NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Marshawn Lynch 2017 Outlook

ajs723

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, eg4190 said:

I actually think the worst case scenario is that he plays 14 games and goes for 800/6, but does it in an erratic way where he busts most weeks while battling nagging injuries, but shows just enough Beast Mode flash to make him a weekly lineup consideration.  In some ways AD did his owners a favor last year -- at least you knew not to play him after he went down in Week 2.

Could pull a Forte last year.  Start out strong.  You wonder if you should sell high but you decide not to.  Then week 7 he starts to break down but still tries to play through a groin strain.  Weeks 7-12 are just extremely mediocre and timesharing with other RBs until finally your trade window is closed, and you can never really feel comfortable starting him and so he's just taking space in your roster all year.

This could even be worse than Charles -- a 2nd round pick who wasted roster space all year but at least you could drop him in week 8.  I mean, Lynch could be a 3rd pick but could take up space on the roster all year, and worse you might actually start him and get a dud.  Charles you at least knew not to start.

I don't think things will be this bad, but if the price is really the 3rd round I'll let someone else pay the price to find out.  Give me Ware or Crowell over Lynch in a heartbeat.

Edited by Lord_Varys

2 hours ago, Lord_Varys said:

Could pull a Forte last year.  Start out strong.  You wonder if you should sell high but you decide not to.  Then week 7 he starts to break down but still tries to play through a groin strain.  Weeks 7-12 are just extremely mediocre and timesharing with other RBs until finally your trade window is closed, and you can never really feel comfortable starting him and so he's just taking space in your roster all year.

This could even be worse than Charles -- a 2nd round pick who wasted roster space all year but at least you could drop him in week 8.  I mean, Lynch could be a 3rd pick but could take up space on the roster all year, and worse you might actually start him and get a dud.  Charles you at least knew not to start.

I don't think things will be this bad, but if the price is really the 3rd round I'll let someone else pay the price to find out.  Give me Ware or Crowell over Lynch in a heartbeat.

Regarding Forte, he had broken down by Week 3.  The Jets "braintrust" gave Forte 62 touches in the first two games.  On top of that, Forte became more injured as the year wore on, so he wasn't in peak condition for the "easy" part of the Jets schedule.

Lynch has the benefit of taking some time off to get healthy, but who knows if that time off helped or hurt.  In addition Forte was fairly cheap (5th round).   I think Lynch will sneak into the top 25 picks if he has a good pre-season, and I'm not sure the risk-reward on picking him early is a good investment.

In addition, I wonder how well Lynch will do without Tom Cable?  Lynch didn't flourish in the NFL until he got to Seattle and caught on to Cable's scheme.  Buffalo Marshawn Lynch would be a very bad fantasy investment.

On the flipside, he's going to a team that had a very good offense last season.

1 hour ago, Iron-cock said:

I think Lynch will sneak into the top 25 picks if he has a good pre-season, and I'm not sure the risk-reward on picking him early is a good investment.

I have to chuckle...  Everyone, with few exceptions, is saying how they won't touch him in the 2nd or 3rd round... but also that they think his ADP will get this high anyways.

Reminds me of the great quote from Yogi Berra: "No one goes there anymore, it's too crowded."

I personally will be surprised if his ADP is in the 3rd round when all's said and done.  But time will tell.  He hasn't even signed yet, anyways.

Edited by Lord_Varys

5 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

I have to chuckle...  Everyone, with few exceptions, is saying how they won't touch him in the 2nd or 3rd round... but also that they think his ADP will get this high anyways.

Reminds me of the great quote from Yogi Berra: "No one goes there anymore, it's too crowded."

I personally will be surprised if his ADP is in the 3rd round when all's said and done.  But time will tell.  He hasn't even signed yet, anyways.

Quantify third round.  I'm curious what pick number you think is his ceiling if he has a good preseason. 

11 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

I think it's safe to assume that Rotoworld doesn't represent 100% of the FF community.  I am in the same boat...will not touch him until Round 3 or so, however, we all know there are a few league mates that will pull the trigger before that because of name value.  I can think of 1-2 guys in my league that aren't very intelligent, and would definitely take Marshawn higher than should be.

Just now, Iron-cock said:

Quantify third round.  I'm curious what pick number you think is his ceiling if he has a good preseason. 

Dangerous right now but for giggles and sh-ts.  12-man standard wild-a**-guess at ADPs:

1: DJ, Bell, Zeke, AB, Julio, Evans, ODB, McCoy, Murray, Freeman, Gordon, Green

2: Jordy, Howard, Ajayi, Gronk, Dez, M Thomas, Cooks, Ingram, Hyde, Hilton, Gurley, Miller

3: Rodgers, Cooper, Hopkins, Robinson, Baldwin, CJA, Ware, Brady ....

I could see Lynch filtering in right here if he has a good pre-season.  But here are all the other names that could also filter into those final 4 spots:

D Adams, Tyreek, AP, K Allen, Jeffery, Lacy, Latavius, Brees, Watkins, Demaryius, Crabtree, Edelman, Luck, Jarvis, Crowell, Coleman, Montgomery... Fournette, Cook, Mixon if their landing spots are right.

I understand that an average fantasy player might see the name, and the offensive situation, and take a stab here.  But I think there's a LOT of players who could just as easily squeeze in, that the final ADP will probably settle into the middle of the 4th round.

Again, who knows at this point, just guessing.

* disclaimer these are not my rankings, ADP projections, favorite players, any of that.  Again just a wild a** guess at filling in ADPs to see where Lynch might fall.

