NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Mark Ingram 2017 Season Outlook

Shadowpandax

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like Sean Payton is probably out thinking himself trying to find roles for every back on the team. Can't think of a single time where rotating backs the way they do has worked out. I guess maybe the patriots?

Also surprised that the Saints forced the ball to Kamara so much, he's just not a guy that jumps off the screen to me.

46 minutes ago, Joeklebba said:

Seems like Sean Payton is probably out thinking himself trying to find roles for every back on the team. Can't think of a single time where rotating backs the way they do has worked out. I guess maybe the patriots?

Also surprised that the Saints forced the ball to Kamara so much, he's just not a guy that jumps off the screen to me.

At least when Belichek rotates backs it's usually on a per game basis or series. Not every other snap. Ridiculous. 

Ingram looked better than the others and the offense looked better with ingram out there.

Seems they were really trying to make AP's homecoming special, and Peterson acted like a bish to be honest. Not sure he is a good fit at all. Payton may be regretting that one.

Tonight was frustrating but we have seen this move before with Ingram. Last year he had games of 13, 3, 13, 10, 12, and 8 touches. He isn't going to be particularly reliable week-to-week thanks to a stubborn coach but he will have big games and is efficient enough to produce as a RB2 again over the course of the season.

The Saint's poor performance may help him down the road. If the Saints get into a hole early in the season Payton may have no choice but to use Ingram properly.

AP showed nothing, rarely played, and disrespected his coach on national television. All pluses for Ingram's outlook. Kamara's usage was troubling but Kamara looked like a JAG. Kamara ultimately may just be this years Hightower. Peterson hopefully is a non-factor ROS so this becomes a two-way time share and not a three-headed monster.