NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kendall Wright Season Outlook 2017

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, CanaBuc said:

I am feeling some buzz about this guy.

He is arguably their WR1 or 1b with Meredith gone and White not doing much since his injuries.

Gamescript says they will be down a lot meaning lots of throws especially the easy dumpoff kind to slot guy.

They have an O-line that is good with a QB who like to check it down.

His OC is same he had in Tenn when he had 94 catches 1100+ yards receiving and he is available for free as a wr5.

Agree, except the part that Chicago will be playing from behind frequently.  Fangio's Ds are always good, regardless of the talent he has to work with.  The talent on this D is not bad either. 

I actually think in PPR he could be a good and reliable WR2-3. Not a WR stud or anything but a virtual lock for 7-10 targets a game out of the slot. He won't score many TDs which will cap his upside but for someone you basically got for free hard to complain much. 

8 minutes ago, mdw5048 said:

Wheaton out today... Wright could be the undreafted waiver darling of week 1 and beyond.

Wheaton playing or not has no effect on Kendall Wright.

KW is the only legitimate receiver the Bears have. He's going to be on the field and getting targets all season.

Just now, raidaz18 said:

Wheaton playing or not has no effect on Kendall Wright.

KW is the only legitimate receiver the Bears have. He's going to be on the field and getting targets all season.

They probably have to throw to more than one WR to actually have a viable offense this year

1 minute ago, owenmills said:

They probably have to throw to more than one WR to actually have a viable offense this year

White will get targets even though he sucks, Miller could put up some numbers like he did last year before getting hurt. Offensive line is beastly so Howard will run like last year and catch a few balls too.

KW will lead in targets easily it won't even be close.

I am flexing him in PPR this week (optimistically) as I feel that that this game gives him a good chance to succeed.

The game plan should line him up for plenty of targets in a game that the Bears could be trailing most of the time 

White is being covered by Trufant and could be considered questionable how healthy he actually is 

Wheaton is out

Preseason Wright and Glennon seemed to have a good connection

From what little I have seen Glennon is more of a slot receiver/check down type QB

Thinking this could be a big game for both Wright and Cohen

Edited by Jordan23
16 hours ago, raidaz18 said:

White will get targets even though he sucks, Miller could put up some numbers like he did last year before getting hurt. Offensive line is beastly so Howard will run like last year and catch a few balls too.

KW will lead in targets easily it won't even be close.

What do you project?

57 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Searched and couldn't find a thread. Thoughts here on Wright with White and Meredith done? Who else is catching balls in CHI?

u would think the bears would have to go to waivers or do a trade or bring up some practice squad guys. 

As of right now I'm staying clear of Chicago WR's, you have K.Wright,J.Bellamy,D.Thompson and M.Wheaton all four of this guys will be getting plenty of snaps for the next 2 weeks before they figure out who they trust the most but the next four weeks aren't looking good either

Week 2 @TB

Week 3 Pittsburgh

Week 4 @GB

Week 5 Minnesota

Edited by JrsKars
9 minutes ago, dashoe said:

u would think the bears would have to go to waivers or do a trade or bring up some practice squad guys. 

Tanner Gentry was brought up from the practice squad today. I believe he had a pretty strong training camp and pre-season in the slot.

1 minute ago, JrsKars said:

As of right now I'm staying clear of Chicago WR's, you have K.Wright,J.Bellamy,D.Thompson and M.Wheaton all four of this guys will be getting plenty of snaps for the next 2 weeks before they figure out who they trust the most

I agree.  I own Wright in my 14 teamer but don't feel at all good about it and I doubt I'll keep him on my roster for long.

The Bears are basically the Jet's of the NFC if you ask me....Really wouldn't want to start anybody with Glennon throwing passes.

I own Wright in a vast majority of my leagues. He's familiar with this offense, and he seems like a good PPR player. Dependable hands, not a whole hell of a lot else. 

This is going to turn into who Glennon gets the best chemistry with. If he never gets a flow going, every CHI WR will be total trash. 

Im hopeful Wright can be his chain mover. 

9 hours ago, JrsKars said:

As of right now I'm staying clear of Chicago WR's, you have K.Wright,J.Bellamy,D.Thompson and M.Wheaton all four of this guys will be getting plenty of snaps for the next 2 weeks before they figure out who they trust the most but the next four weeks aren't looking good either

Week 2 @TB

Week 3 Pittsburgh

Week 4 @GB

Week 5 Minnesota

"Mitch is Our QB" by week 4

I just picked him up in a dynasty league dropping Robby Anderson.  My hope for Wright is a floor as a serviceable bye week filler and a ceiling as a possible injury replacement.  He'll be at the end of my bench till he proves himself, but any teams WR1 isn't a bad flier.  

5 minutes ago, jeffnsee said:

Solid week for Wright with 7 catches for 69 yds. He's not gonna win you any weeks, but you could do worse for your WR5.

My thinking as well. Nice bye week plug in for PPR.

Edited by cousinal111
  • 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Sean Tambo said:

Wright is worth a wavier. He could see 10-12+ plus targets with Trubisky.

Its almost by default with the options Trubisky has 

It's a deep dive for sure, given how little Wright has done so far, but this is my guess too.  

As I have posted elsewhere, I am a big Trubisky fan, even though I have no ties whatsoever to Chicago or the Bears.  I believe he was grossly underappreciated by the media simply because his game tape library wasn't extensive.  What was there though was as good as I have seen from a QB prospect in recent years.

If he's as good as I think he is, he and Wright could easily come out of nowhere to be the next hot WW commodities.  In deep leagues, I'm rostering Wright for the immediate future until my theory is validated or debunked.  

Edited by Rolling Thunder