NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mark Ingram 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

Anybody hear anything about Ingram beyond the infrequent rotoworld blurbs?  I'm having a very hard time ranking him.

No news is good news imo. Lots of the Saints beat writers have said this "we are chronicling Peterson and Kamara more this camp because they are new....but Ingram is quietly having a really good camp". 

On 8/17/2017 at 5:41 AM, mulhollandvelvet said:

He's probably the most underrated fantasy player of the last few years. I am endlessly happy that Peterson slid his adp down so far. Top 10 RB here. 

shhhhh....lets keep it that way.

On 8/17/2017 at 8:41 AM, mulhollandvelvet said:

He's probably the most underrated fantasy player of the last few years. I am endlessly happy that Peterson slid his adp down so far. Top 10 RB here. 

For the third straight season. 

4 hours ago, joshua18 said:

For the third straight season. 

I can't shake the feeling that Payton is going to force-feed AP the ball and pound him around the goal line just to give the middle finger to Ingram. As an Ingram owner in a dynasty league, I've been pleased with his performance the last two years. But given how effective he is per touch I really do think he would get so many more opportunities with a different head coach.

Although with another coach maybe he wouldn't BE as effective. Ingram's relationship with Payton is so hard to decipher. It didn't surprise me one bit that he signed Peterson and drafted an RB in the third round.

lol, lot of Ingram truthers here.

Top 10 in 2017 beliefs let me know yall are living in a dream world.  Yall must have been incepted by Leo or JGL.

The makeup of the 2016 Saints is not the makeup of the 2017 Saints.  

Ingram would disappear for games because his coach hated him and he would play Hightower or Cadet instead.

AP and Kamara are 20x the NFL RB Hightower is and Cadet still lingers.  

You guys shushing each other every few posts do make me chuckle quite a bit though.

Carry on Ingram Truthers.

10 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Top 10 in 2017 beliefs let me know yall are living in a dream world.  Yall must have been incepted by Leo or JGL.

Ingram would disappear for games because his coach hated him and he would play Hightower or Cadet instead.

You guys shushing each other every few posts do make me chuckle quite a bit though.

Probably said very similar things last two years....as Ingram went on to be a top 10 fantasy RB each time. Rinse & repeat.

12 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

kamara 20x the nfl back but hasn't played a game yet lol 

36 minutes ago, Hellfire Snail said:

I can't shake the feeling that Payton is going to force-feed AP the ball and pound him around the goal line just to give the middle finger to Ingram. As an Ingram owner in a dynasty league, I've been pleased with his performance the last two years. But given how effective he is per touch I really do think he would get so many more opportunities with a different head coach.

Although with another coach maybe he wouldn't BE as effective. Ingram's relationship with Payton is so hard to decipher. It didn't surprise me one bit that he signed Peterson and drafted an RB in the third round.

Ingram will probably be great in the games against Atlanta and Tampa where the Saints will be in a shootout and we all know AP is much of a receiver. Other than that his goal line carries will be very rare. I like Ingram but I have a hard time seeing him produce similar numbers as the last two years, unless AP is horrible/injured and Kamara flops as a rookie.

Edited by Evincar

Yes yes... Let's give all the work to a rookie and an RB coming back from a devastating injury.

Let's totally disregard what Ingram has done within that system.

Seems like a sound plan any coach would make.

4 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

Yes yes... Let's give all the work to a rookie and an RB coming back from a devastating injury.

Yes yes let's give all the work to a running back we signed off the street. 

1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Ingram is a top 10 RB maybe top 5 in pure skill set.

Only thing holding him back is sean peyton

Thats why they hype for Ingram is endless.

57 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

Its a plan Sean Payton would make because he clearly doesnt like Ingram.

2 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Probably said very similar things last two years....as Ingram went on to be a top 10 fantasy RB each time. Rinse & repeat.

Try again. I've been an Ingram lover for years. 

Change out the probably to definitely did not. 

His talent is not in question for me, never was. His fit in an offense with a coach that seems to always go away from him when he's clearly the best option is what I question. 

2 hours ago, Flyers_28 said:

kamara 20x the nfl back but hasn't played a game yet lol 

Combined. AP and Kamara in same statement implying AP and Kamara vs Hightower.  Very misleading way of quoting my statement. You should work in politics lol 

I'll break it down to a much lower level so you won't get confused next time lol. 

It's my fault though, I shouldn't take for granted that most infer what I am implying 

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares
54 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Ingram is a top 10 RB maybe top 5 in pure skill set.

Only thing holding him back is sean peyton

Thats why they hype for Ingram is endless.

I'm with you on this statement and this has been my stance for a long while. 

Ingram does it all. Tough yardage. Tough catches. Yards after catch. Running strong between the 20s, punching it in at goal line when given opportunity. 

Then out of left field you'll see a game where Brees throws 10 straight times inside the 10 and they end up with field goals, or you'll see Hightower running ineffectively as Ingram watches from the side line at the detriment of the team And the run game and I'm here scratching my head not understanding what has happened 

9 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Combined. AP and Kamara in same statement implying AP and Kamara vs Hightower.  Very misleading way of quoting my statement. You should work in politics lol 

I'll break it down to a much lower level so you won't get confused next time lol. 

It's my fault though, I shouldn't take for granted that most infer what I am implying 

combined? i just didn't think there was anyone out there who combines players when comparing them to another one it just makes no sense to me 

22 minutes ago, Flyers_28 said:

combined? i just didn't think there was anyone out there who combines players when comparing them to another one it just makes no sense to me 

It does to me when I am comparing last years RB to this year's RBs. 

Last year there was Hightower. 

This year there is AP + Kamara. 

This year is 20x better than last year IMO. 

11 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Try again. I've been an Ingram lover for years. 

His talent is not in question for me, never was. His fit in an offense with a coach that seems to always go away from him when he's clearly the best option is what I question. 

Ok, let me try again.

You've been an Ingram lover for years, so naturally you'd be predicting his demise in 2017, citing Ingram's ill fit in the offense, the same offense that saw him finish as a top 10 RB the last two seasons, as your reason. That, plus the fact that he'll continue to be stifled by the same coach who coached those back-to-back top 10 seasons.

Ok, now it all makes sense.

Edited by Lamont Sanford
35 minutes ago, Chardo said:

Yes Ingram is the better player and will put up numbers despite RBBC. But do you really want the frustration of watching AP vulture half the TD's?  Cause that's what's gonna happen. 

Yes, yes i do. Especially when i saw how terrible AP was last year.

Ingram will run circles around AP this year