NBC Sports Edge Forums

Martellus Bennett 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, Agmaniacmike said:

He apparently has had a torn labrum and rotator cuff possibly dating back to training camp.

b-b-but everyone says he's a quitter and a p.o.s. 

surely no one on these forums would assign blame without knowing the whole story!

Edited by osb_tensor
15 minutes ago, osb_tensor said:

b-b-but everyone says he's a quitter and a p.o.s. 

surely no one on these forums would assign blame without knowing the whole story!

...because he did quit on the Packers. He can gut it out to play for the Pats, but he wasn't really willing to do the same when Rodgers went down. 

Edited by Jwook
2 minutes ago, SonataArctica said:

Honestly after reading Bennett's side of the story I believe him over the packers. The Packers organization seems like the s---y ones in this situation.

but the second opinions he got all said he needed surgery and he wanted to get surgery, but now he's practicing in NE? What happened to needing surgery?

3 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

What a jacked story this guy just came up with in Green Bay. 

Wow

have fun fun with him New England. If his shoulder is actually hurt like he calls out Green Bay on, why does he have a chance to play Sunday????

because he's a coward

Don't blame him, he wanted to play with Rodgers not Hundley.  The guy is in his final year and would probably like to win another game at the very least.  I would jump off the Hundley/McCarthy led packers as fast as i could as well.  He doesn't owe them anything.

This is coming from a packers fan who wishes this man the best. 

14 minutes ago, Kyle87 said:

Don't blame him, he wanted to play with Rodgers not Hundley.  The guy is in his final year and would probably like to win another game at the very least.  I would jump off the Hundley/McCarthy led packers as fast as i could as well.  He doesn't owe them anything.

This is coming from a packers fan who wishes this man the best. 

then just say you want out lol don't try to throw the team doc under the bus and bad mouth an organization just because things didn't go as you hoped they would 

3 hours ago, vthokie3 said:

then just say you want out lol don't try to throw the team doc under the bus and bad mouth an organization just because things didn't go as you hoped they would 

Maybe i missed something but when did he do any of that? 

2 hours ago, Kyle87 said:

Maybe i missed something but when did he do any of that? 

Yes, he really said some horrible things about dr McKenzie. Jordy Nelson came out and defended the dr too. 

Theres no way pat McKenzie does that. He is the most cautious dr out there and then to see jordys tweet makes you believe Marty b was full of crap all along. 

13 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

Yes, he really said some horrible things about dr McKenzie. Jordy Nelson came out and defended the dr too. 

Theres no way pat McKenzie does that. He is the most cautious dr out there and then to see jordys tweet makes you believe Marty b was full of crap all along. 

even without Jordy's defense its easy to tell Bennent was full of it. Says 3 doctors told him he needed surgery and he was going to have it. Yet as soon as he's waived he's practicing in NE. 

Edited by vthokie3

I mean, look at all the facts. 

Apparently hurts his shoulder. Says “almost every week I circled my shoulder as a problem”. Note that he says NOT EVERY. 

Then gets 3 opinions on it to get surgery and fix the problem. The packers release him a week after Rodgers goes down ( right move considering all his social media crap and when he said he wanted to retire after this year). 

Then he is picked up by the patriots. Which tell you right there he only wanted to play for a contender. Why would New England even bother if he said his shoulder truly was screwed up? I know his salary was low to them but they have their own team doctors as well. Was his shoulder truly hurt so bad he couldn’t play? I doubt it but he probably did fail to tell them. 

Now he’s on the practice field and is listed as questionable THIS WEEK!!!! 

He is truly lying all over the place here. I’m not sure what this clown wants to do. When he plays and gets hit after the first missed catch he receives from brady, we will all know the true Martellus Bennett. 

Edited by PackerBacker555

Regardless of his motivations, this is definitely an intriguing situation, because he was productive in this offense and not much has changed except an INCREASE in the need for his services. 

I agree he is pretty much a mental case like his brother but he is legitimately talented and could actually be worth something with this move.

4 hours ago, vthokie3 said:

Ok I stand corrected, that whole thing seems pretty sleazy.  Sounds like he just wanted out  (which i can't blame him for) then made up a bit of a story to make it sound like he isn't just championship chasing.  Just be honest about what you are doing at least.