Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kendall Wright Season Outlook 2017


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

 

Ewww..... Bortles may not be starting by game 6.  Heck, game 4.

 

 

Don't want to hijack this thread, but I totally acknowledge that (while I also think he's still way better than henne). I'm just saying bortles has proven to be a reliable source of yards and tds for his recievers. He gives them volume and he can move the offense. They may not be the most accurate passes, but he throws a lot of them. I'm not confidant of that in chicago with  glennon or trubisky. Chicago is a team that likes to run and will probably run even more with one of these 2 qbs behind center. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, grimsfield said:

Don't want to hijack this thread, but I totally acknowledge that (while I also think he's still way better than henne). I'm just saying bortles has proven to be a reliable source of yards and tds for his recievers. He gives them volume and he can move the offense. They may not be the most accurate passes, but he throws a lot of them. I'm not confidant of that in chicago with  glennon or trubisky. Chicago is a team that likes to run and will probably run even more with one of these 2 qbs behind center. 

Regardless, they're still going to need to throw 500 passes (least in NFL was 511 attempts last season).

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

 

Kevin White is doing alright so far.  Need to see more passes his way to get a good idea of how good he is.

He hasn't healed from his injuries. His speed and explosiveness has been sapped.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

He's a fantasy football writer,  He's really not much different than us talking about football on a forum.

I mean he gets paid to do it by Rotoworld whereas you don't. 

 

 

Seems like you own White, lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Folarin said:

I mean he gets paid to do it by Rotoworld whereas you don't. 

 

 

Seems like you own White, lol.

 

I own zero shares of White.  I'd just rather take the word from someone on the team or just more qualified people, like a doctor.  I don't mind Silva's input but he's certainly not the end all be all for NFL analysis.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

 

I own zero shares of White.  I'd just rather take the word from someone on the team or just more qualified people, like a doctor.  I don't mind Silva's input but he's certainly not the end all be all for NFL analysis.

I was paid to write for Scout.com as a draft analyst. My last year was the year White elected to go to the draft. I was a huge proponent of White at the time.

 

 

this isn't the same K-White. He has a history of lower body injuries that he doesn't look recovered from. Watch for yourself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Folarin said:

I was paid to write for Scout.com as a draft analyst. My last year was the year White elected to go to the draft. I was a huge proponent of White at the time.

 

 

this isn't the same K-White. He has a history of lower body injuries that he doesn't look recovered from. Watch for yourself.

 

Watch myself?  I'm not even saying he should be moved up in rankings.  All I've heard on White for two years is how great he can be or how he's injury prone or how he's slow now or that he's not healed.  How about we just wait and see what he is since we have absolutely no idea yet.  He's on my radar and that's about it right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

 

Watch myself?  I'm not even saying he should be moved up in rankings.  All I've heard on White for two years is how great he can be or how he's injury prone or how he's slow now or that he's not healed.  How about we just wait and see what he is since we have absolutely no idea yet.  He's on my radar and that's about it right now.

Fair enough. It's sad that his explosion is gone, but you can take wait and see approach. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, wendellrott said:

 

KW...this years Jeremy Kerley ?

 

I like that comparison. Do notice when comparing Kerley vs Wright on Football Reference, Kendall has consistently had a higher catch % (although Kerley has very good hands imo), and Wright has the higher past year performance. Each had their big year in year 2 of their careers, Wright just has that higher "past ceiling". I'm sort of hoping for this year's 2016 Thielen or better (even though i expect Thielen to improve slightly in 2017).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody who saw wright at Tennessee knows he is supremely talented. Would love to see him get consistent run in Chicago.

 

He was in fact, criminally underused in Tennessee, i think the coaching staff disliked him and its unfortunate cause despite the talent the coaches can and will limit your playing time if you have gotten in their doghouse for some reason.

Link to post
Share on other sites

wright is a talented player and has opportunity this year with meredith's injury...I don't think White is ready to be a top dog target-hog. Kinda like the flyer here, especially in PPR variants.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2017 at 11:17 PM, markrc99 said:

I came across this:

 

 

 

This. 

Combined with the fact that his catches came as third down conversion makes me very comfortable adding him in every league. That year he was used all over the formation and not just in the slot which should be expected this year, i would pass for now in standard but in PPR i'm in no doubt.  Kevin White will draw the attention of the best corner as "WR1".

Edit: his quote won't show but the fact that he had his best season to date under now Bears OC a few year ago. 

Edited by Finally Detroit Wins
Link to post
Share on other sites

As a Bears fan I love that they brought in Wright. He was a solid add. I think he can be a border line flex play with the injury to Cam. He is playing for the same offensive coordinator that he played for in Tennessee when he had his best season.

 

However, keep in mind that they paid Marcus Wheaton 6 million dollars to come here.  He was the 3rd on WR depth chart before Cam's injury. When Wheaton is back, you have to believe he will be the number 2 then. Marcus is more of the deep threat though.

 

I would add Wright if you have a spot to spare in any ppr league. But just factor Wheaton in when he comes back.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Trade Monster said:

As a Bears fan I love that they brought in Wright. He was a solid add. I think he can be a border line flex play with the injury to Cam. He is playing for the same offensive coordinator that he played for in Tennessee when he had his best season.

 

However, keep in mind that they paid Marcus Wheaton 6 million dollars to come here.  He was the 3rd on WR depth chart before Cam's injury. When Wheaton is back, you have to believe he will be the number 2 then. Marcus is more of the deep threat though.

 

I would add Wright if you have a spot to spare in any ppr league. But just factor Wheaton in when he comes back.

 

wright will play out the slot.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...