Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ezekiel Elliott 2017 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

 

Shouldn't affect his production but it will affect his ADP slightly. There will always be some that will avoid him because of the suspension. Mostly likely only drop a spot or two. People in the 4-5 spots will rejoice. 

Please happen. I'm in that 4-5 boat. Would be estatic.

Edited by Ffguy0087
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Pippadoc said:

 

Is anyone going to be that short-sighted, in dynasty, to give you a discount over what will probably be a 4 game ban at the very most?

I think everybody saw what Brady and Bell did when they return from suspension last year and those results will make it so that Zeke's draft position barely changes.  He either still goes top 3 or maybe Brown, OBJ, Julio start going ahead of him (depending on scoring system they may have been already??)

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Dallas offense is a Zeke led offense. Romo is gone and Dak is not yet in the position to run the offense the way Romo did; give him another year or 2 to develop the skills needed and gain the experience to take a bigger role but until then Zeke is the engine so you bet on Zeke with a top 4 pick because they will run him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

 

Shouldn't affect his production but it will affect his ADP slightly. There will always be some that will avoid him because of the suspension. Mostly likely only drop a spot or two. People in the 4-5 spots will rejoice. 

If his ADP drops at all, it will be just plain silly.

He led the league in rushing last year for pete sakes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dashoe said:

The Dallas offense is a Zeke led offense. Romo is gone and Dak is not yet in the position to run the offense the way Romo did; give him another year or 2 to develop the skills needed and gain the experience to take a bigger role but until then Zeke is the engine so you bet on Zeke with a top 4 pick because they will run him.

LOL   WHAT development??

 

I agree that Zeke is the engine, but what part of Dak's game needs improving??

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, lavaman said:

LOL   WHAT development??

 

I agree that Zeke is the engine, but what part of Dak's game needs improving??

 

Fine accuracy into man coverage on intermediate routes.

 

We'll find out if he's improved in this area in weeks 1 and 2 vs nyg and Denver.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be SHOCKED if he gets anything. The Ohio Police did a extensive investigation. Interviewed numerous witnesses and they supported ZEKE. No hospital records NOTHING. The NFL is getting out of hand with its self policing. You are going see some major LAWSUITS soon from players. I expect ZEKE to sue the league if he is suspended. I dont believe the NFL does a better investigation then Police departments. Josh Brown kicks the s--- out of his wife repeatedly and gets 1 game? Im tired of Goodell and his "Im the most powerful man and can do anything I want" approach. Zeke will sue Im almost 100% positive if he suspended. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DLB4ever said:

I would be SHOCKED if he gets anything. The Ohio Police did a extensive investigation. Interviewed numerous witnesses and they supported ZEKE. No hospital records NOTHING. The NFL is getting out of hand with its self policing. You are going see some major LAWSUITS soon from players. I expect ZEKE to sue the league if he is suspended. I dont believe the NFL does a better investigation then Police departments. Josh Brown kicks the s--- out of his wife repeatedly and gets 1 game? Im tired of Goodell and his "Im the most powerful man and can do anything I want" approach. Zeke will sue Im almost 100% positive if he suspended. 

 

The Players Union gave this power to Goodell.  They'll have to take it back in the next CBA.  

 

The Josh Brown thing was disgusting.  NFL security, yes NFL security, was called to their hotel room at the Pro Bowl and little happened.  Just gross.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, lavaman said:

LOL   WHAT development??

 

I agree that Zeke is the engine, but what part of Dak's game needs improving??

 

 

he has to develop that accuracy when he passes where he can place the ball in an area where the wr can continue to make a play after the catch(brady is prob the best at doing this) also he needs to develop the deep ball passing game to stretch the field. The way dallas is currently built Dak is not going to be able to develop his passing game the way Romo did; he has a great running game and a solid and improving defense. Dallas simply does not need him to dominate a game with his arm with a sophisticated passing attack but I guess how many games will dallas realistically be playing from behind?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

 

The Players Union gave this power to Goodell.  They'll have to take it back in the next CBA.  

 

The Josh Brown thing was disgusting.  NFL security, yes NFL security, was called to their hotel room at the Pro Bowl and little happened.  Just gross.

I do believe if they suspend him this will be unprecedented in the league. A player accused of assault before he was drafted. No criminal charges and no evidence found to support the charges. Everything dropped. The league suspends said player for 1-2 games.. That has lawsuit ALL OVER IT.. You know Jerry wont sit on his hands on that one. I mean then why dont they suspend Mixon? Or Cook for his issues? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, DLB4ever said:

I do believe if they suspend him this will be unprecedented in the league. A player accused of assault before he was drafted. No criminal charges and no evidence found to support the charges. Everything dropped. The league suspends said player for 1-2 games.. That has lawsuit ALL OVER IT.. You know Jerry wont sit on his hands on that one. I mean then why dont they suspend Mixon? Or Cook for his issues? 

