016. But breaking in a new OC *and* losing 2 receivers who combined for ~120 targets / year over the last three years made for a bigger change than we perhaps thought.

Still, as pointed out, Pryor is leading the team in targets. Unfortunately that's buoyed by a week 1 target count of 11, where no week since has been >5. 

Terrelle Pryor has been a massive disappointment and is just a questionable fantasy player at this point. He had a great matchup last week and totaled just three catches for 23 yards. He’s now totaled 31 yards or less in three of the last four games, and if not for his one big play against the Chiefs, it would have been four games in a row. This matchup is great against an Eagles defense who struggled to stay with him in Week 1, and that was with Ronald Darby. They’ll be without him once again, making Pryor someone who could surprise in Week 7, though we’ve heard that before. But still, if you don’t play him in this matchup, when will you?

2 hours ago, lolcopter said:

How is this bum Rotoworld’s WR start of the week? ?

No idea.

Me, I'm on the fence with Pryor as my opponent has Cousins.  My options are basically Pryor, R Matthews or M Bryant.  I like Matthews' matchup but my opponent will be playing Cousins so I almost feel obligated to play Pryor.  With my luck, I'd bench Pryor and this would be the week he'd decide to go for 100 yards and 2 TD's or something.

I just know this bum will wind up with 2 catches for 30 yards though if I play him.  

I've basically been playing the wrong guy out of these 3 every week.  They all have 1 TD and none of them have been in my lineup when they scored it.

I just keep hoping one week a defensive coordinator decides to take Thompson and the TE's away to make Cousins throw the ball outside to his WR's since he seems to hate throwing to them.

I still think Pryor is good and an athletic freak but the Redskins just don't seem interested in using him or running plays for him.  

I'd be tossing at least one or two balls a game up for him to just let him use his size and athleticism to make a play or draw a penalty.

Not playing Pryor this week. Got him in a trade as an add-on piece. I didn't really want this guy, but ended up with him.

I don't wanna go into Monday needing Pryor to get ~10 or so points and then coming up empty handed. No way am I starting this bum on MNF. If he blows up great, I can use him to trade in a packaged deal, if not he's 100% droppable.

On 10/19/2017 at 9:37 AM, yanksman said:

Im shocked someone dropped him in my league. Not saying Im starting him but definitely scooping him up as my WR4

I wouldn't be. I was looking to drop him this week too. 3 or fewer catches in his last 4 games sucks for PPR.

And as said before, what really concerns me is that the Skins have nothing invested in him past this season. If they have discovered something not to their liking, they have zero incentive to go out of their way to try to fix it.  They'll just stay the course (meaning run their offense through other guys) and just say farewell after Week 17.  Not a good situation.

9 hours ago, Rolling Thunder said:

And as said before, what really concerns me is that the Skins have nothing invested in him past this season. If they have discovered something not to their liking, they have zero incentive to go out of their way to try to fix it.  They'll just stay the course (meaning run their offense through other guys) and just say farewell after Week 17.  Not a good situation.

Agreed, if the skins know he is no long term answer no need to force him the ball.

Im hindsight, terrible for pryor to go to a team full of playmakers on a 1 year prove it deal.

9 hours ago, Rolling Thunder said:

They may take that approach if/when the season becomes a lost cause. But I think they’ll do everything they can to correct the problem as long as they’re in the playoff picture.

He keeps getting targeted. So that tells me he must be practicing at least fairly well. 

I think the Eagles will be playing the run pretty tough on Monday, so I’m probably firing Pryor up, even though I don’t have to. 

Edited by Fiveohnine
11 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

I think the Eagles will be playing the run pretty tough on Monday, so I’m probably firing Pryor up, even though I don’t have to. 

Interesting.  It really isn't a bad match up, especially if the Skins end up chasing points and Eagles have an effective GP for Thompson.

Edited by Rolling Thunder
1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Agreed, if the skins know he is no long term answer no need to force him the ball.

Im hindsight, terrible for pryor to go to a team full of playmakers on a 1 year prove it deal.

In hindsight terrible to  turn down a 4yr deal on a team that you proved it to for a team that you have to prove it to. At 28yrs old if he doesnt get the 4yr deal next year he will probably have a remaining career of 1-2yr deals.

Kenny Britt looks like a genius taking Pryors deal

Edited by dashoe
5 minutes ago, dashoe said:

In hindsight terrible to  turn down a 4yr deal on a team that you proved it to for a team that you have to prove it to. At 28yrs old if he doesnt get the 4yr deal next year he will probably have a remaining career of 1-2yr deals.

Kenny Britt looks like a genius taking Pryors deal

Well sure.  Still, it made sense at the time.  Thinking he'd go to a high powered air attack offense that is a pass first team.  A team that just let BOTH of their top WRS go, who each had 1,000 yards walk.  Oh, and Crowder had 847 yards as well! Playing with a real QB instead of the mess in Cleveland, and this real QB threw for almost 5,000 yards last year. Thinking he'd get another 1,000 yard season and then get a fatter 4 year contract in FA wasn't delusional considering the circumstances.

Then the season happens, and Washington wants to run the ball and throw it to anyone who isn't a WR.  Thompson had 349 receiving yards all of last year.  He has 340 right now and is their leading receiver.  Who is the #2 in yardage on the team? Vernon fricking Davis.