NBC Sports Edge Forums

Sammy Watkins 2017 Outlook

2 minutes ago, quaglinoman said:

If they wont use him I say trade him, Giants need a WR badly. Manning will pass to him. But I still say he is a decoy which is why Gurley became relevant and they other WRs look decent.

Better a decoy than in street clothes. At least he isn't getting hit, so he can't get injured. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, GottaGetTheWin said:

How is any more valuable putting up goose eggs than if he was sitting next to me on the couch having a beer?

Really?  You don’t understand how a deep threat WR can command defensive attention and spread the field, opening things up underneath?

1 minute ago, smeeze said:

Really?  You don’t understand how a deep threat WR can command defensive attention and spread the field, opening things up underneath?

Again,  how does that do anything in fantasy.   Sure it's all good and great for the Rams and Rams fans but last I checked this wasn't the Rams Fans Forums. 

1 minute ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

Again,  how does that do anything in fantasy.   Sure it's all good and great for the Rams and Rams fans but last I checked this wasn't the Rams Fans Forums. 

Obviously it doesn’t help Watkins owners in fantasy.  I assumed something so blatantly obvious wouldn’t require any qualifiers but here we are.  Carry on.

People act like they didn't know what they were getting into. He wasn't a must start when in Buffalo either.

The season isn't even halfway over yet. Goff is a pleasant surprise. The Rams are on the rise. They are saying they will get him the ball. 

If you drafted him to rely on him you made a mistake. He's on my bench as the potential is there to see a surge. Brutal schedule though. 

11 minutes ago, Sticky2 said:

People act like they didn't know what they were getting into. He wasn't a must start when in Buffalo either.

The season isn't even halfway over yet. Goff is a pleasant surprise. The Rams are on the rise. They are saying they will get him the ball. 

If you drafted him to rely on him you made a mistake. He's on my bench as the potential is there to see a surge. Brutal schedule though. 

Exactly. At this point, he is on my bench so no one else capitalized on that eventual three game break out where you maybe play him for one of those. 

1 minute ago, boshtrich17 said:

any room in this bandwagon?? I just sold Bryant for Sammy and McKinnon. I really needed the RB depth. Bryant hasn't been a stud either so why not. 

There's always room for more on this bandwagon - just not enough Advil to suppress everyone's headache.

3 hours ago, smeeze said:

Not starting him against that JAX secondary.  Watch him catch 2TDs as the squeaky wheel gets greased.

I'm starting him in a deep league every week (14 teams, two flex, two wr).  Will be interested in DFS if his price is low on the off chance they manufacture touches for him successfully vs JAX.

1 hour ago, Sticky2 said:

Looking at his 2014 and 2015 game logs he was never this bad in Buffalo in consecutive games. Even in the bad games in Buffalo he was at least getting targets. 

1-17 on 6 targets in consecutive weeks is just dreadful. Basically 2 straight goose eggs for his owners.

1 hour ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

How is any more valuable putting up goose eggs than if he was sitting next to me on the couch having a beer?

Sorry for the misunderstanding.  I meant him being a decoy was better for the TEAM, as compared to be in street clothes Injured. Opposing teams have to respect him because they know he once was a stud. 

Of course, him getting goose eggs doesn't help the owners. 

2 hours ago, afl5013 said:

Don't abandon ship yet. I truly believe this will get fixed.

He'll never be a consistent WR in this offense, but I think a floor around 6-7 with a few boom games is what we're going to be looking at in a few weeks.

Well, we just saw his floor...

The best news for us Watkins owners is that the Rams lost last week, so they can't just tell Watkins to suck it up...they need to change what they're doing. 

19 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

The best news for us Watkins owners is that the Rams lost last week, so they can't just tell Watkins to suck it up...they need to change what they're doing. 

Yea, and it's not very encouraging that Watkins has the same floor as a retired NFL receiver. 

3 hours ago, Juke said:

There's always room for more on this bandwagon - just not enough Advil to suppress everyone's headache.

Yeah Im excited to scoop him up over bryant. Im just going to play his matchups and he's my wr3 so i don't mind having some boom or bust weeks from that spot. Im thinking of sitting him this week tho despite the squeaky wheel treatment, I really want to start Gabriel in ATL with Sanu out and fresh off the bye week. 

14 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Well that's why I said what I think his floor will be after a few more weeks, not what it is currently...

Mcvay knows he needs to create more opportunities for Watkins, therefore we shouldn't see a repeat of this past week for the rest of the season. At least that's what I keep telling myself as a Rams fan.  

The thing for me is, Sammy can be great, not a QB dependent QB like the true stars are, Sammy can be amazing with a 3rd string slinging it to him. His only weakness had even been being made of glass. He can easily be an AJ Green if allowed, but he NEEDS THE BALL

Till I see the QB look his way more than 2 times again he is planted on the bench.

Edited by quaglinoman