10 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Dangerous right now but for giggles and sh-ts.  12-man standard wild-a**-guess at ADPs:

1: DJ, Bell, Zeke, AB, Julio, Evans, ODB, McCoy, Murray, Freeman, Gordon, Green

2: Jordy, Howard, Ajayi, Gronk, Dez, M Thomas, Cooks, Ingram, Hyde, Hilton, Gurley, Miller

3: Rodgers, Cooper, Hopkins, Robinson, Baldwin, CJA, Ware, Brady ....

I could see Lynch filtering in right here if he has a good pre-season.  But here are all the other names that could also filter into those final 4 spots:

D Adams, Tyreek, AP, K Allen, Jeffery, Lacy, Latavius, Brees, Watkins, Demaryius, Crabtree, Edelman, Luck, Jarvis, Crowell, Coleman, Montgomery... Fournette, Cook, Mixon if their landing spots are right.

I understand that an average fantasy player might see the name, and the offensive situation, and take a stab here.  But I think there's a LOT of players who could just as easily squeeze in, that the final ADP will probably settle into the middle of the 4th round.

Again, who knows at this point, just guessing.

* disclaimer these are not my rankings, ADP projections, favorite players, any of that.  Again just a wild a** guess at filling in ADPs to see where Lynch might fall.

Your second round is missing LeGarette Blount :o

45 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

Your second round is missing LeGarette Blount :o

If he was back in New England and there wasn't Burkhead, I would take him ahead of Gurley.  I understand that this looks crazy but whatever.  Even then, though, his ADP wouldn't be that high so he wouldn't belong on this list.

Edited by Lord_Varys

The Boston Herald's Jeff Howe reports Marshawn Lynch has "privately expressed interest" in playing for the Patriots "if talks break off with the Raiders."   Talks between Lynch and the Raiders seem to not have much movement to them, though we would expect negotiations to pick up as we draw nearer to the draft. It's possible Lynch is floating the Patriots idea out to the media as a way to get the Raiders moving with this. It sounds like Lynch fully plans to make a comeback. He just needs the Raiders and coach Jack Del Rio to sign off on it. Apr 10 - 12:57 PM http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4186/marshawn-lynch

I'll say this, free agents or retirees, Lynch has the most underrated sense of humor 

The next stage in Marshawn Lynch's return to the NFL is underway.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Thursday the Seahawks and Raiders are expected to work out a trade for the running back, but first Lynch must re-work his contract.

Per Rapoport, Lynch's agents have permission from Seattle to talk to Oakland about adjusting his deal. If a new contract is struck, then the Seahawks and Raiders will discuss trade compensation.

insert it's happening GIF.

Sports Illustrated's Michael Silver reports the Raiders have reached a deal with Marshawn Lynch.

The Seahawks still hold Lynch's rights, so in order to join the Raiders, Seattle and Oakland will need to work out a trade. It may take a few days for the sides to agree on compensation, but Lynch to the Raiders is happening. The 30-year-old should slide in as the lead back for his hometown Raiders, but it's fair to wonder how effective he'll be after a year away from football. Lynch was tremendous in 2014 but struggled with injuries and was outplayed by rookie Thomas Rawls in 2015. Beast Mode makes for a high-risk, high-reward fantasy option.

giphy.gif

25 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

Sports Illustrated's Michael Silver reports the Raiders have reached a deal with Marshawn Lynch.

The Seahawks still hold Lynch's rights, so in order to join the Raiders, Seattle and Oakland will need to work out a trade. It may take a few days for the sides to agree on compensation, but Lynch to the Raiders is happening. The 30-year-old should slide in as the lead back for his hometown Raiders, but it's fair to wonder how effective he'll be after a year away from football. Lynch was tremendous in 2014 but struggled with injuries and was outplayed by rookie Thomas Rawls in 2015. Beast Mode makes for a high-risk, high-reward fantasy option.

giphy.gif

You just beat me to this...well nearly a half an hour ago.  I was going to post the same gif.

How's it going bud?  Glad you're back on here.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Raiders have yet to reach a deal with Marshawn Lynch.

It's an update on an earlier report. PFT's Mike Florio says the sides are "not even close." The Raiders are in the process of working out terms in Lynch's contract. Seattle will get compensation for Lynch once a deal is reached.
Related: Raiders

Apr 14 - 5:31 PM

Premature E-jubilation :wub:

In a total redraft standard LG around the 5th rd. In a ppr move him down 2-3 rds.

In a rookie/FA draft keeper lg widely varies on the the strength of my team and likelihood of winning it all. As a contender I'd go early 2nd rd behind that Raiders line. I wouldn't miss out on the consensus top 7-8 to grab him as they could produce in year one and for many thereafter.

5 hours ago, petekrum said:

At what point in a draft would you feel good taking him?

So assuming he's the unquestioned lead back...and they the other 2 as COP, 3rd downs, and the occasional series

standard- late third/fourth maybe?  After Gurley, Ajayi, Miller- but not much after.  

Ppr- 4th/5th

Wait any later than that and u have no shot to get him.   Talented guy with huge name value behind a solid young line.  12 tds is easily possible just on short scores.  

Edited by Impreza178

35 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

So assuming he's the unquestioned lead back...and they the other 2 as COP, 3rd downs, and the occasional series

standard- late third/fourth maybe?  After Gurley, Ajayi, Miller- but not much after.  

Ppr- 4th/5th

Wait any later than that and u have no shot to get him.   Talented guy with huge name value behind a solid young line.  12 tds is easily possible just on short scores.  

The raiders will definitely be in quite a few scoring positions and their big guys up front will make it easy.  Beast gon beast. 

2 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Ppr- 4th/5th

I don't see any way he lasts that long. To many suckers out there.