NBC Sports Edge Forums

7 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Dion Lewis missed some practice with an illness.  He did return today tho, but just take it as it is

If the game was on Sunday I'd be more hopeful that Lewis sits and Burkhead eats. But alas, with a Monday game, I think Lewis is gonna be fine by then. :/

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got me what I needed to fade Brady and move on to the next round, but I didn't see him on the field for the 2nd half, or if he was he didnt get a single touch.  A bit concerning moving forward since I wanted to ride this guy to the 'ship.

57 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

I hope this was the reason!

This is almost certainly what happened. White has been the hurry up back and they were in hurry up the entire second half. Hopefully Belicheck watched the tape and realizes that they might have had a better chance had they stayed with what was working. 

I am worried that the Pats might be playing from behind again next week, although the Steelers defense is having their own issues. Could be a shootout... You just have to hope that Burkhead is involved. 

On 12/10/2017 at 12:47 AM, mjb said:

Must start territory.

2 hours ago, Root4Redbirds said:

No idea why Pats didn't use him.  He was only one making plays 1st half.  Poor play calling.  For some reason they wanted to use Lewis more tonight.  White seemed to be the hurry up back.  

1 hour ago, CooL said:

I'm wondering what happened to him as well.  Did he get injured?  Benched?

Image result for runyon canyon park

hope you all survived, fellas

2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Image result for runyon canyon park

hope you all survived, fellas

He had 53 yards and a score. 5 catches too if you play in PPR. Pretty sure if anyone didn't survive their matchup this week, it certainly wasn't Rex's fault. 

1 minute ago, furbz420 said:

He had 53 yards and a score. 5 catches too if you play in PPR. Pretty sure if anyone didn't survive their matchup this week, it certainly wasn't Rex's fault. 

yeah, no questioning the stats compiled - just noting the second half Houdini 

2 hours ago, furbz420 said:

2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

yeah, no questioning the stats compiled - just noting the second half Houdini 

3 minutes ago, DonnieAvery17 said:

Needed 2 yards in the 2nd half from Burkhead.  Got 1.  

- case closed.

The points were great....the usage was perplexing. Timeshares aren’t necessarily concerning these days....unless they involve:

1) THREE backs

2)  three PATRIOTS backs

place me in the “not sure what to do” crown headed into the semis 

Edited by Joe Odam

Gonna be fun having to decide between him or Mike Davis (if hes healthy) in such a crucial matchup. Thankfully he did damage in the 1st half but man it's got me a little worried that a repeat of what happened last night's second half could happen just like that again regardless of how well he's playing

The man has 5 touchdowns in 3 weeks. He has been absolutely dominating the pats red zone touches. On the play where white caught a TD, Rex was also in but the play went to white. 

how you can bench the Patriots main TD scorer with a potential

shootout with the Steelers on the horizon is beyond me. 

Negative nancy's are overreacting to bizarre game script that limited the entire Pats offense. If you were watching, Dion Lewis didn't get many 2nd half touches either. People are seriously worried about James white? The touch distribution last night was Lewis 10, Burk 10, White 3. Go ahead and bench him, because you don't deserve Rex in your lineup.

Cant fault him, he did what is expected from RB2, probably most frustrating was a couple of the goal line plays were not necessarily "hurry up" the Amendola score/not score the time to review, could have put Rex in to be goal line back as he has been for the last month.  Him not scoring at all in 2nd half and Landry scoring twice resulted in 4 point loss.  Both of us were the highest scoring teams all week, so sucked one of us had to lose.  When Rex scored first TD, I thought I was ok...guess not. 

Owners who are nervous can’t be faulted one bit. Yes he’s been brilliant. Yes he may continue being brilliant. But this....is....the...Patriots.  You’re ignorant if that doesn’t give you at least a moment of pause when he goes MIA for an entire half leading into your semifinal week. It’s not the touches. It’s the snaps. If the game script turns negative next week (and it very easily could).... there may be a floor game looming.  It’s NOT a set and forget by any means if you have other options 

3 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

Owners who are nervous can’t be faulted one bit. Yes he’s been brilliant. Yes he may continue being brilliant. But this....is....the...Patriots.  You’re ignorant if that doesn’t give you at least a moment of pause when he goes MIA for an entire half leading into your semifinal week. It’s not the touches. It’s the snaps. If the game script turns negative next week (and it very easily could).... there may be a floor game looming.  It’s NOT a set and forget by any means if you have other options 

I think you’re underestimating the importance of Gronk to this offense. Also, the Pats looked totally non-interested last night. Probably looking forward to next week. Add the fact that the Steelers just gave up 38 to the Ravens and I can guarantee you this won’t be a negative game script. 

Personally, I think the Steelers are overrated. I fully expect the Pats to control this game and I think this becomes one of those Burk/Gronk games.