NBC Sports Edge Forums

Cam Newton 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

It's true.  Everyone needs a PS, and Cam's started Game 1.

Why don't folks just use common sense when evaluating a guy?

Or they just need to play NE who has  given up 300+ passing to all QBs and the most points so far this year. 

Edited by Asian Sensation

The tilt with Detroit, and next week's home game versus Philly, are rough, but Cam has some nice match-ups on the horizon (@ CHI, @ TB, v. ATL, v. MIA, @ NYJ, @ NO), including a favorable FF post season schedule IMO (all home games against MN, GB and TB).  It's risky given Cam's cold start, but I am jumping on board now that his pre-season is officially past him.   

I have no other option in my league.

i have Cam and only other player in the WW is dalton vs buffalo. Unless I want to take a risk on Brisett vs sf. 

Think I'll take my chances with cam this week. 

It's time to belive. When everyone else doubts him. 

Cam is still scoring with his legs (2 scores in the last 2 weeks) and likely to accumulate 25-40 yards on the ground every game.  As long as the offense keeps moving, he should be serviceable, if not down right impactful, each week.  And I like his schedule after the next two weeks.    

Anywhooo...I'm firing up Cam and hope for the best this week. I'm glad Carolina finally let him be himself instead of trying to put him in a box as strictly a pocket passer.

Duo threat and dynamic QB is in his DNA.

So who's rolling him out this week?  I needed a QB for Cousins' bye and almost every streaming option has a terrible matchup this week. I just couldn't do Dalton. It would be nice to accidentally get 2015-Cam for free but I'll settle for one good performance.  Is the Pats D that bad or is Cam just shaking off the rust?

1 minute ago, eg4190 said:

So who's rolling him out this week?  I needed a QB for Cousins' bye and almost every streaming option has a terrible matchup this week. I just couldn't do Dalton. It would be nice to accidentally get 2015-Cam for free but I'll settle for one good performance.  Is the Pats D that bad or is Cam just shaking off the rust?

The Pats D is dead last in just about every category, so, yeah, they are that bad.

2 minutes ago, dre said:

The Pats D is dead last in just about every category, so, yeah, they are that bad.

Yeah but they also started the season playing against three high-powered offenses, and one struggling offense (the Panthers). It's not like they got lit up by the Jets.

11 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

I am! I had the exact same problem. I picked up dalton so I could stream him but decided I'd try my luck with cam this week. 

Tyrod taylor is a decent option as well but I decided to go all in on cam. Every time I sit him he goes off ?

I'm hoping for a lot of dump offs to McCaffrey. The lions defense is pretty bad against pass catching backs. That should help cam a lot 

[A bunch of off-topic chatter / arguing removed.  This is a forum for discussion of fantasy football, not a place to comment on extracurricular BS.  If the extracurricular BS affects the game in some tangible way, then find a way to discuss it without including your scorching hot take on unrelated matters.]

14 hours ago, mrfrood said:

I liked seeing Winston not go god mode against Patriots. Cam looked like his old self last game. I think he will pick up where he left off last week. 

Lions defense scares me and Cam sure won't put up numbers similar to last week (4 TD's last week)

25 minutes ago, ShowStopper said:

Cam Newton with two strong games now... And this was is very telling considering experts said this was a tough match up against a stingy and vicious Lions defense. 

The lions def looked lost and confused out there today