NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marshawn Lynch 2017 Outlook

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even like him, but some of you are way too down on him. If Carr hits his stride there will be plenty scoring chances for Marshawn. OL is slowly getting into shape. Could be a decent standard scoring RB2 with great TD potential, just like Latavius has been.

11 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

game logs look like he started off getting a ton of work than this slowly became a 3-headed RB wasteland ... sound about right?

Not really.  Its been too long for me to remember exact details but week 1 he didn't have any touches in the 3rd quarter, week 2 I think it was none in the 2nd and 4th.  It was weird personnel usage from the get-go.  Then Oak went to the dumps for 4ish weeks and were down all the time so they weren't running much, period.  Then he got booted vs KC.  It's possible he's still an 18+ touch back.

As much as I hate to say this I think Lynch's upside is better.  Raiders have the better chance of having a productive offense.

eta:  I'd say Lynch has the greater chance of becoming dropable too, although I haven't followed Crowell's situation much.

Edited by Most Guruist

I am not even a lynch owner but I think his future looks brighter. For those that have watched him he still looks like the same player. Game flow, Carr being injured his suspension etc have been major factors. They got cooper going. If I had to bet on it they will get lynch going to. They need this guy to really get going and be a factor. I would try to buy low.

On October 23, 2017 at 5:58 AM, quaglinoman said:

Waiver Fodder...I am out as I had Watkins, Lynch, Rodgers and Nelson. I plan on dropping MANY players and trading away Mark Ingram and Even Engram to specific teams on the cheap just to mess with the league, force some to blow points to grab Lynch and Nelson, etc.

If I am going down I want mad chaos within the league. Sad because on paper I should be undefeated. BUT...Jordy sucks without Rodgers, Rodgers dies, Nelson will as well, Lynch was taken in as a poster boy for the city and blocking. Watkins is never looked at and its criminal. He was pulled in simply to draw the nightmare top DBs from others.

You play fantasy like a bitch and kind of come off like one too to be honest.

boo hoo you lost. Get over it.

On 10/23/2017 at 5:58 AM, quaglinoman said:

Waiver Fodder...I am out as I had Watkins, Lynch, Rodgers and Nelson. I plan on dropping MANY players and trading away Mark Ingram and Even Engram to specific teams on the cheap just to mess with the league, force some to blow points to grab Lynch and Nelson, etc.

If I am going down I want mad chaos within the league. Sad because on paper I should be undefeated.

You are such a loser, in every sense of the word.

What's the consensus here? I know it's all relative but do y'all see him as an asset down the stretch? Me, for one, don't .. and would rather stash an upside player like Coleman or Olsen.

ROS schedule is tough too.

9 at MIA

10 bye

11 NE (exception)

12 DEN

13 NYG

14 at KC

15 DAL(exception)

16 at PHI

Edited by jtbgator
18 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Washington/Richards didn't do anything special vs. BUF, so I think Lynch still has a shot.

Maybe they start to give him more carries, now that their season is on the line.

I really do hope that's that case. From what games I've seen, it's not that he has looked particularly bad. They just refuse to feed him the ball.

Anyone in raider nation want to speculate on beast modes role moving forward...i personally believe that the raiders O will click the second half which could open up things for lynch... unless of course they decide to phase him out and lean in washington/richard.

Edited by RyanksN
Error

Yeah....30 yards here we come....better than his last start....I wish I got points for this guy being a player for the people and local Oakland kids....cause he'd be top five pick unfortunately I only get points for yards and TD's maybe he gets one...