NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ezekiel Elliott 2017 Season Outlook

11 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

I could be wrong, but I'm guessing we see more "break" than "bend" in 2017 from this D.  If so, the O won't be in a position to "protect" anything.  The O will be in track meets repeatedly.   Very different reality in 2017 compared to last season.

By protect I mean ball control and try to play keep away, not protect leads necessarily.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

By protect I mean ball control and try to play keep away, not protect leads necessarily.

Yes, that was clear from your posts.  I'm saying there will be few, if any, leads for the O to protect.  This O will be "chasing points," as in playing from behind more often than not.  Trying to control tempo with a run game loses its appeal when you're behind.  Zeke becoming a 3 down back is really important to his value in 2017 IMO.

Edited by Rolling Thunder
1 minute ago, Rolling Thunder said:

Yes, that was clear from your posts.  I'm saying there will be few, if any, leads for the O to protect.  This O will be "chasing points," as in playing from behind more often than not.  Trying to control tempo with a run game loses its appeal when you're behind.

Good thing Zeke can catch then.   ;)

1 hour ago, RMJ_12 said:

Is anyone worried about him getting into trouble mid-season?  Seems to be a pattern here.

I think I'm more worried about him getting into trouble in the offseason.  

22 minutes ago, NYR Fan 116894 said:

it's going to be fairly easy to determine that something happened to this woman in her four days of being with Zeke."

it will be interesting to see if the league can string together the 5 alleged incidents bc the police investigation sure couldn't. That is why there were no arrest and no charges filed in this case.  Everything from the accuser's stories, to the witness accounts have never added up, so both sides here have been a bit all over the place.   Carter may have an inside edge with his ear to the ground on this one with the NFL, but "fairly easy to determine something happened to this woman" sure is an open ended statement that basically brings it all back to square 1.  From the very beginning its always seemed as if "something happened to this woman". The question is, was that something caused by Zeke and is there proof of it?  or is this a money hungry X GF seeking money on her way out?  As i have said before, the league better come forward with some really hard proof here, well beyond what the initial police investigation uncovered.  On the surface, as of right now, there isn't nearly enough IMO to suspend Zeke, or to file this under mis conduct.  Allegations towards any person are just that until proven true.  I hope the league holds to that.  If Zeke is proven 100 to have been the source of the DV here, i'd have zero hesitancy to support a six game ban under the league rules. 

If they can't prove it but yet still suspend Zeke for a significant amount of time, its simply a witch hunt to try and cover their butts for how they have failed to handle proven DV cases in the past.  

No matter what, i think what bothers me the most here is the time frame of it all.  Its ridiculous that they haven't announced what will happen with Zeke by now.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/07/league-office-apparently-leaks-details-of-looming-ezekiel-elliott-suspension/

Two years ago, someone at 345 Park Avenue leaked to Stephen A. Smith of ESPN the notion that Patriots quarterback Tom Brady had destroyed his cell phone in connection with the #Deflategate investigation. Within a day of the leak, Brady was suspended four games due in part to the allegation that he’d destroyed his cell phone.

Now, it seems like someone at 345 Park Avenue has leaked to Cris Carter of FS1 the notion that Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott is about to be suspended, with some eye-opening details.

Via Ryan Glasspiegel of TheBigLead.com, Carter said on FS1’s Undisputed that “in the next 48 hours I would be shocked if Zeke was not suspended.” Carter added that, “based on the information that’s going to come out, it’s going to be fairly easy to determine that something happened to this woman in her four days of being with Zeke.” (The specific allegation is that Elliott committed five acts of domestic violence in a six-day window.)

Carter described the situation as a case of “assault or domestic violence,” and Carter hinted that “when the information comes out there’s going to be some similarities” to Tom Brady’s suspension, including “information that he had been advised possibly to give up, that was destroyed.”

Wow - that's very irresponsible of Carter, asserting that Zeke unequivocally committed either an assault or domestic violence. If it's so clear why were there no criminal charges? If it's so clear why is the NFL delaying so? Carter had better be right or that's pure unadulterated 100% grade A slander.

26 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

Wow - that's very irresponsible of Carter, asserting that Zeke unequivocally committed either an assault or domestic violence. If it's so clear why were there no criminal charges? If it's so clear why is the NFL delaying so? Carter had better be right or that's pure unadulterated 100% grade A slander.

"It’s nevertheless odd that the league office would see fit to hand such sensitive information regarding crime and punishment to a player who once urged rookies to arrange for a fall guy."

I agree TimeX,  this last line of the article was my favorite and he better hope his ear is to the ground on this one. Maybe he can find Zeke a fall guy? ;) 

14 hours ago, NYR Fan 116894 said:

Either Carter is talking out of his *** or he knows something. "Because based on the information that's going to come out, it's going to be fairly easy to determine that something happened to this woman in her four days of being with Zeke."

Has there ever been a time in the history of Cris Carter's life when he wasn't talking out of his asterisks?  Not that this means he is wrong, just saying.

4 hours ago, crusoe said:

Has there ever been a time in the history of Cris Carter's life when he wasn't talking out of his asterisks?  Not that this means he is wrong, just saying.

but remember, its "UNDISPUTED!!!!!"   as they say on the commercial.  Cris has a swinging chance of being correct i figure, but its always hard to take any of these blow hards seriously, esp if you're sitting next to BS rating headline grabbing Skip Worthless.

Those with top 3 draft picks are crossing all their fingers and toes tonight.

If it's 2 games, I don't think he falls at all.

if it's 4 games, then what?  Bottom first or early second would be my guess.

7 minutes ago, MillenWasmyFavorite said:

Even if it is four games, him dropping far enough where someone could roll out ANTONIO BROWN and ZEKE week 5 would be pretty painful. 

I just can't see that happening.  Even if it's 4 games I'd be surprised if he fell out of the first round. 

8 minutes ago, MillenWasmyFavorite said:

Even if it is four games, him dropping far enough where someone could roll out ANTONIO BROWN and ZEKE week 5 would be pretty painful. 

ha zeke isnt going to make it back to late 2nd in any league im in if its 4 games

9 minutes ago, MillenWasmyFavorite said:

Maybe in 4 team leagues yeah :P

There is no one in hell in typical leagues are people going to let Zeke drop to the back end of the 2nd though

• phatrat locked and unlocked this topic
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic
  • phatrat locked and unlocked this topic