NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Rex Burkhead 2017 Outlook

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

Anybody have a snap count from the last game?  He and White are pretty much the passing down backs, no?  So who plays when they're behind, Rex or White?  Then the whole Dion thing is still there, too.

Lewis 30/86

Develin 29

Burkhead 28

White 20

Gillislee 13

Just now, Tugginroot said:

I wonder how/if White has fallen out of favor, or is this just BB being BB from game to game.

I think BB being BB, could also have something to do with the Hogan injury although Hogan played 75/86 snaps so the injury must have happened late, so probably BB being BB.

10 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

I wonder how/if White has fallen out of favor, or is this just BB being BB from game to game.

Don't think White has fallen out of favor. He has to must defined role and I'm pretty sure they resigned him. White would see more snaps in catch up/2min mode I believe.

Edited by giveup813

30 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

He’s floating out there in most of my leagues... gut feeling on him for at least this week with Hogan likely out. Denver pass rush will force Brady to get the ball out of his hands quickly...

to White.  Or Dion Lewis.  or maybe Rex on the occasion he happens to be the one in the backfield.

That is the problem.

16 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

Sell high?

Maybe you can use him as a throw in as part of some two for one deal but I doubt you will find many people who are willing to give up something of value for him. Nobody trusts a Pats RB to begin with. You might as well just stash as a solid bench piece with the possibility of becoming a solid flex play. 

5 minutes ago, Random Dude said:

Maybe you can use him as a throw in as part of some two for one deal but I doubt you will find many people who are willing to give up something of value for him. Nobody trusts a Pats RB to begin with. You might as well just stash as a solid bench piece with the possibility of becoming a solid flex play. 

Thanks, Bill!

Vital cog in the Pats offense.  Should be rostered in 12 man leagues.  Dude is going to get his every single game.  4-5 pass targets per game plus 8 carries.   I'll feed on that any day of the week when you know some of those will come in the red zone.  Buy all day long.  Bro runs like a beast and my boy Beli loves that 'ish

The emergence of Rex allowed them to make Gillislee inactive.

"Bill Belichick was interested in Rex Burkhead before end of 2016 season"

That article was the reason I drafted Rex in my 12 team standard league.  They use him in the red zone.  They use him in the slot.  They use him as a pass catcher.  They use him on special teams.  He had a block punt last night and you know Bill will love that.  He has caught two red zone TDs from Brady this year.  On a high powered offense.  RB2 in PPR.  Low end RB2/flex in standard.  But his ceiling is massive.  Last night vs Denver Rex almost had a 2nd TD but he was held and drew a defensive holding penalty.

Edited by JediMasters

10 minutes ago, JediMasters said:

Let me put this out there.  The emergence of Rex allowed them to make Gillislee inactive.  They use him in the red zone.  They use him in the slot.  They use him as a pass catcher.  They use him on special teams.  He had a block punt last night and you know Bill will love that.  He has caught two red zone TDs from Brady this year.  On a high powered offense.  RB2 in PPR.  Low end RB2/flex in standard.  But his ceiling is massive.  Last night vs Denver Rex almost had a 2nd TD but he was held and drew a defensive holding penalty.

Hogan was out too, kind of feel like thats what led to more playing time.

Edited by CABLE87