NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mark Ingram 2017 Season Outlook

12 hours ago, Bastardo! said:

Sean Payton is enamored with his shiny new toy, and, in this case, that's all that matters.

Ingram's usage says otherwise.

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

Ingram's usage says otherwise.

I actually like Ingram.  I think he is a talented back.  

The fact is, though, that Kamara has been the better fantasy back so far this year.  We'll see what happens now that Peterson is gone.

8 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

I actually like Ingram.  I think he is a talented back.  

The fact is, though, that Kamara has been the better fantasy back so far this year.  We'll see what happens now that Peterson is gone.

Ingram hasnt scored less than 13 fantasy points in my league this year

In my league it has been, 13, 13, 14, 14. 

That is as consistent as it gets. Kamara is great but it is disingenious to call kamara the better fantasy player up to now.

I admit kamara is coming on strong but lets give it a couple weeks to see how it shakes out.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
11 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

The fact is, though, that Kamara has been the better fantasy back so far this year. 

If one of those TDs goes to Ingram I think it's a different story. I like AK but so far he's been pretty TD dependent unless you play in full PPR.

8 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Ingram hasnt scored less than 13 fantasy points in my league this year

In my league it has been, 13, 13, 14, 14. 

That is as consistent as it gets. Kamara is great but it is disingenious to call kamara the better fantasy player up to now.

You can accept the facts or not, but they are what I base my comments on.

http://www70.myfantasyleague.com/2017/player?L=13316&P=13132&DISPLAY_TYPE=stats&START_WEEK=1&END_WEEK=20&P=10276 

You are right that Ingram has been more consistent, but Ingram is remaining at essentially the same level, while Kamara is trending up.

I own Kamara, but I would not trade him for Ingram, and I doubt many would.  (Full disclosure: I play in a dynasty league)

fyi:  the league linked above is not the league I belong to.

Edited by Bastardo!
3 minutes ago, SonataArctica said:

Both backs can be productive in this offense. I am starting both 

That strategy can definitely work.  I start both Freeman and Coleman in my league and am currently 4-1 (thank you, Harry Butker).

Edited by Bastardo!
On Wed Oct 11 2017 at 11:59 AM, Bastardo! said:

You can accept the facts or not, but they are what I base my comments on.

http://www70.myfantasyleague.com/2017/player?L=13316&P=13132&DISPLAY_TYPE=stats&START_WEEK=1&END_WEEK=20&P=10276 

You are right that Ingram has been more consistent, but Ingram is remaining at essentially the same level, while Kamara is trending up.

I own Kamara, but I would not trade him for Ingram, and I doubt many would.  (Full disclosure: I play in a dynasty league)

fyi:  the league linked above is not the league I belong to.

Good stuff.

2 minutes ago, Most Guruist said:

love the new RB depth that 'appeared' on my roster but with Payton I'm still a little scurred to start him.

Unless you’re starting Bell and Gurley every week Ingram is a must start weekly.

Edited by ponchsox
On 10/1/2017 at 11:08 PM, metalmat said:

With Adrian Peterson getting phased out, Ingram not having a good game and thy bye week coming up I would actually begin trying to pick Ingram up everywhere you can. He does not look quite as good as he has in the previous few seasons but I still think he has plenty of gas in the tank and should finish the season as an RB2 at the minimum. Get him while he is still cheap, his value is not going to remain this low for long.

I was telling everyone to pick him up. Buy low window is shut closed, unfortunately I only got him in one of my leagues on a trade. He is going to ball out rest of the season.

Just now, metalmat said:

I was telling everyone to pick him up. Buy low window is shut closed, unfortunately I only got him in one of my leagues on a trade. He is going to ball out rest of the season.

Except for road games where the saints have historically been putrid.

17 hours ago, metalmat said:

If I can't buy low then I guess it's time to sell high.

How high? So high that I can kiss the sky. (up to the sky!)

31 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

I was pleasantly surprised to see Payton go back to him even after the fumble. 

I bet he would have gotten benched if it was a bad fumble. It was a bang-bang play. Ingram never thought it was a fumble. Thought it was an incomplete pass. At that point in the game, and how the Mike Thomas 'interception" got ruled...the refs were gonna rule it a fumble.