 

The league suspended Terrelle Pryor as he was coming into the league...because he exchanged his own stuff for tats.

 

Again,  the Players Union has given Goodell this power, they are going to have to take it from him in the next CBA.  There'd be no lawsuit.

 

There's something weird about this entire situation.  It's like they are building a dossier on Zeke and are looking to make a statement.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Pippadoc said:

 

Is anyone going to be that short-sighted, in dynasty, to give you a discount over what will probably be a 4 game ban at the very most?

If you can tickle their paranoia that more incidents like this are inevitable, yes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Proteus said:

If you can tickle their paranoia that more incidents like this are inevitable, yes.

 

He's building quite the resume -

 

Wild partying in college to the point where his roommate Bosa moved out and his head coach had his parents in a meeting to discuss Zeke

This incident 

The weed shop

The boob grab

 

The league is watching him like a hawk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

 

The league suspended Terrelle Pryor as he was coming into the league...because he exchanged his own stuff for tats.

 

Again,  the Players Union has given Goodell this power, they are going to have to take it from him in the next CBA.  There'd be no lawsuit.

 

There's something weird about this entire situation.  It's like they are building a dossier on Zeke and are looking to make a statement.

 

exactly. the NFL is not focused on being fair and equitable. The NFL chooses the players and issues the want to make statements on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dashoe said:

 

exactly. the NFL is not focused on being fair and equitable. The NFL chooses the players and issues the want to make statements on. 

 

All they care about is protecting the brand and their public image...which means their wallets.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't get how people on this forum are confused. The league is making a statement with any and all DV/DA cases.. even a whiff of it. Any player caught up in these scenarios WILL BE made an example out of. The league will MAKE A STATEMENT.

It's nothing new... it's nothing out of the ordinary these past few years. Fantasy footballers are very biased towards their players... thus the overarching validation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

 

All they care about is protecting the brand and their public image...which means their wallets.


Ofcourse... it's a business. Business need to make money and push out their brand... Players know this going into that brand, buying into that brand and representing that brand like a professional businessman.

Business 101.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ponza88 said:


Ofcourse... it's a business. Business need to make money and push out their brand... Players know this going into that brand, buying into that brand and representing that brand like a professional businessman.

Business 101.

 

So why then are you so heartbroken about Josh Gordon? His suspensions fit your statement to a tee. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ponza88 said:

I don't get how people on this forum are confused. The league is making a statement with any and all DV/DA cases.. even a whiff of it. Any player caught up in these scenarios WILL BE made an example out of. The league will MAKE A STATEMENT.

It's nothing new... it's nothing out of the ordinary these past few years. Fantasy footballers are very biased towards their players... thus the overarching validation.

 

If Zeke had been a model citizen since, nothing would happen. This may be the NFL's way of punishing him for walking into weed shops and sexually groping women in public without explicitly saying so. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ponza88 said:

I don't get how people on this forum are confused. The league is making a statement with any and all DV/DA cases.. even a whiff of it. Any player caught up in these scenarios WILL BE made an example out of. The league will MAKE A STATEMENT.

It's nothing new... it's nothing out of the ordinary these past few years. Fantasy footballers are very biased towards their players... thus the overarching validation.

Overarching validation?? If Im accused of DV and the woman has NO PROOF, NO witnesses, no police or hospital records. Ive had no charges pressed or filed, all charges have been dropped? Its all hearsay. If I get fired from or suspended from my job due to allegations? You damn sure Im getting a nice lawyer and walking away with some cash. The NFL is a employer and they are NOT above the everyday laws of country. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DLB4ever said:

Overarching validation?? If Im accused of DV and the woman has NO PROOF, NO witnesses, no police or hospital records. Ive had no charges pressed or filed, all charges have been dropped? Its all hearsay. If I get fired from or suspended from my job due to allegations? You damn sure Im getting a nice lawyer and walking away with some cash. The NFL is a employer and they are NOT above the everyday laws of country. 

 

You are 100% right. The NFL does have the collectively bargained right to discipline players however limits have been tested and the league has lost some cases. If they suspend him Zeke would be a fool to just take it and the union will force the issue. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DLB4ever said:

Overarching validation?? If Im accused of DV and the woman has NO PROOF, NO witnesses, no police or hospital records. Ive had no charges pressed or filed, all charges have been dropped? Its all hearsay. If I get fired from or suspended from my job due to allegations? You damn sure Im getting a nice lawyer and walking away with some cash. The NFL is a employer and they are NOT above the everyday laws of country. 

I believe the Cowboys are Zeke's employer. But yes the NFL is an employer, too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • phatrat locked and unlocked this topic
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic
  • phatrat locked and unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...