NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Marshawn Lynch 2017 Outlook

ajs723

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The time off is huge for beast mode. No telling how many nagging ailments he was dealing with beyond the back. I'm not worried for a second he's going to come back rusty.  He doesn't know rusty. 100% effort every time. 

Going to be fun owning him as part of the raiders. Hope they give him the carries that count, which I'm sure they will. Take him out when you don't need him (unless I need points of course! :lol:).

I think what always gets me when I read negative articles on players like lynch is how they feel to quickly forget some of the guys like Gore, or fjax etc... Guys who produced at a pretty solid level even into older ages. And then you take a guy like lynch who's even more of a freak athlete in many ways and they act like he's literally a 40 year old man. I get having skepticism, but really... People really think lynch is just gonna lay down and bust this season to the point of being embarrassed? I just don't see how that happens. 

On 9/4/2017 at 11:04 PM, Savatage79 said:

I think what always gets me when I read negative articles on players like lynch is how they feel to quickly forget some of the guys like Gore, or fjax etc... Guys who produced at a pretty solid level even into older ages. And then you take a guy like lynch who's even more of a freak athlete in many ways and they act like he's literally a 40 year old man. I get having skepticism, but really... People really think lynch is just gonna lay down and bust this season to the point of being embarrassed? I just don't see how that happens. 

The bar for being an RB2 for fantasy is pretty low these days. If he gets 50 yards a game and touchdown every other game, it's fine value if you didn't have to reach. There's certainly upside for better than that, some downside too of course.

3 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

The bar for being an RB2 for fantasy is pretty low these days. If he gets 50 yards a game and touchdown every other game, it's fine value if you didn't have to reach. There's certainly upside for better than that, some downside too of course.

If he picks up where he left off, I don't think there will be much of a downside. So far I was able to do a fairly normal trade for him and then picked him up in round 5, but I feel he's going to continue where he left off. 

4 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Lynch was the only player I picked up in both of my leagues. 

I think he can be the "McCoy" of this year. Maybe not top 3 like McCoy was last year, but top 5 is attainable.

That's pretty confident for someone with as many red flags as Lynch. On top of that, a nasty schedule as well. 

Edited by Gandalfthecat

On 9/4/2017 at 11:04 PM, Savatage79 said:

Apples and Oranges.

Lynch was already displaying signs of extreme wear and tear. His back was killing him. He also missed multiple years of action. Gore has played 16 games 5 years in a row.

Been buying as many shares as I can since his value began to taper over the past 1-2 weeks. 

He looks fresh, he looks hungry, I am a very pessimistic raider fan and I think he'll be their best player for fantasy purposes.

Hes running behind a dominant offensive line - by far the best he's ever had. He's in a very explosive offense that's going to move the ball all day. The Raider defense is atrocious in all phases and they're going to be playing in a lot of 38-31 type games. One of the best ways to keep

their D fresh is by giving him large workloads. I'm all in on Lynch and think he'll greatly outperform his ADP.

32 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

That's pretty confident for someone with as many red flags as Lynch. On top of that, a nasty schedule as well. 

What's the second red flag? Age... and then...? 

O-Line ++

Offense ++

Skillset + 

Injury +

I don't see a second red flag. He's old. And he's been out of football for a little bit. But he's had an offseason now with the Raiders, he looks good in the preseason, and his offense and offensive situation are, quite honestly, amazing. I definitely see A red flag. I don't see "many". 

Here's my thing: I think people acknowledge the strength of the Raiders OL but I don' tthink they conceive it quite as much as they do on a team like the Cowboys. Like I think people would give him more line credit if he wereo n a team like that, but the fact of the matter is that this Raiders OL is pretty much as-good as that line. 

Like Latavius Murray just isn't that good. And he was a very fantasy relevant RB. I don't think Lynch has to be a good RB to be an RB2. I think he needs to Rob Kelley it and just run forward to be an RB2. If he actually is a bit more like Lynch, he could be more. I just don't see this going horribly wrong... 

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Apples and Oranges.

Lynch was already displaying signs of extreme wear and tear. His back was killing him. He also missed multiple years of action. Gore has played 16 games 5 years in a row.

Maybe a break was all he needed, he looked great in 14,  hurt in 15 and missed 16.  Time off might of recharged him for all we know 

Edited by Savatage79