Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marshawn Lynch 2017 Outlook


Recommended Posts

Raiders starting RB in 2017? 

 

If he comes back, he'll be 31 at the start of the season, but he'll be playing behind a great O-line, and should have lots of TD chances. 

 

How interesting is this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its interesting to the point that i think Oak has to bring in a power RB  given the lack of skill that Richard/Washington have in that area, as well as pass protection.    Its hard to say if Lynch can kick it back in gear and produce at a high level given his time off, but this would be a pretty ideal situation to find out given the OL and weapons that would surround him.  It will be interesting to see if this story continues to grow legs.  I also wonder though why they wouldn't just consider AP > Lynch, but it could all be a money thing, IDK.

Edited by BlakeP42
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BlakeP42 said:

I also wonder though why they wouldn't just consider AP > Lynch, but it could all be a money thing, IDK.

 

I think AP's market is as cold as it is because he got injured in Week 2 and then didn't do much after he was activated off IR in Week 15.  Had he gotten injured later in the year, teams wouldn't be as worried about paying for a game or two of action.  He's probably also asking for too much money.  Marshawn has the fresh-legs argument going for him at least.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, eg4190 said:

 

I think AP's market is as cold as it is because he got injured in Week 2 and then didn't do much after he was activated off IR in Week 15.  Had he gotten injured later in the year, teams wouldn't be as worried about paying for a game or two of action.  He's probably also asking for too much money.  Marshawn has the fresh-legs argument going for him at least.

i think IMO it has to be a bit more about money but i really have no idea to be honest.  I can't talk myself into thinking a year off Lynch is going to be less risky then a year coming off injury AP.  I don't really think anyone knows what exactly you would get from either, that OL in Oak is a dang good one though, so i could see both RBs being effective if they can stay on the field.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why he would come back and take more of a beating on his body. If he returns he is not younger, stronger, faster and heals quicker.  Dude is a rb not a wr, QB etc, he is gettting hit everytime he touches the ball. I think it makes for good press but as a football reality wouldnt think it's a good move for the raiders as far as winning games with a 30yr old high mileage rb nor good for beastmode aside from another paycheck.

Edited by dashoe
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, howlin' 2 said:

Unless you think your team needs to toughen up their attitude ... If only there was a team that epitomized that attitude ;)

 

 

On the other hand the jersey sales would be ridiculous

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Rizzle630 said:

how many offseasons before we can put marshawn lynch to bed for good?

As many until we finally bury Tupac ... last I heard both were seen together in the studio in Oakland last week plottin' & schemin' on a comeback :rolleyes:

Link to post
Share on other sites

dudes owed 9 million by the Seahawks if he comes back.  I wonder what cap implications exist if he were to return and subsequently be cut. I gotta imagine Seahawks would take some dead cap on as a result. that sucks for them if this was to magically play out.

Link to post
Share on other sites


Don't dismiss this story. This news only happened because ML's peeps put it out there. Lynch as a Raider, his hometown team, could happen. If it does happen, draft as a RB #3/4 .... no worries, he's on the bench. If he explodes, you have a potential RB #1/2 for next to nothing. Do not discount the fact he is a Raider homer and that he is relatively fresh, assuming he has been staying in shape.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just dont see why  it would happen from an organizational perspetive

 

 

1 hour ago, Blazer said:


Don't dismiss this story. This news only happened because ML's peeps put it out there. Lynch as a Raider, his hometown team, could happen. If it does happen, draft as a RB #3/4 .... no worries, he's on the bench. If he explodes, you have a potential RB #1/2 for next to nothing. Do not discount the fact he is a Raider homer and that he is relatively fresh, assuming he has been staying in shape.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...