NBC Sports Edge Forums

Masahiro Tanaka 2017 Outlook

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very encouraged with the way Tanaka is starting to come around. Also very pleased to see him hitting 93-94 with the fastball. I think he's primed to go on a good run from here on out. The looming opt out in his contract still has me thinking he's in for a great year. 

is this seriously a joke?  like did you guys get together to prank me?  i just got back from the bar...watching yanks beat the sox and none of you commented on this thread?

@absknicks as well as other yankees fans

Tanaka just threw a masterful gem....like...a gem of gems. He out dueled Chris Sale, arguably the second  best pitcher in baseball. 

3 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

you are not a fan of baseball

It's always entertaining to watch a good pitcher do his thing but there were 36 CGSO last year. Sometimes good offenses go cold. I mean kudos to Tanaka for a game well pitched against a division rival but it's not like he did anything worth an explosion of comments. 

Just now, BleedRedsRed said:

It's always entertaining to watch a good pitcher do his thing but there were 36 CGSO last year. Sometimes good offenses go cold. I mean kudos to Tanaka for a game well pitched against a division rival but it's not like he did anything worth an explosion of comments. 

That's not a high number... at all. Tanaka was awesome tonight. Pitching a CGSO is always commendable, especially at Fenway, even if the Sox are slumping right now. 

3 minutes ago, BleedRedsRed said:

i do agree with you

but sometimes good offenses go cold because good pitchers freeze them.  tanaka is coming off a 200 innings year with a 3 era an a sub 1 whip.  its not a coincidence....he just doesnt K a ton of guys....is he an ace??? doubtful....but a stud 2/3.....ya probably

Edited by jfazz23

Cheers Tanaka owners - QS and 6 Ks tonight in 7. He'll even get a win. 

I did not want to start him tonight but he fought through his own defense's incompetence and got the job done. Quality start - quality pitcher.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Masahiro Tanaka 2017 Outlook