NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marshawn Lynch 2017 Outlook

Marshawn Lynch

, Jalen Richard

, and DeAndre Washington

: I’ve listed all three running backs because I think it’s very likely they use them a lot more in the passing game this week, knowing they’re short on the wide receiver front. Lynch has looked solid the last three weeks and always seems to have a little more pep in his step when at home, so feel free to start him as a low-end RB2 against a Giants team that has allowed 119.5 rushing yards per game over the last four weeks, including three rushing touchdowns. As for Richard and Washington, it’s close, as Washington is the seemingly preferred option in the passing game, seeing at least three targets in six of the last 10 games. Still, they are nothing more than desperation RB4’s in PPR leagues who offer little upside with Lynch getting the goal-line work.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Joelioli said:

What are the chances the Giants stack the box and lynch delivers a dud this week?  

Picked him up last week but I have little confidence in starting him over Drake.

26 carries last week, over 100 all purpose yards. No Crab No Coop. This will be a Lynch game. Locked and loaded for me. OAK should be able to move the ball plenty.

8 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

26 carries last week, over 100 all purpose yards. No Crab No Coop. This will be a Lynch game. Locked and loaded for me. OAK should be able to move the ball plenty.

Hope the coaches thinks the same as you. 

13 minutes ago, Jay85 said:

Hope the coaches thinks the same as you. 

The 5-6 Raiders maintain realistic playoff aspirations in the abysmal AFC, and appear to have finally acknowledged that feeding Marshawn Lynch gives them their best chance to win, which should especially be the Week 13 case considering their depleted wideout corps. In last week’s win over Denver, Lynch established season highs in touches (29), snaps (69%), targets (3), and total yards (111) in a tone-setting if still-inefficient (2.58 YPC) performance. This is a much better matchup against a Giants run defense that ranks 25th in DVOA and has surrendered a combined 77/362/4.70/1 rushing line to running backs in its last three games. As a huge home favorite in a plus draw, Lynch is a quality RB2 play with RB1 upside. 

8 hours ago, jtbgator said:

I'm going to lock him in also.  Weeks 1 and 2 could've been good games too but OAK went away from Lynch for quarters at a time but with 26 touches last week that wipes my worries away of the coaches spoiling a favorable gamescript.

He should have a good game, as long as he quits taking himself out the game. I sigh every time I see him wave to the sidelines to replace him. He still gets the volume, but he could have gotten even more! He should be in football shape by now...

I'm rolling him out there today even in my PPR league.  I picked up Mike Wallace this week and could play him in a solid matchup, but I think Lynch should be pretty safe this week since KC has been a mess for the most part.

27 minutes ago, unk3 said:

On one hand... Sean Lee is back and oakland is just bad right now

On the other hand... they might commit more to the run and derek carr wants to redeem himself

:huh: RB2 this week or go with someone else??

RB2/3

Just hoping for a shootout, and not a DAL blowout.

14 hours ago, Bowman said:

Sean Lee being back mostly. And I am not sure how confident I am that he will get decent volume. 

Also beast mode gets a pay bonus at 800 rushing yards (currently at 619). He would need to average 60.3 yards a game get that pay day. 

I want to believe that SNF will be a good one. I just want to!

Edited by phatrat
CSB removed

I agree, it very well could be a good/great game for him if the game flow goes in his favor. I'm tentative about that because since his suspension his number of carries have been 14, 11, 26, 17 and 7. He's done a lot as of late with those carries. But Oakland doesn't have a great track record of sticking with him.

I think he's a solid flex option with upside. If I knew he'd be getting 18-20 carries, I'd be far less concerned about the Sean Lee factor.

Cowboys CB Orlando Scandrick (back) has been ruled out for Week 15.

Scandrick was always expected to miss at least two games with his back injury. The Cowboys also ruled out DL David Irving (concussion) and LB Justin Durant (concussion) for Sunday night's game.

3 guys out on dallas defense... the beast will be unleashed?