NBC Sports Edge Forums

1 minute ago, championship or bust said:

yeah but gronk didnt have a good game?

ping pong back and forth.

Dwayne Allen had two freaking goal line targets one of which was a TD.  Those usually go to Gronk and they will.  My point is Rex' emergence is not at the expense of their other stars.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, you guys are all wondering about "defined roles", but the truth is that Belichick is aiming for more versatility on a consistent basis and so these RBs are as interchangeable as possible.  He wants them to all be able to function as pass-catchers, ala Shane Vereen, James White, now Burkhead, and Dion Lewis.  This way they aren't hinting run or pass.

Edited by Robrain

He's versatile. Bill LOVES versatile players. I don't think there was a situation I didn't see him in there on. Gillislee only does early downs. White only does passing downs. Dion does a little of both. Rex was in there on early downs, passing downs, and on special teams. I wouldn't be surprised if Bill had him return a kick at some point. 

2 minutes ago, gimme the ball said:

He's versatile. Bill LOVES versatile players. I don't think there was a situation I didn't see him in there on. Gillislee only does early downs. White only does passing downs. Dion does a little of both. Rex was in there on early downs, passing downs, and on special teams. I wouldn't be surprised if Bill had him return a kick at some point. 

God I hope not but then again, he had Dion Lewis on kick offs.

I could see him developing into a high-floor, low-ceiling guy based on the fact the only Patriot likely to see the end zone twice in one game is Gronk (maybe Hogan, when healthy). The backfield looks capped due to the fact they basically rotate RBs in the red zone at random (and it actually works). Not to mention Lewis gets as much work between the 20s.

Burkhead has certainly made hay with his touches, but so have Lewis and White.

Edited by LongBalls
9 hours ago, Robrain said:

BTW, you guys are all wondering about "defined roles", but the truth is that Belichick is aiming for more versatility on a consistent basis and so these RBs are as interchangeable as possible.  He wants them to all be able to function as pass-catchers, ala Shane Vereen, James White, now Burkhead, and Dion Lewis.  This way they aren't hinting run or pass.

Lewis has been phased out of receiving duties. Has 10 catches in 9 games.

I think Rex is probably the best waiver wire RB left out there.

He's trending in the right direction. He's versatile. Yes, he's a Belichick back, but perhaps it's finally time to take the plunge (again)? 

9 minutes ago, CooL said:

I think Rex is probably the best waiver wire RB left out there.

He's trending in the right direction. He's versatile. Yes, he's a Belichick back, but perhaps it's finally time to take the plunge (again)? 

Agree, I think he's worth the add in all leagues.

40 minutes ago, mortman212 said:

I think this is the RB to own, he is replacing White as the best receiving RB the problem with White is he can't run the ball and teams know that, Rex and do it all if he gets 30 snaps and 10-15 touches he is solid.

Judging by the stat line he got a lot of passing work, pretty much the same running work as lewis, lewis had more points cause of the  kickoff return/punt return not sure which it was cause i didnt watch the game. I think ppr i might go with burkhead over lewis, also they got miami and buffalo the next few weeks

Edited by CABLE87

We need a term for this. The fantasy “bends”?

Vincent Jackson-itis

Here’s how it goes:

1. He scores big.

2. He’s on your bench.

3. You chase those points and play him the next week.

4. He lays a fat dud.

5. You bench him.

6. He scores big.

Enjoy. It’s hell.

2 minutes ago, Woonga24 said:

If they were planning to completely phase out Gilislee...I wonder why they didn't just trade him?

Me too. I'm just conflicted about how aggressive to bid. 

At the moment I'm thinking 35-40% of FAAB, which I imagine is far higher than most here would be comfortable with.

1 hour ago, Woonga24 said:

If they were planning to completely phase out Gilislee...I wonder why they didn't just trade him?

i almost think the scratch was because of Bennett.  they wanted to get him into the game.  think it has less to do with phasing anyone out, Gilly is still a part of the game plan just lower on the list.  wouldn't surprise me if he is back in this week and Allen is a healthy scratch to make some room for Bennett

I honestly don't understand Gillislee's appeal to Bill aside from a late-game bruiser to burn clock when there's a big lead. Aside from that, he's pretty worthless, at least now that you have an every-down back in Rex. When they bring Gillislee in, you know they're running, or at least I've very RARELY seen them throw a ball to him. I think he's clock-killer material at this point.