NBC Sports Edge Forums

Willie Snead 2017 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, cnewbykkn said:

Fixed it for you.

They have faith in the fact that they are an efficient, power running game machine and actually have a decent defense. A much better formula for success than Brees chucking it 50 times a game at 38 years old.

Whoever predicted that the Saints were shifting to a run-based balanced approach with the acquisition of Peterson and upgrading the O-Line as well as defensive draft picks really nailed it.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

What a great argument.

David Johnson hurt his wrist while BEING ON THE FIELD and BEING PRODUCTIVE. He sprained / broke his wrist on a fluke play.

Willie Snead received a suspension for being an idiot off the field and had every reason to be motivated to be in shape and be healthy. He pulled a hamstring, a sign of bad conditioning and discipline. 

Back to the topic- let Snead be someone else's problem.

I think it's a reach to assume him being out of shape or undisciplined for a hamstring injury.

Totally agree with the off the field point you made though.

23 minutes ago, EmbargoLifted said:

Coming into the year, I had Snead pretty high on my WR rankings, even when including the missed suspension time. 

With Michael Thomas banged up, and Snead practicing/seemingly healthy ... Snead has to be a must add now right?

About 4 hours ago before all this news, he was a mass drop in all formats.

Now Thomas misses a Wednesday practice and Snead gets in his first full practice of the year...must add.

I hate fantasy football lol.

12 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

About 4 hours ago before all this news, he was a mass drop in all formats.

Now Thomas misses a Wednesday practice and Snead gets in his first full practice of the year...must add.

I hate fantasy football lol.

Snead was a mass drops in all formats? From who?

7 hours ago, shakestreet said:

The Corey Davis who has caught 7 passes his whole career?

Give me Snead all- day everyday  

He's my 5th wr I just wanted the potential upside of a top 5 rookie. 

The Willie Snead who has caught 1 pass his entire 2017 season?

Give me Davis-all day everyday

Edited by Kerbs
13 hours ago, chud12 said:

Seems like maybe Sneed came back a little too early as he was never fully healthy and sat last week to get to 100 percent. If Thomas is out giddy up, I will be starting him.

Ginn or Snead? That's a tough call tho. But if Thomas is limited as they say , i have a feeling Snead will break out.

17 hours ago, Neptune said:

Don't own snead, but any thoughts on Ginn's established role?

Ginn is the team's vertical threat. He has been forced to play in a higher volume role without snead. As snead gets healthier expect that to reduce. Saints play enough 3 wide anyway to make this not worth worrying about imo. 

I picked Snead back up but am staying away this week especially if Thomas is out. Thomas out and Snead suddenly over hamstring and back in seems to perfect to be good timing. I think they would be pushing Snead out there if Thomas is out whether Snead is ready or not.

15 hours ago, Kerbs said:

He's my 5th wr I just wanted the potential upside of a top 5 rookie. 

The Willie Snead who has caught 1 pass his entire 2017 season?

Give me Davis-all day everyday

Snead all day every day? What a joke. Snead couldn't hold Davis' jock. Let me know when Snead receives 10 targets in a game. And produces as a number one option in an offense.

This Saints game has run run run written all over it.

11 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Snead all day every day? What a joke. Snead couldn't hold Davis' jock. Let me know when Snead receives 10 targets in a game. And produces as a number one option in an offense.

Snead was targeted 11 times in both Weeks 5 & 13 last season, and Snead produced as the number one option in Week 1

Willie Snead 2016 Game Log

15 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

This Saints game has run run run written all over it.

Someone failed reading comprehension in grade school.

Just now, PlayTheWaivers said:

Glad I could point it out in my post. But hey, if you want to criticize, feel free. Any Snead insights?

So maybe edit it so it doesn't look like you are yelling at a guy who also has the exact same take as you?