NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Cam Newton 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, lolcopter said:

Sucks because he has the Saints next week and will probably still look awful

I wouldn't doubt it.  Something is definitely off.  Now Olsen is out for probably 6 games.

Edited by raltherr

2 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Sucks because he has the Saints next week and will probably still look awful

He hasn't looked right for about 16 straight games now. That's a huge problem. I'm not risking it if I even have close to a better option. It seems to me that a low of Cam owners also have a guy like Cutler or Stafford on their teams. Both of those guys are much better plays next week.

I was at the Week 2 game last year against SF. That's about the last time he looked good.

Edited by Br0kenB

2 minutes ago, petekrum said:

The road to championships is paved with smart owners picking up foolish owners drops.

but is this really a foolish drop? jets qb did pretty good against buffalo week 1. I don't want to drop him but he has hurt my time both weeks...should I just keep being patient?

5 minutes ago, kdpat15 said:

but is this really a foolish drop? jets qb did pretty good against buffalo week 1. I don't want to drop him but he has hurt my time both weeks...should I just keep being patient?

Key word is "drop". There is something called a bench while you wait for him to work things out. With no Olsen, that may not happen, but he still has value playing the match-ups with another QB on your roster. I agree with you btw. Something is terribly off with him, but outright dropping? Not yet.

Edited by nonstopfan

Just now, nonstopfan said:

Key word is "drop". There is something called a bench while you wait for him to work things out. With no Olsen, that may not happen, but he still have value playing the match-ups with another QB on your roster. I agree with you btw. Something is terribly off with him, but outright dropping?

haha I know I agree with you..im just so frustrated at this point being a Carolina fan and having Cam on my team. At this point he has missed 3 wide open TD's this season and it seems to be getting progressively worse.

22 minutes ago, kdpat15 said:

haha I know I agree with you..im just so frustrated at this point being a Carolina fan and having Cam on my team. At this point he has missed 3 wide open TD's this season and it seems to be getting progressively worse.

I would try to have patience, it's a long season and this guy was a beast two years ago. Remember this is still essentially preseason for him.

cam has one of the softest schedules against qb's (ranked second easiest by fantasy pros) as long as Cam stays healthy he should get better week to week, these first couple of weeks he is still getting a feel for the offense. Also, even though he has run less and less, his rushing does help raise his floor. At this point I'm looking at a buy low candidate. 

7 minutes ago, coffey22 said:

cam has one of the softest schedules against qb's (ranked second easiest by fantasy pros) as long as Cam stays healthy he should get better week to week, these first couple of weeks he is still getting a feel for the offense. Also, even though he has run less and less, his rushing does help raise his floor. At this point I'm looking at a buy low candidate. 

Feels like last year all over again with him though, he had so many juicy matches last year and put up pathetic numbers, I want to play him vs NO but I'm expecting disappointment 

I'm sticking with my boy Cam this week. I've watched every snap the past couple weeks and good god, I can honestly say that I could've completed that TD pass to McCaffrey. His inconsistency has been maddening. If he can't get it done against the Saints, then I'll be sending him to the bench. I think he will erupt eventually

1 minute ago, kdpat15 said:

this is his last chance on my roster... I lucked out and picked up Siemian and im honestly thinking of starting him over Cam even this week and this is coming from a Charlotte native and Carolina fan.... SMDH

I would not start Siemen on the road against a tough Buff defense. Did you see what they did to Cam last week? 6 sacks.