• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, KingJoffrey said:

Relax he's Miguel Cabrera.

I don't own him in any leagues.  But man I'd love to buy low if I could.

He's Miguel Cabrera.

I rest my case.

I agree unless he is constantly hurt. Hard to pickup, let alone sustain production if you get injured very few weeks.

Side scares me a lot too. That has potential oblique injury as a concern.

I really hope injuries don't sap Miggy, or us baseball fans of watching this guy play.

Bigger guys like him don't always age well into their mid 30's so it's possible this is the end of him basically never missing any games.

Update - Grade 1 oblique strain for Miguel Cabrera, Brad Ausmus announced. Expected to miss 2-3 days.

Ruh oh

Edited by roadawg
11 minutes ago, roadawg said:

I really hope injuries don't sap Miggy, or us baseball fans of watching this guy play.

Bigger guys like him don't always age well into their mid 30's so it's possible this is the end of him basically never missing any games.

Update - Grade 1 oblique strain for Miguel Cabrera, Brad Ausmus announced. Expected to miss 2-3 days.

Ruh oh

He will come back and Mash.  Take that to the bank.

13 hours ago, KingJoffrey said:

Relax he's Miguel Cabrera.

I don't own him in any leagues.  But man I'd love to buy low if I could.

He's Miguel Cabrera.

I rest my case.

Grade 1 oblique strain. Mild.

That said, this attitude is ridiculous. Miggy is a fat piece of crap and he doesn't keep himself in shape at all. At his age, and the way he takes care of his body, there's no guarantee he's back to old form. 

11 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

That said, this attitude is ridiculous. Miggy is a fat piece of crap and he doesn't keep himself in shape at all. At his age, and the way he takes care of his body, there's no guarantee he's back to old form. 

The guy hit 316 with 38 HR last year and has only been on the DL two times in his career.  

Seriously, were back to the fat guy trash again? Go back and look at the photo I put up from last year a few pages back. 

It sucks that he's been hurt the last few years, no doubt. But man, how quick people turn on a guy. He's not 25 anymore. He's also not a fat cow

2 hours ago, vthunder said:

The guy hit 316 with 38 HR last year and has only been on the DL two times in his career.  

These fat shaming comments for Miggy will never cease to amaze me. He is a generational talent with an impeccable injury history, yet these guys just won't let it go.

3 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

This adds absolutely nothing to the conversation.

Everyone is aware of what Miguel Cabrera looks like.

Miggys played fewer than 145 games one time since his rookie year.  But yea, clearly he's a fat slob who can't take care of himself.

He should be more like Tulo.  That guy's skinny and plays every game.

I should feel really bad about myself for not having Miggy in the line-up tonight right?! Good excuse though, promise (Reynolds-1st/Lamb-UT) -- hoping he comes back and starts playing like the best hitter in baseball...starting tonight.

(...he did hit a HR in his first game off the DL earlier this month)

On 5/17/2017 at 11:10 PM, KingJoffrey said:

He will come back and Mash.  Take that to the bank.

He won't suck I will agree to that, but how quickly people forget other players who are built like him declined around this age.

Bigger guys in general don't age well and injuries can sap them of their skills, or just keep them off the field.

Perfect example of this is Pujols who is a very close comp to Miggy. Look at pujols numbers when he hit 33 yrs old. In case you don't want to look it up he hit 258 and since 2013 he hasn't been anywhere near his prime. Miggy is now 34 yrs old, chances are we've seen the best of him.

This isn't about fat shaming or whatever this thread is turning into. It's about historical trends of certain body types and how it all impacts their performance as they age.

Edited by roadawg
7 hours ago, roadawg said:

He won't suck I will agree to that, but how quickly people forget other players who are built like him declined around this age.

Bigger guys in general don't age well and injuries can sap them of their skills, or just keep them off the field.

Perfect example of this is Pujols who is a very close comp to Miggy. Look at pujols numbers when he hit 33 yrs old. In case you don't want to look it up he hit 258 and since 2013 he hasn't been anywhere near his prime. Miggy is now 34 yrs old, chances are we've seen the best of him.

This isn't about fat shaming or whatever this thread is turning into. It's about historical trends of certain body types and how it all impacts their performance as they age.

Don't overthink it.  Let Miguel Cabera have the non-injury related bad year before you blame his body type for it.

Pujols was injured in 2013 and was limited to 391AB and still went 49/17/64

2014-  89/28/105

2015 - 85/40/95

2016 - 71/31/119

different team then the Cardinals and foot problems would have more to do with his decline then body type.

Saying that Miggy is declining due to body type is looking for an excuse past an injury. All players decline with age even when healthy

3 hours ago, DConny1 said:

Everyone still think he will wake up? I see he's pulling the ball less this year than every other year. Father time?

I thought pulling more was the sign of old age... Look at Pujols these days, he operates entirely on baseball IQ and pulling the ball since he no longer has a lower half.

6 hours ago, DConny1 said:

Everyone still think he will wake up? I see he's pulling the ball less this year than every other year. Father time?

Wake up? He's 8/20 over the past week with a bomb. Do you want him to hit over .500? He's been hitting and will continue to hit as long as he's on the field. More counting stats will come.

Edited by bradwatson