NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marshawn Lynch 2017 Outlook

Carr out, Crabtree banged up and Cooper can't catch a cold. Hopefully they can ride Lynch for one game and we can see some signs of life. Game flow should work out since the Ravens can't score on anyone. 

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has been vs NASTY run defenses, they barely use him. They rely to much on the Pass with Carr and honestly Lynch i sa fantastic blocking RB, why they probaly liked  him, to block for Carr. The O-Line though was much touted but has failed every which way

22 hours ago, FootyFan said:

That's absurd.  Fans would not stand for it.

Is it really that absurd? Is Lynch going out there and getting stuffed for less than 20 yards a game going to keep the fan base afloat? Besides they are moving to Vegas soon anyways. You better believe that ownership is gonna have some issues with shelling out 500 large a week to Lynch if he continues putting up stat lines similar to week 3 and 4.

4 hours ago, metalmat said:

Is it really that absurd? Is Lynch going out there and getting stuffed for less than 20 yards a game going to keep the fan base afloat? Besides they are moving to Vegas soon anyways. You better believe that ownership is gonna have some issues with shelling out 500 large a week to Lynch if he continues putting up stat lines similar to week 3 and 4.

"Hey Oakland, we're going to Vegas. I know we just got good and you've been loyal fans, but you won't build us a $2 billion stadium. Vegas will. Kinda your fault, but we're forgiving. We just brought hometown hero Marshawn to be an Oakland Raider! You should definitely keep buying tickets and $8 beer. Every Sunday, enjoy us while you can... By the way paying Oakland Raiders fans: we're cutting Marshawn. F you."

Yea...

2 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

"Hey Oakland, we're going to Vegas. I know we just got good and you've been loyal fans, but you won't build us a $2 billion stadium. Vegas will. Kinda your fault, but we're forgiving. We just brought hometown hero Marshawn to be an Oakland Raider! You should definitely keep buying tickets and $8 beer. Every Sunday, enjoy us while you can... By the way paying Oakland Raiders fans: we're cutting Marshawn. F you."

Yea...

+1

Whether the Raiders go through with it is up to coach Jack Del Rio and OC Todd Downing, who have made a concerted effort to limit 31-year-old Marshawn Lynch’s usage to this point. But sans Derek Carr, there is little doubt Oakland’s optimal offensive approach is to saddle up Lynch behind their high-priced offensive line and ride Beast Mode against the Ravens, who are traveling cross country with a run defense that has sagged without DT Brandon Williams’ (foot), surrendering a combined 83/380/4.56/3 rushing line to enemy backs with Williams shelved the past three weeks. Lynch is a risky Week 5 fantasy start with descending touch totals of 19 > 13 > 7 > 9, but Lynch should be the focal point of Oakland’s E.J. Manuel-quarterbacked offense

15 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Whether the Raiders go through with it is up to coach Jack Del Rio and OC Todd Downing, who have made a concerted effort to limit 31-year-old Marshawn Lynch’s usage to this point. But sans Derek Carr, there is little doubt Oakland’s optimal offensive approach is to saddle up Lynch behind their high-priced offensive line and ride Beast Mode against the Ravens, who are traveling cross country with a run defense that has sagged without DT Brandon Williams’ (foot), surrendering a combined 83/380/4.56/3 rushing line to enemy backs with Williams shelved the past three weeks. Lynch is a risky Week 5 fantasy start with descending touch totals of 19 > 13 > 7 > 9, but Lynch should be the focal point of Oakland’s E.J. Manuel-quarterbacked offense

Or could be Richard who has looked better in every situation except GL. Im hoping for a huge game so I can trade him

I was drunk in the league I drafted him. Seriously considering dropping him before the game even starts. I have 0 faith right now and all the reports that are saying that the raiders are going to lean on him now that Carr is gone seems out of desperation. People are clinging on to anything hoping lynch of old will return. I don't see it I wish I could though 

26 minutes ago, SonataArctica said:

I was drunk in the league I drafted him. Seriously considering dropping him before the game even starts. I have 0 faith right now and all the reports that are saying that the raiders are going to lean on him now that Carr is gone seems out of desperation. People are clinging on to anything hoping lynch of old will return. I don't see it I wish I could though 

When he has a good game down the line, just remember you didn't mean to draft him and everyone else is just clinging on to something not there. 

I agree, he's tough to trust.  But he was an RB2 his first two games and I expect him to be one most weeks.  Denver is a great defense and they were down to Washington the whole time.  Clearly he hasn't gotten it going, but nobody else is really getting ample carries or doing well with them.   Maybe Oakland realizes they need to get him going.

I can see reasons to cut him if the right player is on the wire, although I'd find it hard to believe he's most people's worst player. 

Seems like the Oakland offense in general is a buy low for me.

Hoping he has a huge game so I can trade him for something.  I don't see him having much value the rest of the season.  Raiders offense does not run through him like it did in Seattle.  Also, waiting for Seth Roberts, Jalen Richard, and Dwayne to start taking more and more touches away. 

Has yet to get 20 touches this year; that absolutely needs to change this week.  Running the ball now has twice the utility:

1) it keeps the ball away from the opponent

2) it keeps Easy Jesus Manuel from throwing the ball to the opponent

This week or never Beast Mode!