NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tyreek Hill 2017 Season Outlook

55 minutes ago, Panthor said:

anyone confirm that Hill and Norman play opposite sides of hte field?

Can't remember where I read it but Norman plays left side of defense and he does not shadow.  Tyreek has only been on that side about 50% of his routes this year.  KC moves him around so could even see less than that this week.  Last week his TD started from left offensive side and it was a play called specifically targeting him.

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On the money...wish I had seen ur post before I started Hogan over him... ?

Posted Images

On 29/09/2017 at 5:49 PM, audiophilestyle said:

he will likely blow up for all you guys starting him now that he's on my bench.

I don't want to jynx that possibility by even thinking about it, but that would be pretty awesome. Does your prediction also include Kirk Cousins getting negative yardage?

Edited by Boudewijn

a little disheartening and could see Reek asking for the ball during the game - anyone smarter get a better read on the game?

It looked like a few play action deep balls were set up but Smith was either hurried or sacked. It's good to see him still being featured on short passes to help elevate the pain on games like this, also looked like he was the best option on a few option reads. 

23 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

a little disheartening and could see Reek asking for the ball during the game - anyone smarter get a better read on the game?

It looked like a few play action deep balls were set up but Smith was either hurried or sacked. It's good to see him still being featured on short passes to help elevate the pain on games like this, also looked like he was the best option on a few option reads. 

Spot on, I saw exactly what you saw. Was waiting for him to catch the big one, but Smith never had the time.

Reek will have his games but yesterday was geared more towards Kelce which is fine...at least this will keep defenses honest and not solely focused on Reek...I like the fact that Wilson is stepping up too

4 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Will probably have a huge week next week, I’m expecting a lot of inconsistency just due to Andy Ried’s erratic play calling. 

I dunno, given how little time Smith had to throw this week, I can't imagine him having more when faced with Watt/Clowney.

Chiefs right guard LDT (not gonna bother trying to spell that) is out for a few weeks after that nasty injury yesterday.

Edited by omnom1337

Tyreek spent a lot of time on the sidelines tonight.  He was in for a play action end-around that sprung Hunt nicely but then on the sidelines on the next play (maybe 2 plays later) when fellow little speedy man WR De'Anthony Thomas got the end-around and scored.  He and Smith didn't connect for two shots in the endzone one where Tyreek didn't track the ball/know it was coming but it might have been a bit overthrown and then a second where Smith overthrew him.  I get the feeling that KC wants a more normal wr1 that can be physical with a corner blocking for Hunt on the outside.  I think KC's lead was a factor in his playtime tonight too.  I wonder if Reid would love to bring in DJax as a more polished but slightly slower speedster.

13 hours ago, Most Guruist said:

fellow little speedy man WR De'Anthony Thomas got the end-around and scored. 

As a Chiefs fan, I can count on more than two hands the number of times that Tyreek has been in on the jet sweep / end-around and not gotten the ball.

I can also flip someone off and simultaneously be showing the number of times that DeAnthony has been in on the jet sweep / end-around and gotten the ball.

Pretty annoying.

Also he hurt himself a bit on one of the punt returns (before the one that went for a TD), so he may have been resting a bit more than usual. Will definitely need him to step up with Conley's injury.

He played 46/77 snaps.  Snap count on the season: 72%, 88%, 73%, 76%, and 59%.  Still rocking a 75% reception rate.  Tied for 18th in receptions and 25th in targets one game up on 8 teams.

eta- Conley was in for 68/77 snaps.

Edited by Most Guruist
57 minutes ago, Most Guruist said:

He played 46/77 snaps.  Snap count on the season: 72%, 88%, 73%, 76%, and 59%.  Still rocking a 75% reception rate.  Tied for 18th in receptions and 25th in targets one game up on 8 teams.

eta- Conley was in for 68/77 snaps.

so last night was game flow for the lower snap count?

3 minutes ago, stevekerr01 said:

so last night was game flow for the lower snap count?

I'm not really sure what to think of it.  As omnom said he got dinged.  My gut says Reid recognizes Hill is an asset and will keep getting him touches but that Reid is confident in his player's ability to win their matchups and will play more phsyical football for parts of the game, limiting Hill's overall opportunities with a lower snap count.  I have to see more games though.

He's never going to be a true volume receiver in Reid's offense.  He isn't their Edelman/Welker.  He is fairly reliant on big plays to score, since they don't force-feed him the ball especially in red-zone situations.  Treat him as a gadget player that gets to be on the field a whole lot more than gadget players usually are - and gadget players are ALWAYS relying on the big play for fantasy relevance.

I traded him for Cooks, then flipped Cooks for Stafford after Cam was melting down (QB-heavy league).  I wouldn't hate to have him as my FLEX, but I think there are likely better options in 0.5 PPR and Standard or TD-heavy leagues.  Devin Funchess, as an example.

I've never seen people worry so much about the fact that a guy consistently makes big plays. Don't worry about the volume... he gets it more than gadget level guys like Tavon Austin, or deep threat only guys like Tedd Ginn, yet he still only needs 1 play to win the week and he does it fairly consistently. Chances are you drafted him as a WR2/3/FLEX anyway... his floor is the Washington game and in PPR or half PPR that was still totally usable. Just enjoy having an ace-in-the-hole WR3 that can win you your week in a way few players can. He's not done scoring 75+ yarders

3 minutes ago, beerfish said:

I just wish they would get him back on KR like last year if they don't plan on using him that much on offense. Although I guess you can't really argue with the fact that they are undefeated doing exactly what they are doing.

Still housing punt returns