NBC Sports Edge Forums

Cam Newton 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

So if he can't get it going against the lowly Saints anyone rage dropping?

I don't know about rage dropping but I'll sure as hell be trying my best to rage trade his a** just so I don't have to watch Joe Flacco on my bench outscore him more weeks than not all year last year and first 2 weeks of this one.  

This is his last chance for me. I'll be dropping if he can't light up the Saints. 

As bad as he's looked, the numbers "should have" been decent if he just hits two wide open WRs, Dickson in W1 and CM at the GL in W2. 

Heading into the season, much was made about his easy schedule. I think that actually may be a detriment. Case and point week 1 when Carolina blew out SF. Panthers didn't need Newton that much and they may not need him against inferior opponents, thus limiting his upside as they ride the D and run game

I had hopes (despite being a Falcons fan...so his fall from grace is a bitter sweet pill) that he would recapture some of his 2015 magic, but wow...he's no bueno. 

Over his last 8 games (6 in 2016 & 2 in 2017) he's avg 14.6 PPG. That's unrosterable. During that period he's avg 212 passing ypg and 15 rushing...yuck. 

If he shows something Sunday I will continue to roll, but if he throws out a stinker in this, he's gone. 

(PS: This means all other Cam owners hold. I dropped RWilson last year after week 8 [after a game vs the Saints humorously enuff], then I got to face him in the championship game...soooo)

I'm not using Cam until I see how he plays without Olson. However, I'm never dropping him. Just benching permanently.

But he is bad right now and he has been bad for over a year. I'd love to swing a trade for Siemian but I was denied yesterday in doing that.

If he doesn't step up, its time to move on ... saints CBs out 

INJURIES FOR WEEK 3

Zach Strief T Knee Did Not Participate In Practice Out
Terron Armstead T Shoulder Did Not Participate In Practice Out
Marshon Lattimore CB Concussion Did Not Participate In Practice Out
Sterling Moore CB Chest Limited Participation in Practice Out

There are so many questions with him right now. How does he play without Olsen, his go to guy for the last few seasons? Is he really this bad or is he just still trying to get comfortable out there after surgery and a non-existent preseason? Can he take advantage of a depleted, already bad, Saints defense that has given up the most yards and points against through 2 weeks? I’m willing to give him a shot this week in both leagues I own him and am not expecting him to go off, though I wouldn’t be upset if he did. My hope is that he can go for 250+ yards with 2 TDs and no turnovers. If he can do that I’ll have more confidence in him moving forward. 

1 hour ago, BostonCajun said:

There are so many questions with him right now. How does he play without Olsen, his go to guy for the last few seasons? Is he really this bad or is he just still trying to get comfortable out there after surgery and a non-existent preseason? Can he take advantage of a depleted, already bad, Saints defense that has given up the most yards and points against through 2 weeks? I’m willing to give him a shot this week in both leagues I own him and am not expecting him to go off, though I wouldn’t be upset if he did. My hope is that he can go for 250+ yards with 2 TDs and no turnovers. If he can do that I’ll have more confidence in him moving forward. 

he's been off to a slow start for sure, but at least he's been taking care of the football and not turning it over

I'm hoping for a good game so:

a) I can get a win. 

2) I can package him with a RB or WR and get a top 5 RoS QB. (Not sure who's on that list yet other than the obvious ones).

Even last week when I was watching, that nice run of his, almost looked like a mistake, like he fell back in away from the defender on the sideline. And every time he got hit I was afraid that was it...He used to be a machine, he would get hit and you'd wonder how he could still be running or standing...I don't get that off him anymore. 

Maybe this is the week we see a glimmer of 2015 Cam...

On 9/23/2017 at 7:31 AM, lolcopter said:

ESPN’s #4 ranked QB this week... so he’ll finish right in the 12-15 area probably

On 9/23/2017 at 10:26 AM, lolcopter said:

he's been off to a slow start for sure, but at least he's been taking care of the football and not turning it over

disappointed.jpg