NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Rex Burkhead 2017 Outlook

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Week16 said:

For those that watched the game, was Burk the redzone guy for this game or did he happen to just break off 2 good TD runs? Looking at the last 6 games it seems like BB trusts Dion as the main guy but Burky now has 4 tds in 2 games. Luck or situation?

Dion gets gassed as he takes the ball from midfield to within the 10, at which point Burkhead comes in and gets all the glory with a TD.

Been starting both Lewis and Burk but I sat Burk this weekend. I'm scared of regression for next week but I don't see how Rex stops being the guy. He's getting all of the red zone opportunities and passing down work.

For Lewis and Burkhead owners its probably best to cut ties from other players to get both of them in your lineup. There is too much upside to bench either of them at this point.

If you watched Burkhead's usage since he's been back, you knew this was coming.  Belichick loves multi-purpose players and RB can pass block, catch passes, and run between the tackles so the play isn't clear before the snap.  James White, on the other hand, is a clear pass tell and he isn't as good of a pass blocker.  Great weeks ahead.  Gronk will likely be out next week so I would expect even more passing usage. 

Who would you rather own at this point?

Burkhead or Lewis? Is this a time share at this point? Both players accounted for 28 snaps yesterday. 

Do we know that Burkhead is the for sure goal line back, or is it more of a situational thing since Dion seems to get them into the red zone with the right plays?

2 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Burkhead or Lewis? Is this a time share at this point? Both players accounted for 28 snaps yesterday. 

Do we know that Burkhead is the for sure goal line back, or is it more of a situational thing since Dion seems to get them into the red zone with the right plays?

To my knowledge, Burkhead has served as the goal line back each of the past two weeks. He's performed extremely well in that capacity so theres no reason to think he won't get these looks going forward.

24 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

To my knowledge, Burkhead has served as the goal line back each of the past two weeks. He's performed extremely well in that capacity so theres no reason to think he won't get these looks going forward.

Figures to have even more looks in week 14 with no red-zone target hog, Gronk.  Starting him over Dion Lewis this week.

Edited by ap0calypse

3 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Lewis was used between the 20's and Rex was used at the goal-line. It was clear as day. Could Belichick change that next week? OF COURSE, it's freaking Bill. But that's been the pattern these past two weeks, and it makes total sense. Rex is big enough to be a regular runner at the goal-line, and Tom also likes having the flexibility to send him out wide like he did on that TD last week. With this offense, and the opportunities, and his usage, I like where I'm at. Dion Lewis is gonna get his as well, though, he's gonna rack up massive yardage, and always has the potential to take one to the house. 

But I'd rather have Rex. The TD potentials are just so big. All you need is 1 and you're already at 6-7 points, and that's not counting his 30-40 yards he'll give you.

10 hours ago, Lord_Varys said:

I have never enjoyed owning a person whose initials are the same as the position they play this much since owning Tyler Eifert in 2015.

Rex is King!

I'm sold. That kind of juju is just what my team needs. 

Half-jokes aside, Burkhead's got 5 TDs in the last 4 games and is averaging 64 yards from scrimmage on 13 touches in that span. By comparison, Kareem Hunt is averaging 57 yards from scrimmage on 15 touches with no TDs in that same span. 

Am I crazy to start Burkhead over Hunt this week? Burkhead's got a nice matchup with Miami while Hunt has a decent matchup with Oakland, but obviously the New England offense is a well oiled machine that's gonna score TDs – we just don't know who's gonna eat – while KC has been struggling to score up until this last week. 

Anyone who's been keeping a closer eye on this know if Burkhead is trending towards stealing more work from Lewis? Gronk being suspended also has to help right?