NBC Sports Edge Forums

Corey Kluber 2017 Outlook

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe June we can get a return on our investment.  Until then guess we got Yovani Gallardo type production.  

Edited by Cmilne23

Pulled at 55 pitches.  Something isn't right.  Probably going to get the doom and gloom after the start.  Maybe blister again?  Oh well gone this far without him. Won't be tough to replace the 5 era and 1.40 whip.  

Edited by Cmilne23
22 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Are we sure he isn't hurt?  Francona usually has long leash for him.  He pulled him immediately tonight.  That's kind of a red flag.

I've seen him give up 4-5 runs a still pitch a CG, really strange seeing the 3 IP tonight.

1 minute ago, SwayzeExpress said:

I've seen him give up 4-5 runs a still pitch a CG, really strange seeing the 3 IP tonight.

Yeah last start his stuff looked even worse, got some good luck to not make it horrific, but Terry let him go for 100+ and he ended up salvaging line.  Never seen him yanked this early.  But honestly he had nothing.  This one is top 5 worst pitched games this season.  Even his outs were rockets at people.  Could of been much worse.  If that means anything to people.

Edited by Cmilne23
1 minute ago, Cmilne23 said:

Back pain, finger issues.  Workload catching up?  Anyone going to sell low or stay the course?

sell low, not a option in my opinion, it's week 5 for gods sake.

7 minutes ago, Topgun said:

sell low, not a option in my opinion, it's week 5 for gods sake.

If you think that workload is going to hinder him for this season you absolutely can sell now on name.  He threw a ton of pitches last season, some people buy into the notion that with that high of work load it's an ominous sign for down year following season.  Bumgarner had curbed that recently.  But already we've had 3 starts where's he's left early due to injury. Is that just bad luck or is that workload taking its toll?

Edited by Cmilne23

I'd rather go down with the ship than jump over board. I do think that it's ironic that he's having back problems after carrying their whole squad on his back late last season and into the playoffs. 

45 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Sounds like he's headed to the DL.  

Crap, I'll get ready to add a replacement. Might explain the poor starts so far, with his back acting up. The cold weather likely to blame, maybe that's a reason for his slow starts every year? I have a bit of a bad back and it doesn't go away, just becomes something you have to stretch and manage.

Really hope only a 10 day/2 week job though.