NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marshawn Lynch 2017 Outlook

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

respectable RB2 numbers.

I haven't seen much of Lynch in game action, but it was interesting to see him in there even in 3rd down situations. Hopefully, it becomes a trend.

I didn't get to watch the game, but that surprises me. If he's in there on third then maybe his outlook isn't as bleak as I thought.

1 minute ago, Bowman said:

I didn't get to watch the game, but that surprises me. If he's in there on third then maybe his outlook isn't as bleak as I thought.

I was surprised as well. He wasn't in there on every 3rd down, but he was in there for a good # early on (even on 3rd and long).

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, cohenstantinople said:

I mean, he's on the Raiders, but he's not really playing, right? Seems like he's there for moral support, 323 total yards rushing for the season...

uhh, pretty relevant in their last game.

5 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

I mean, he's on the Raiders, but he's not really playing, right? Seems like he's there for moral support, 323 total yards rushing for the season...

Is there some purpose to your posting?  Just trolling and contributing nothing to the discussion.

It's hard to trust him, but it was nice to see his output last game.  I think if you're between options, this is going to be one of Lynch's best opportunities going forward.  For a team like NE that likes to take away the oppositions best player, the Raiders are full of playmakers and wont sell out to stop him.  

EDIT:  I'm rolling him out over Abdullah FWIW.

Edited by kdko
15 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

uhh, pretty relevant in their last game.

Last game was great, but his behavior before was sophomoric (Burfict-esque?), and his stat lines 6 for 18 yards, 9 for 12 yards, 12 for 43 yards, 13 for 63 yards, leave too much to desire. No one can take a loss, and Lynch and the Raiders have proven themselves untrustworthy. Raiders’ defense is dead last, the Patriots should destroy the Raiders totalamente en Mexico, and I would suggest that the trailing game-script might eliminate Lynch from play this week. Seems logical.

11 minutes ago, kdko said:

Is there some purpose to your posting?  Just trolling and contributing nothing to the discussion.

It's hard to trust him, but it was nice to see his output last game.  I think if you're between options, this is going to be one of Lynch's best opportunities going forward.  For a team like NE that likes to take away the oppositions best player, the Raiders are full of playmakers and wont sell out to stop him.  

EDIT:  I'm rolling him out over Abdullah FWIW.

Good luck.

6 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

Last game was great, but his behavior before was sophomoric (Burfict-esque?), and his stat lines 6 for 18 yards, 9 for 12 yards, 12 for 43 yards, 13 for 63 yards, leave too much to desire. No one can take a loss, and Lynch and the Raiders have proven themselves untrustworthy. Raiders’ defense is dead last, the Patriots should destroy the Raiders totalamente en Mexico, and I would suggest that the trailing game-script might eliminate Lynch from play this week. Seems logical.

Good luck.

lol, I'm not letting his behavior decide if I will start him or not. That would be dumb. 

You're right though - his numbers are nothing great, but I'm thinking OAK's offense is on the rise and so is Lynch. None of that will matter if NE crushes them.

Oakland will want to control the clock if they have any hope of defeating Brady so I figure Lynch could have a favorable gamescript here if things break Oaklands way and Carr keeps the offense ahead of the sticks.

Fearless forecast- 17 carries 68 yards 1 TD, 2 catches  - 12 yards. 

or around 16 points

6 hours ago, Zak0221 said:

Oakland will want to control the clock if they have any hope of defeating Brady so I figure Lynch could have a favorable gamescript here if things break Oaklands way and Carr keeps the offense ahead of the sticks.

FearFUL forecast- 17 carries 68 yards 1 TD, 2 catches  - 12 yards. 

or around 16 points

ftfy

Beastmode should have a solid game this week.

In their pre-bye win over Miami, the Raiders played Marshawn Lynch on a season-high 60% of the snaps and gave Lynch 16 touches, his most since Week 1. Lynch responded with his best game of the year, hitting pay dirt twice and ripping off numerous BeastModian runs, tallying a season-high 60 yards after contact. Jalen Richard and DeAndre Washington resumed sharing change-up duties with five touches apiece. It is conceivable the coaching staff went easy on Lynch in the first half of the year in order to keep him fresh down the stretch, and one game-plan approach the Raiders could take would be to hammer Lynch against New England’s leaky front in an effort to keep Brady off the field. The Patriots rank 29th in run-defense DVOA, allowing a mammoth 5.00 yards per carry and the NFL’s third-most receiving yards (501) to enemy running backs. Lynch is a viable RB2 play this week. 

3 minutes ago, vinnyw28 said:

His touches seem to be going up each week. He was out of football for a year so maybe he's getting his legs back. Some good match-ups coming up so hopefully the touches and TDs keep coming.

26 carries, but the YPC was bad.

At least OAK is committed to feeding him and not making this a RBBC.

New York Giants at Oakland Raiders

OAK: This feels like a week for the Raiders to get really healthy on offense. Jared Cook should come back from the dead against a defense that’s given up a TD to the TE position in nine of eleven games this year. Michael Crabtree should get all the targets he can handle with Amari Cooper probably not playing due to injury (assuming Crabtree isn’t suspended for this game). If Cooper is out then I like Cordarelle Patterson as a cheap flier against a defense that gives up a ton of deep passing plays. Marshawn Lynch is catching pass now. Who knew? He’s a top RB play this weekend for me. Derek Carr should get back to his 300 yard ways. So, yeah, I like all the Raiders this weekend. Oh, if Crabtree is suspended then I expect Johnny Holton to be a chalky play; I’d stick with Patterson.