NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marshawn Lynch 2017 Outlook

No surprise as a Raider fan the offense was chunking all night with Richard and Washington in the backfield. Lynch is a relic and no longer an effective RB. Even watching his 5 yard runs look like he ran a country mile. The raiders need to consider releasing him because giving this guy touches is detrimental to the teams success. 

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, owenmills said:

He actually showed exceptional burst running onto the field. Not sure how he's sucked so badly this year

seriously.  someone get one of those speed trackers on him.  21.25mph min.

I kinda like Marshawn more now.  Once you read about him wanting to protect his cousin Peters from getting into a fight with the O line, I kinda respected that.  Not the smartest football move, but he can have my back in a dark alley fight anyday.

Edited by RustyMiller
1 minute ago, RustyMiller said:

seriously.  someone get one of those speed trackers on him.  21.25mph min.

You’re mistaking burst for speed. He’s sapped of lower body explosion. He has to do so much work just to get a 5 yard gain. Watch a guy like Richard even and his movement is much more fluid and precise. 

3 hours ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Don’t know if you guys have seen this story yet, but it’s hilarious. Apparently he watched the rest of the game from the stands and then took the BART home. Just classic. :lol:

http://m.sfgate.com/raiders/article/Marshawn-Lynch-marcus-peters-stands-bart-12293778.php

When the report came out he left the stadium, I was kinda was like that's a punk move to your teammates.

This is so much better and amazing.

3 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

This situation is a fantasy black hole. None of these three guys will have bankable value ROS. I don't think any of them could carry the load if a piano fell on the other two.

Richard looks pretty well rounded and the offense just looks so much better when he’s getting the lionshare of the load. Lynch is a horrible fit in addition to his talent declining.

Oak offense finally got something going after 4 weeks of celebrating their 2-0 start, Lynch let down his team getting DQed protecting someone on the other team who took a cheap shot on his QB...  Gonna give him another shot before I debate whether or not I can put a Lynch on the waivers.

Waiver Fodder...I am out as I had Watkins, Lynch, Rodgers and Nelson. I plan on dropping MANY players and trading away Mark Ingram and Even Engram to specific teams on the cheap just to mess with the league, force some to blow points to grab Lynch and Nelson, etc.

If I am going down I want mad chaos within the league. Sad because on paper I should be undefeated. BUT...Jordy sucks without Rodgers, Rodgers dies, Nelson will as well, Lynch was taken in as a poster boy for the city and blocking. Watkins is never looked at and its criminal. He was pulled in simply to draw the nightmare top DBs from others.

20 minutes ago, quaglinoman said:

...I plan on dropping MANY players and trading away Mark Ingram and Even Engram to specific teams on the cheap just to mess with the league, force some to blow points to grab Lynch and Nelson, etc.

If I am going down I want mad chaos within the league. Sad because on paper I should be undefeated...

“Should” be undefeated? Lol. Aside from Rodgers, who only went down just last week, all of your players were available in any matchups you lost, which is no ones fault but your own draft. 

But I guess it’s not bad enough for you to suck at fantasy, you also have to ruin the whole league by roster dumping.

And you’re proudly posting about all of it here too. Pretty hilarious. 

On 10/20/2017 at 2:34 PM, StuPitt said:

The Raiders signed him for a reason.  he came out of retirement for a reason.  I still think he will get his run at some point.  I have not even thought of cutting him yet.

Saints signed AP for a reason too.  Game is changing and volume RBs are a dying breed. I’d rather own Richards at this point. Felt so good to drop him and pick up Kroft as my Engram fill in. 

1 hour ago, quaglinoman said:

Waiver Fodder...I am out as I had Watkins, Lynch, Rodgers and Nelson. I plan on dropping MANY players and trading away Mark Ingram and Even Engram to specific teams on the cheap just to mess with the league, force some to blow points to grab Lynch and Nelson, etc.

If I am going down I want mad chaos within the league. Sad because on paper I should be undefeated. BUT...Jordy sucks without Rodgers, Rodgers dies, Nelson will as well, Lynch was taken in as a poster boy for the city and blocking. Watkins is never looked at and its criminal. He was pulled in simply to draw the nightmare top DBs from others.

You sound like a lot of fun. Sore loser lol. 

1 hour ago, Pooskay said:

surprised some are so easy to drop Lynch now.

The suspension and bye might be a needed relief. I'm holding for now.

I was really considering dropping him but I am going to hold to see what happens after the bye. If it's still a 3 headed monster, I will safely drop..but the Raiders offense may be clicking and we may be seeing a lot more goal line opportunities for him.

22 minutes ago, quaglinoman said:

Push a ref to get to his cousin to stop fighting...suspended AND upheld. Beat your woman and go to court, appeal until retirement (See Elliot). Jerry Jones paying off judges.

Allegedly. He’s also not in court for that specifically but rather the NFL donkey show 

27 minutes ago, quaglinoman said:

Push a ref to get to his cousin to stop fighting...suspended AND upheld. Beat your woman and go to court, appeal until retirement (See Elliot). Jerry Jones paying off judges.

No matter the cause, you can't manhandle a ref like that.  They need to protect the refs.  With the exception of Ed Hochuli, they're small people running around in a land of giants.