NBC Sports Edge Forums

1 hour ago, gimme the ball said:

I honestly don't understand Gillislee's appeal to Bill aside from a late-game bruiser to burn clock when there's a big lead. Aside from that, he's pretty worthless, at least now that you have an every-down back in Rex. When they bring Gillislee in, you know they're running, or at least I've very RARELY seen them throw a ball to him. I think he's clock-killer material at this point. 

I mean he has the same appeal Blount did I guess.  Maybe Bill thought he was getting Blount light with Gills but it never really worked out. 

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole Patriot mentality is to have a deep bench at RB.  They have had multiple seasons that just went to hell because they lost too many RBs.  When Brandon Bolden is your starting running back, you are in trouble.  I wouldn't read into anything about Gilly doing anything wrong - it's the hot hand and fresh legs approach.  We are seeing a reduction of White's role in the offense too - absolutely nothing wrong with what he is doing on the field.   Burkhead is beasting out at the moment, catch the lightning in the bottle baby. 

Neon Dion - Burkhead show baybeeee!

6 hours ago, Queequeg said:

Me too. I'm just conflicted about how aggressive to bid. 

At the moment I'm thinking 35-40% of FAAB, which I imagine is far higher than most here would be comfortable with.

FWIW, Football guys recommended 20-40% on their weekly waiver wire show 

1 hour ago, Sonny_D said:

Well, expect Gilly to go off this week. 

would not surprise me at all ... if bill decides the way to attack oakland is by pounding it between the tackles ... 

gilly could've very well been inactive because of the matchup - no point in trying to force it down Denver's throat ... IF gilly is inactive again - Burkhead is a must start 

The Patriots backfield is more predictable than it has ever been since the Corey Dillon and Curtis Martin days.  Maybe it is cause I am a Pats fan and basically analyze their every move (I've watched the condense version of last year's Super Bowl over 5 times  :) ).  

With Hogan limping his way back, Edelman out, Amendola dealing with something, Dorsett dealing with something, Mitchell out, and Cooks being the only wideout - the Pats are evolving what the NFL offense looks like, once again.  There are more top tier cornerbacks playing on every single team than every before.  I'm assuming a lot of folks went Zero-RB and they are feeling it because the top WRs just aren't balling like they use too.  Game is evolved.  Brady, McDaniels, and BB are always on top of it.  

Pats are getting back to fully involving the RB position in all facets of the game.  Out of every single RB on the team, Gilly is the least of my worries as a Neon Dion owner.  

Burkhead is a stellar pickup and a must start imo.  

Lot of people getting sucked into Burkhead.

The gameplan called for it last week. You don't attack Denver on the perimeter. You attack them in the middle. Thus, Burkhead.

Think he'll be a decent flex, but NE can attack the OAK D anywhere it pleases. Doubt they'll have to get clever with Burkhead out of the slot. Could be as simple as "Cooks go deep" or "Gronk I'll hit you over the middle."

Secondary options may not be necessary this week.

I claimed this guy if only to avoid him damaging me this week or in the playoffs. 

I will not feel confident starting him, ever. And I’m forced to start one of Martin/ Drake/Morris every week. 

I like anxiety so i figured hey let’s toss Rex into the mix!

Probably with amendola injury concerns combined with Hogan injury bulkhead is in the line up and game plan. Not sure he sticks once Hogan comes back. They may need more on first down and you will see gillislee back. But it was nice to see bulkhead get a few short yardage pick ups for first downs. To me it is a fifty fifty coin flip because of how they like to game plan against certain opponents. There is no doubt they are burdening the wars less when they go to back and te and run downhill. As long as Hogan is out bulkhead is a good play. Once Hogan is healthy I think it becomes risky. Just my opinion as a pats fan.

I was also looking at him as a spot start while Hogan is out because the Pats basically have no WRs outside of gimpy Amendola and Cooks. It will be interesting to see how the RBs are used when everyone is healthy. I'd think Hogan's return will probably hurt everyone.

Drafted him in round 9 and let this go earlier in the season for greener pastures getting more tick. 

He's for sale in my league for a pick round 8-10 next year.

Maybe it's worth it, can't decide. 

@ Miami 

@Pitt 

Buffalo 

Weeks 14-16 

Not the most appealing schedule. 

4 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Drafted him in round 9 and let this go earlier in the season for greener pastures getting more tick. 

@ Miami 

@Pitt 

Buffalo 

Weeks 14-16 

Depends how desperate you are. My thoughts are you can't trust new England rb play much. It is a real pain in the arse... And I am pats fan and can't predict. My guess is you could save that pick if you aren't desperate and let someone else have a headache to worry over.

Bellichex is a gameman... hence benching gillislee and then running down the middle and employing heavy rb and te pass play with a road grader mentality against denver. Unpredictable is his middle name.

Edited by PizzaBeerFF
Spelling mistakes
16 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

@ Miami 

@Pitt 

Buffalo 

Weeks 14-16 

I hope this was sarcasm

37 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Depends how desperate you are. My thoughts are you can't trust new England rb play much. It is a real pain in the arse... And I am pats fan and can't predict. My guess is you could save that pick if you aren't desperate and let someone else have a headache to worry over.

I've got Kamara, Drake, Henry, Cohen, Collins 

Rolling Kamara and Drake and running three wides.

Would I just start rolling Burkhead out there each week, unlikely. Just a depth piece in case of injury. 

I knew this would bear fruit, I just couldn't afford to hold anymore at 1-4. Things have changed. 5-5 now and rolling. 

I'll say this, Burkhead can do it all and he keeps his head down and works. 

Number one trait coaches look for in a back above all is dependability. 

Is he super dependable? 

If he is, maybe he's worth an add for the run but rolling him out there week 14 over Cooper, Shepherd, or JuJu in the flex would be scary. 

10 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

I've got Kamara, Drake, Henry, Cohen, Collins 

Rolling Kamara and Drake and running three wides.

Would I just start rolling Burkhead out there each week, unlikely. Just a depth piece in case of injury. 

I knew this would bear fruit, I just couldn't afford to hold anymore at 1-4. Things have changed. 5-5 now and rolling. 

I'll say this, Burkhead can do it all and he keeps his head down and works. 

Number one trait coaches look for in a back above all is dependability. 

Is he super dependable? 

If he is, maybe he's worth an add for the run but rolling him out there week 14 over Cooper, Shepherd, or JuJu in the flex would be scary. 

Seems like dynasty given the youth of roster. I doubt you are desperate in dynasty. Roll with juju. But I will say this bulkhead is outstanding. I am a pats fan and I am very happy. However, I look at this last game and they are resting starters. I hope bulkhead has a big role going forward, but I also believe the coaching staff has a ton of faith in gillislee, white, Lee is, and Bolden. You have a lot of talent, so go for it. But I wouldn't overpay. After next week you will probably see a different scenario in my opinion. It will be flares and flashes for all the new England r bs. Just my opinion.