Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ezekiel Elliott 2017 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's plenty of precedent for a reduction. I can name probably 8 players in the past few years that have had their suspensions reduced, some even to just a fine. I think there's a strong case for it since no charges were actually filed. 

Edited by pennstateugk
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

Reduction just doesn't even seem possible, you're either guilty or you're not... A reduction doesn't identify anything as all it does is say well you're kinda guilty but we really don't know so here's only 2 games, there's no way that happens. 

 

Yup, a bunch of BS from the NFL.  What's the point of setting a 6 game minimum suspension on DV incidents when you wont even enforce it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Savatage79 said:

Reduction just doesn't even seem possible, you're either guilty or you're not... A reduction doesn't identify anything as all it does is say well you're kinda guilty but we really don't know so here's only 2 games, there's no way that happens. 

 

Correct.  It's zero or it goes to the courts with a very direct path to challenge that Goodell may have power to discipline as he sees fit, but he was given incorrect / incomplete information based on excluding Kia Roberts recommendation of no suspension and Friel (a big NYG fan, mind you <_<) not allowing Kia to attend the disciplinary meeting with Goodell.  Not to mention the copious other possible procedural errors and missteps (dismissing sworn statements from police officers about Tiffany Thompsons bar fight, photos and affidavits from eyewitnesses showing she had no bruises before the bar fight incident, multiple eyewitnesses refuting TT's claims, the witness she asked to lie, the potential extortion of Zeke by TT re: a sex tape, and on and on and on)   

At this point anything other than ZERO games will be going to the courts

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just feel the only correct path is simply let the kid play this year and conduct this investigation thoroughly between now and next year and then have a legitimate, thoroughly  understanding of the situation and then making a proper judgment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

I just feel the only correct path is simply let the kid play this year and conduct this investigation thoroughly between now and next year and then have a legitimate, thoroughly  understanding of the situation and then making a proper judgment. 

they have investigated for a long time dude, he did it. lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The NFL Players Association filed a temporary restraining order in Texas calling on the courts to block any suspension upheld by NFL arbitrator Harold Henderson.

It is a preemptive lawsuit designed to challenge the appeals process arising from Ezekiel Elliott's six-game suspension, and to ultimately block the six-game ban from being imposed by the league should Henderson approve all or part of the suspension. Per PFT's Mike Florio, who has an attorney background, the next step will involve a battle by Elliott to win a ruling that would delay any suspension until all litigation has concluded. The goal of Zeke's camp will be to get that ruling as soon as possible so that Elliott can play in Week 1. Based on the league's to-date bungling of the situation, we would at this point bet on Elliott playing against the Giants next Sunday night.
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pennstateugk said:

There's plenty of precedent for a reduction. I can name probably 8 players in the past few years that have had their suspensions reduced, some even to just a fine. I think there's a strong case for it since no charges were actually filed. 

 

Reduction? We are way past reduction. Many long suspensions gets reduced on appeal. He is a LOCK to get a reduction to 4 games. The only question now is whether it gets lifted or its in the 1-4 range. All scenarios have a huge impact on his fantasy value. But the suspension is being reduced without question. 

I am no Cowboy fan, but he was never arrested or charged and the lead investigator for the NFL recommended ZERO suspension. It is comical Zeke got any suspension at all let alone 6 games. 

I think the NFL will, through back channels, offer 2 games and PRAY Zeke takes it. If not, I could see this netting a zero game suspension and a huge black eye for the NFL. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mathew Berry said:

The NFL Players Association filed a temporary restraining order in Texas calling on the courts to block any suspension upheld by NFL arbitrator Harold Henderson.

It is a preemptive lawsuit designed to challenge the appeals process arising from Ezekiel Elliott's six-game suspension, and to ultimately block the six-game ban from being imposed by the league should Henderson approve all or part of the suspension. Per PFT's Mike Florio, who has an attorney background, the next step will involve a battle by Elliott to win a ruling that would delay any suspension until all litigation has concluded. The goal of Zeke's camp will be to get that ruling as soon as possible so that Elliott can play in Week 1. Based on the league's to-date bungling of the situation, we would at this point bet on Elliott playing against the Giants next Sunday night.

 

NFLPA right now
 

Edited by jonasdash
Link to post
Share on other sites

NFLPA just filed a temporary restraining order (TRO) in court. Same concept as an injunction - it's just the shortest and most immediate remedy. Next step up would be a preliminary injunction. 

 

My guess is they're doing it as a bargaining tool to put the threat of litigation on the NFL leading up to the arbitration decision. 

 

Just a reminder that if the TRO is denied (and assuming all or part of his suspension is upheld), Zeke will serve his suspension concurrently with his challenge in court. 

Edited by Rainyy
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic
  • phatrat locked and unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...