NBC Sports Edge Forums

Terrelle Pryor 2017 Season Outlook

12 hours ago, FFCollusion said:

Pryor has failed to meet expectations.  I liked Pryor and thought he would do well, but I was wrong.  Luckily, the hype pushed his price beyond what I was willing to pay, even as a believer, so I only own him in a single league (auction) where he was my WR4 anyways, so I've only started him Week 1, saw enough to bench him, and have only used him for byes since.

Having said that, I think it's important to note, that Pryor is not failing for any of the reasons 95% of detractors in this thread said he would, so they were wrong as well.

I don't recall anyone saying Pryor would fail because Chris Thompson would be the only non-QB worth owning on the entire team.

A lot of people said Crowder would be the WR to own, a better draft day value.  Wrong.

A lot of people said this offense runs through Reed.  Wrong.

Many though Doctson would be the #1 WR from day 1.  Wrong.

We all got it wrong.  As I stated, Pryor, despite how much I liked him, is still a 1 year wonder until proven otherwise.  Freak 'athletes' can have good seasons in any given season (in my opinion) by exploiting their size/speed, but it takes a good 'WR' to be able to repeat those seasons regularly.  Unfortunately, it appears Pryor falls into the former category, unless he can turn things around.  Given his limited experience at the position, I wouldn't write him off entirely next year, I do think he can progress, but we need to see it on the field, not just the stat sheets.

I wouldn't drop him yet personally (Assuming 12 team PPR leagues) but if WAS follows through with running Doctson as the #1 for 1, maybe 2 more weeks depending on how he performs, then he's an easy cut.  As of right now, just because Docston will get a shot, doesn't mean he automatically will succeed.  Doctson could just as easily go out there, fall flat on his face, and WAS goes back to Pryor.  If next week Doctson passes the eye test in a full NFL game as the #1 WR against a team who prepared for him that way, then it might only take 1 week to cut Pryor if the snap counts line up as well.

This is a terrible week for waivers in my opinion, so I'm holding at least 1 more week, to evaluate Doctson before completely giving up on Pryor.

Just my .02, good luck.

@FFCollusion Good post and great perspective and I don't disagree with you. I suppose if you're a team sitting at 7-0 or 6-1, you can afford to continue to stash TP and hope he can turns things around. I for one at 4-3 had to cut and stash for a player that actually has upside (Corey Davis). If TP hasn't produced on the field in these first 7 weeks of football, the chances are slim that he ever will IMO. But great perspective nonetheless.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, nb009 said:

"Crowder" and "value pick in rd 5" should never be used in the same sentence. If the draft were held today he would go undrafted. Both players are busts thus far this season and have zero value. You weren't right about anything, so I honestly don't see the point in you mentioning that.

The point was  he was a better relative value than pryor given their respective round if u picked terrell in rd 3  or crowder in rd 5 which pick would u be more supset with in terms of your team?  I'm ok with a rd5 pick busting but a rd3 is tougher to  recover from when u look at other picks that went in rd 3 depending on when ur draft date was

Edited by dashoe
13 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Yeah, I had read it this morning. Just happy to be rid of this albatross on my team (same thing with Martavis Bryant).

Lost two out of my last three games, in large part because of Pryor and Bryant. Two gigantic duds for the season, time to move on to greener pastures.

30 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Thanks for sharing this. Confirms I made the right call in dumping TP.

23 minutes ago, Bingo Bandanas said:

Yeah, I had read it this morning. Just happy to be rid of this albatross on my team (same thing with Martavis Bryant).

Lost two out of my last three games, in large part because of Pryor and Bryant. Two gigantic duds for the season, time to move on to greener pastures.

The problem I face the players that are available on the WW.....nothing that I believe matches what TP might/could/maybe if given the chance. Am I hoping for a miracle? Damn right after all he was my 3rd pick. I was one dumb MF 

Edited by shakestreet

The biggest problem is Pryor needs a s--- ton of volume. He had 140 Targets and produced only 1007 yards and 77 catches last year. Sure he had awful QBs, but his catch rate this year is almost identical to what it was last year (54.6% to 55% last year) with an exponentially better QB. 

Cousins is going to continue to spread the ball around, all signs point to a guy who can only produce with massive target numbers which isn't going to happen. I think we all got duped, by the social media videos of Pryor one handing balls in the back of the endzone in shorts. He's garbage. 

Edited by TheDoctor
12 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

got duped, by the social media videos of Pryor one handing balls in the back of the endzone in shorts. He's garbage. 

That clip was  a pass from Colt mccoy and I have yet to see that end zone fade with any redskins wr, Gruden claimed he wanted to  use redzone fades since preseason because he couldnt do it last year with his small wr's

did anyone see the after game press conference from Kirk?  he didnt even mention Pryor's name when talking about players producing/helping the team.  if he cant even say his name then i have no hope for Pryor.  

id rather chance it with corey davis, mack hollins, or jordan mathews

1 minute ago, boom o bust said:

did anyone see the after game press conference from Kirk?  he didnt even mention Pryor's name when talking about players producing/helping the team.  if he cant even say his name then i have no hope for Pryor.  

I rather hold onto Pryor..... 

4 minutes ago, boom o bust said:

2 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I'd rather go back to draft day and choose tyreek instead...

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

as much as i want to...hes going one way and doctson the other.  maybe if he doesnt get picked up by sundays start i will scoop him back up.  but its not like their schedule gets easier and kirk is liking those quick throws to the TE's and Thompson

Fantasy football is hard. I picked up Pryor in my dynasty 2.5 years ago as soon as he converted to WR. After last year I thought I had a gem on my hands. Wanted him in redraft this year but was unable to secure him. 

I guess it's starting to make sense why nobody really wanted this guy in FA. He had to settle for a 1 yr deal for a reason apparently. 

1 hour ago, izzyf89 said:

The only time Ill consider picking him back up is if he's traded back to the Browns. 

You know things are really bad when fantasy players are advocating for a trade to Cleveland to IMPROVE his situation.