NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kendall Wright Season Outlook 2017

Just now, Trade Monster said:

I know. But the targets may decrease when Wheaton comes back. I hope not, but it is a possibility.

that's the thing about this team...we're talking about wheaton being a threat? Someone needs to catch balls here, white unproven and will have the ups and downs rookies (he basically is one) have. Zach miller will get a little love, but he isn't a target hog.

this isn't like an odell, jordy, mike evans, julio, etc kinda guy coming to eat targets. Wright is probably better than Wheaton anyways, true talent.

Not really worried about Wheaton, even when he comes back, slot passes are gonna still be slot passes, and there will probably be a ton of them. Just the talent on the outside next to Kevin White will be a little bit better, that's all.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, TomisTerrific said:

I can see Wright being a sneaky play week 1.

The Bears just lost their #1 and the season starts in a week so they'll stick to what they know. They play the Falcons so garbage time is also very much in play. 

I'm starting him week 1 actually...

over Hogan, Sammy Watkins, Burkhead. Just to give an idea of how much faith I have. (mods, I promise not bench coach, i'm not looking for advice). I'm just saying -- hell yeah, I believe.

7-77-1TD, 17.2 points in 0.5 PPR

The art of the third down and Mr (W)Right

Kendall Wright found a lot of early success on third down against the Titans. Let's break down the anatomy of his safety valve work.

https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2017/8/30/16228442/chicago-bears-kendall-wright-tennessee-titans-mike-glennon-third-down-preseason-nfl-2017

Edited by fawkes_mulder

Should be a PPR compiler, doubtful that he's scores much with this offense and the fact that he seems to be allergic to the endzone. Definitely worth a pick in the double digit rounds though, he has a a good chance to lead the Bears in every meaningful receiving category. 

This guy could be a nice PPR fill in or weekly matchup play. I personally think he is the better stash than White, only because I really believe the injuries have slowed him down a notch. Either way keeping him on your bench with a wait and see approach may be a good idea.

6 minutes ago, Pigskingpin said:

This guy could be a nice PPR fill in or weekly matchup play. I personally think he is the better stash than White, only because I really believe the injuries have slowed him down a notch. Either way keeping him on your bench with a wait and see approach may be a good idea.

Exactly. Thank you.

He's been a top-24 WR before (in 2013) and should get 100+ targets now.  A league winner if you can start him as your WR4 or WR5 and he puts up low-end WR2 numbers. 

Especially since the Bears are awful and will be throwing a lot more than many people think. 

I had meredith. Really on the fence between white and wright. I think wright is a fairly underrated wideout. He's had some good games in his career but always seemingly on run dominant teams and as a third or so option. Wheaton likely the guy down the field and white, somewhere in between short routes and the endZone guy. A shame he has had so many injuries.

1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

He's been a top-24 WR before (in 2013) and should get 100+ targets now.  A league winner if you can start him as your WR4 or WR5 and he puts up low-end WR2 numbers. 

Especially since the Bears are awful and will be throwing a lot more than many people think. 

I mean, that's not exactly a league winner, but it's a useful piece. 

If Kevin White is trash, so be it.  Kendall Wright was very frustrating to own in Tenessee the last few years even when he was the most targeted guy and they let him go.  Is he actually better now or do people just expect him to sudden?

Look at his game logs past few years. Sure there's a couple very nice games sprinkled here and there, but you probably didn't get many of them if you had him because he was usually subpar the week before and after and it's not like Glennon is a great QB. Seems like the upside is WR3, but probably a 4 o4 5 who you never feel good playing.

Convince me otherwise, I'm open to being brainwashed.... i accidentally drafted him when I wanted Kevin White in a deep league so I ended up with both guys. Going to see how this plays out. 

@brockpaperscissor I picked up Wright the day Merideth got hurt as we have a deep PPR league. I'll keep him rostered for a few weeks and see how it looks. He could become trade bait or a possible plug in during bye weeks. I could see him catching 80 passes, 900 yards. That Bears team will be passing a lot this season coming from behind. 

10 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

If Kevin White is trash, so be it.  Kendall Wright was very frustrating to own in Tenessee the last few years even when he was the most targeted guy and they let him go.  Is he actually better now or do people just expect him to sudden?

Look at his game logs past few years. Sure there's a couple very nice games sprinkled here and there, but you probably didn't get many of them if you had him because he was usually subpar the week before and after and it's not like Glennon is a great QB. Seems like the upside is WR3, but probably a 4 o4 5 who you never feel good playing.

Convince me otherwise, I'm open to being brainwashed.... i accidentally drafted him when I wanted Kevin White in a deep league so I ended up with both guys. Going to see how this plays out. 

http://ten.247sports.com/Bolt/Kendall-Wright-has-no-hard-feelings-toward-the-Titans-106361059

“What motivates me the most is I probably was the best receiver on the Titans roster last year and I was probably playing, like, 10 plays a game," he said, via Chris Emma of CBS Chicago. "But that’s how it goes."

"In his second season he caught 94 passes for 1,079 yards with two touchdowns while playing for current Bears offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains."

29 minutes ago, dogfightgiggle said:

http://ten.247sports.com/Bolt/Kendall-Wright-has-no-hard-feelings-toward-the-Titans-106361059

“What motivates me the most is I probably was the best receiver on the Titans roster last year and I was probably playing, like, 10 plays a game," he said, via Chris Emma of CBS Chicago. "But that’s how it goes."

"In his second season he caught 94 passes for 1,079 yards with two touchdowns while playing for current Bears offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains."

Problem is the year before he played plenty of snaps too and the same thing. 

Year - snaps, catches, targets

2012 - 56%, 64, 104

2013 - 75%, 94, 139

2014 - 69%, 57, 93

2015 - 49%, 36, 60

2016 - 29%, 29, 42

https://web.archive.org/web/20170311085535/http://www.espn.com/blog/tennessee-titans/post/_/id/21810/titans-top-targets-fared-worse-when-kendall-wright-was-on-the-field

What does it mean?  I have no idea.

2 minutes ago, dogfightgiggle said:

Year - snaps, catches, targets

2012 - 56%, 64, 104

2013 - 75%, 94, 139

2014 - 69%, 57, 93

2015 - 49%, 36, 60

2016 - 29%, 29, 42

https://web.archive.org/web/20170311085535/http://www.espn.com/blog/tennessee-titans/post/_/id/21810/titans-top-targets-fared-worse-when-kendall-wright-was-on-the-field

What does it mean?  I have no idea.

Since he's on a different team I don't think it means much of anything.

I am feeling some buzz about this guy.

He is arguably their WR1 or 1b with Meredith gone and White not doing much since his injuries.

Gamescript says they will be down a lot meaning lots of throws especially the easy dumpoff kind to slot guy.

They have an O-line that is good with a QB who like to check it down.

His OC is same he had in Tenn when he had 94 catches 1100+ yards receiving and he is available for free as a wr5.