NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marshawn Lynch 2017 Outlook

Lynch is a high IQ football player - I can assure you he's not suiting up for a paycheck or because he's chasing some TD record. He marches to the beat of his own drum and would not be playing if he didn't still have "it". Beast Mode incoming a lot of people going to wish they hadn't passed on him in the 3rd round and definitely the 4th round.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, CrastersCreep said:

Lynch is a high IQ football player - I can assure you he's not suiting up for a paycheck or because he's chasing some TD record. He marches to the beat of his own drum and would not be playing if he didn't still have "it". Beast Mode incoming a lot of people going to wish they hadn't passed on him in the 3rd round and definitely the 4th round.

I like how you think. 

9 hours ago, taobball said:

What's the second red flag? Age... and then...? 

O-Line ++

Offense ++

Skillset + 

Injury +

I don't see a second red flag. He's old. And he's been out of football for a little bit. But he's had an offseason now with the Raiders, he looks good in the preseason, and his offense and offensive situation are, quite honestly, amazing. I definitely see A red flag. I don't see "many". 

Here's my thing: I think people acknowledge the strength of the Raiders OL but I don' tthink they conceive it quite as much as they do on a team like the Cowboys. Like I think people would give him more line credit if he wereo n a team like that, but the fact of the matter is that this Raiders OL is pretty much as-good as that line. 

Like Latavius Murray just isn't that good. And he was a very fantasy relevant RB. I don't think Lynch has to be a good RB to be an RB2. I think he needs to Rob Kelley it and just run forward to be an RB2. If he actually is a bit more like Lynch, he could be more. I just don't see this going horribly wrong... 

I totally get how talented that Raiders O line is. I guess the other "red flag" is how he looked in his last year in Seattle. Now, I understand that o line isn't what Raiders' is now, but Rawls looked good behind them. And I don't think he's particularly talented. 

7 hours ago, BostonCajun said:

I'd rather draft him in the 3rd round than any of the rookie backs going between the 2nd and 3rd rounds. 

the fantasy community has collectively overrated the discrepancy between risk of aging-former-stars versus up-and-coming talents.

If the offensive systems have similar perks, is Kareem Hunt any less risky than Marshawn Lynch, and is the upside much different?

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS

He looks fine. I think the match-up against the Titans DBs were too good, though. Titans are much better against the run than the pass. There will be some exploitable match-ups coming up. I feel good about him.

1 minute ago, Br0kenB said:

He looks fine. I think the match-up against the Titans DBs were too good, though. Titans are much better against the run than the pass. There will be some exploitable match-ups coming up. I feel good about him.

3 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Decent game, not sure why they didn't give him the ball at least once from the 2 yard line when they passed three times and had to settle for a FG.  Looked like he still had some vintage Beast Mode to him.

yup, he gets the plunge when they had 1st and goal from the 2 he's looking at 15 point game

6 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Decent game, not sure why they didn't give him the ball at least once from the 2 yard line when they passed three times and had to settle for a FG.  Looked like he still had some vintage Beast Mode to him.

Those were all really good looks. Cooper just dropped them - can't blame the play-calling. 

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:30 PM, murraygd13 said:

Pete Carroll helped da Raiderz coaching staff out with a few tips on how to best use Beast Mode

14 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

Just be my David Johnson man, please 

Not going to be the #1 overall RB with huge usage.

He will however get 14-20 touches in an elite offense with an elite offensiveline while I would be absolutely shocked if he doesn't score 10+ TDs if he plays 14 games.

48 minutes ago, CrastersCreep said:

Not going to be the #1 overall RB with huge usage.

He will however get 14-20 touches in an elite offense with an elite offensiveline while I would be absolutely shocked if he doesn't score 10+ TDs if he plays 14 games.

If he returns to form id be more than happy with that