NBC Sports Edge Forums

Terrelle Pryor 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No mouths to feed in Cleveland while Skins have plenty of guys to feed. Cousins is leaps and bounds above Cleveland qbs. While the qb carousel constantly looked for Pryor, Cousins ks quick with his reads and spreada the ball around. While Pryor has big play ability, he's just another guy in the wr room in dc.

17 minutes ago, KareemX said:

Cousins has thrown for 300+ yards in 3 of the last 4 games. Vernon Davis and Chris Thompson are his main targets, with Reed finally showing up tonight. The WRs are just plain bad and Cousins finds a way. That's the sign of a really good QB and over-hyped WRs.

The Redskins aren't going to win when it matters when the primary source of their offense is coming from check downs to the RB.

Just now, nb009 said:

The Redskins aren't going to win when it matters when the primary source of their offense is coming from check downs to the RB.

But that's not the primary source of their offense. Vernon Davis is averaging 20 yards per catch and consistently gets long receptions. He's basically doing what Pryor was supposed to do (pick him up if available in waivers). Thompson is good out of the backfield, Doctson is developing into the #1 WR, Reed is starting to warm up, and Ryan Grant is solid. Only Crowder and Pryor are useless. The Redskins are a 2 TE offense and Cousins is like the new Brees. He spreads the ball around and ends up with 300 yards at the end of the game. They lost tonight because the defense couldn't get a stop after Mack Hollins got the Eagles going.

Yeah the Skins having a plethora of pass catchers it’s really difficult to carve out any consistent value in DC. Doctson looks like the best bet for production in my opinion ROS. I also think Crowder might be a useful wr3/4 in ppr. Ryan grant is simply a better bet for production at this point even. To think he was a 2nd round pick in a lot of leagues.

He looks absolutely awful, that is, when he’s actually in the game. The Houdini disappearing act in the first half was fun.

So lackadaisical at times, rarely ever catches the ball with his hands (even Gruden commented on that), and just seems to be lacking motivation.

This guy stinks, and I’m dropping. Good luck to those of you sticking with him.

This was the first game where Pryor really fell down the depth chart and lost snaps. Up to this point he was starting every game as the Skins’ WR1. So I figured that meant he must be practicing well. Obviously that is probably not the case. 

Im not sure if Ryan Grant outsnapped Pryor for the game. But it definitely seemed like he did in the first half. The coaches really seemed to have dropped Pryor down to WR4 behind Crowder, Doctson and Grant. 

OCTOBER 24, 2017 1:15 AM

PHILADELPHIA 

Helpless on the Washington sideline, Terrelle Pryor was reduced to a very expensive booster.

Pryor was signed to become the Redskins' No. 1 receiver.

The free-agent receiver so far has simply been an $8 million bust in burgundy.

"I was on the sideline really just cheering my teammates on," Pryor said. "Just trying to be the best teammate I could be on the sideline and get guys pumped up. Whatever I could do on the sideline."

he's no Martavis Bryant .... so he has that going for him

He doesn't run crisp routes. He has stone hands and makes even the easiest of catches look difficult. He has tons of athletic ability, but this year he is certainly looking like a guy who hasn't played WR very long, trying to learn a new systems that demands he does something other than run 9 routes or slants. 

7 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

He doesn't run crisp routes. He has stone hands and makes even the easiest of catches look difficult. He has tons of athletic ability, but this year he is certainly looking like a guy who hasn't played WR very long, trying to learn a new systems that demands he does something other than run 9 routes or slants. 

Must’ve been some real sandlot s--- we were seeing last year. What a mirage

Edited by Proteus
1 minute ago, dannyz6969 said:

before we go dropping this bum, any chance he gets traded to a WR decimated team?

Even if he did, it wouldn't make a difference. He simply isn't as talented as many thought. He struggles to get separation, struggles to run crisp routes, and struggles to even catch the ball at times. He's not going to be an option that can help you down the stretch.

4 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

before we go dropping this bum, any chance he gets traded to a WR decimated team?

No one i going to trade for a wr on a guaranteed 1yr contract that hasnt done much, he isn't the missing piece for a team in the playoff hunt so cheaper to pick him up as a FA