NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Marshawn Lynch 2017 Outlook

ajs723

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

Nothing more then a flex since Oakland ignores him at the goal line and gives Richard just as much run.

Yeah was kinda thinking the same.  Matthew Berry loves him this week, which made me question it because I was going to trade for him but not if he's trending down.

If there was a week to start him, it's this week. LAC league worst 162 rushing yards per game allowed. A bit TD dependent, but he should be good for at least 15/70/1 line. Solid 12-15 standard points.

Edited by phatrat
Cool Story removed.

NFL not yet considering moving Raiders/Bolts

Wildfires are devastating Central California/wine country, causing the Raiders to alter their practice schedule. "We continue to monitor air quality conditions in the Bay Area and are in close communication with both the Raiders and Chargers, as well as local authorities," a league spokesman said. The league has not yet publicly entertained the possibility of moving or postponing the game. For now, it doesn't seem to be a concern for Week 6, but that could change quickly.

Last week Lynch went to the O-line coach and got some tape to try and improve his performance, which Lynch said he has been embarrassed of so far.  They said he had his best week of practice.  He had 27 snaps to Richard's 25 last week against Balt with Washington out.  Washington still limited at practice today.  Karr still limited at practice today.  The thing that worries me about his matchup is the Raider's inability to maintain a close game so they can pound the rock all day.  Facing a turrible run D though, as gator said.  Debating plugging him in at the flex (rb2/wr4) slot this week.

6 hours ago, jkgeezy said:

Hoping playcalling changes in Oakland. Not understanding why he was not fed more against LAC. Not just for fantasy purposes either. Had he toted the rock more OAK would have won. 

I'm baffled by this as well. He looked good on the work he got. I was expecting a big game from Lynch. Looks like they want to get the other backs going, just like last year when Latavius Murray was there. I think I am going to have to bench Lynch until further notice because the play calling is ridiculous 

3 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

OAK is stupid if they are trying to 'conserve' Lynch.

Keep conserving and end up with a losing record lol. All for nothing then.

they are conserving wins ;) 

funny how much hype Oakland got/gets.... in reality, what makes them that much better or worse than a team like the Chargers? 

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS

I just dont see Oakland running the ball enough going forward! if they are behind like most of these games have been they have no incentive to put him out there as Richard is their choice in passing downs.  If they can get a lead and/or the O-Line gets it together he will become the stud he can be!  But until then I dont see the point of putting him in the lineup when id rather take a chance on a boom or bust of Chris Thompson(which isnt saying much).  Their a pass first team as has been evident since last year!

I'm struggling with tomorrow too. My backfield sucks, pretty much have to decide between Lynch, Rawls and Collins....similar volume and likely mediocre results from all three. Chiefs are coming off a dud so you'd think they'll get right this week. But it's on the road, and a division game, and those can be wacky. I've been reading about the Chiefs' run D and they're 28th right now in YPC given up, but I guess that stat saw a big increase after Le'Veon Bell gashed them last week. Lamar Miller and Melvin Gordon fared OK. Skins backfield did nothing. But if the Chiefs offense reawakens, I'm not expecting much of anything from Lynch. 

I'm going to be agonizing over this one.

Hopefully all NFL teams took note of what happens when you put an older, rested PROVEN running back to full usage will do for your team....AKA: Adrian Peterson. AP gets teh touches, BOOM! he is old AP, go figure right?

With 25 touches Lynch would have had roughly 130 yards and a TD

3 minutes ago, quaglinoman said:

Hopefully all NFL teams took note of what happens when you put an older, rested PROVEN running back to full usage will do for your team....AKA: Adrian Peterson. AP gets teh touches, BOOM! he is old AP, go figure right?

With 25 touches Lynch would have had roughly 130 yards and a TD

Agree. Lynch should be getting at least 18+ carries every game. He was churning out 5-6 yards per rush last week. His usage is maddening.

don't RB's usually perform well on Thursday nights, since they usually rest up instead of going hard in practice?

hopefully, we start to see an upward trend in Lynch's touches as the season progresses. Carr's not himself right now, so this is the perfect time to see Lynch put up some RB2 numbers.

1 hour ago, Fiveohnine said:

Luckily I sat him. Even before he was ejected he was getting outsnapped by Richard and Washington was looking like their best runner anyway. 

Lynch may be waiver trash at this point. 

I included him in a trade that sent lynch/engram for ingram(before last weeks games). I was sick of having this ? every single week!   Maybe later in the season when they go on the road and its cold out...they will give him some serious run.  But until then I dont see the point(to owning him) especially since hes most likely to get suspended for one game and also has a bye coming up. And they have shown they really only wanna pass the ball! 

15 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

Luckily I sat him. Even before he was ejected he was getting outsnapped by Richard and Washington was looking like their best runner anyway. 

Lynch may be waiver trash at this point. 

Even though he was looking to protect his teammate, what he did to the ref was stupid. His production has been sorry. Lynch just doesnt have that burst at the line that we are accustomed to seeing. With that all being said, if owners start dropping him, I'll find a way to get him on my team in every league. If he can turn it around, he could be a factor. I would not start him, but I would not just drop him.

Edited by nonstopfan

15 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Even though he was looking to protect his teammate, what he did to the ref was stupid. His production has been sorry. Lynch just doesnt have that burst at the line that we are accustomed to seeing. With that all being said, if owners start dropping him, I'll find a way to get him on my team in every league. If he can turn it around, he could be a factor. I would not start him, but I would not just drop him.

The funny thing is he wasn't even protecting his teammate lol.. he was protecting Peters.

His cousin was essentially in padded armor vs a ref who is smaller and in a shirt...His cousin was safe. But I am seeing Lynch is used for TWO things....pass blocking and 1 yard TD runs only. The ejection did nothing as he was not even being used anyway, had he stayed...he may have garnered 20 yards with his usage...to which on both carries his YPC still were better than Richard and Washington.