NBC Sports Edge Forums

Sean Manaea 2017 Outlook

6 hours ago, Random Dude said:

Next matchup: Houston! Another great one for us...

I started home at OAK vs HOU and got about what I expected,  no way I'm rolling the dice @HOU though. He's got the stuff to have another QS but who knows.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, tonywow said:

I started home at OAK vs HOU and got about what I expected,  no way I'm rolling the dice @HOU though. He's got the stuff to have another QS but who knows.

If Springer is still out next week, I'm starting Manaea without hesitation.  With the state of pitching this year, I trust Manaea even in a tough matchup more than I trust pretty much anyone else on my team.

12 hours ago, mehtavg2000 said:

If Springer is still out next week, I'm starting Manaea without hesitation.  With the state of pitching this year, I trust Manaea even in a tough matchup more than I trust pretty much anyone else on my team.

Yup, hes my #2/3 behind Verlander/Paxton. No way he siots any week. Plus in a weekly league he gets 2 starts the second being at hom against Atlanta. starting with confidence. 

So who's got the stones to roll him out there tonight?  I will be, because I'm an idiot.  If he can scrape together a QS I'll be happy, not really expecting a W.

7 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

So who's got the stones to roll him out there tonight?  I will be, because I'm an idiot.  If he can scrape together a QS I'll be happy, not really expecting a W.

Carrasco and Berrios gave up 12 earned runs yesterday... got nothing to lose! 

honestly though, as much as I like Manaea, if my ratios weren't destroyed, this is one of the rare instances where I'd bench him.

Springer/Altuve/Correa and the gang versus a lefty at home, is about as terrifying as it gets.  

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS
6 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

Carrasco and Berrios gave up 12 earned runs yesterday... got nothing to lose! 

honestly though, as much as I like Manaea, if my ratios weren't destroyed, this is one of the rare instances where I'd bench him.

Springer/Altuve/Correa and the gang versus a lefty at home, is about as terrifying as it gets.  

Berrios club right here.  They pull him after 6, and we're sitting Manaea today.  What a tangled web we weave.

Today's lineup

Springer

Altuve

Correa

Gattis

McCann (L)

Yuli

Marwin (S)

Bregman

Marisnick

It's the same lineup HOU ran at him on 6/21 except Aoki is out and Marwin is in.

I'm rolling w/ him tonight in a QS league.  See him having abt a 45% chance of going 6IP w/ <= 3ER.  Close enough to a coinflip for me given his performance so far.  Also, my h2h opponent is running CMart @ARI which could go off the tracks just as easily.  (plus it helps to have the ultimate ratio fixer going later this week to mop this up if it goes the wrong way).

GL to those of us who start him!  

You guy's make me feel like starting him now after reading up here. If he sucks tonight, I know who to blame lol. 

I had Davis implode against WAS, Berrios give up 4 ERs, and my opponent has a lot of SPs to roll out this week. If I don't start him I could miss a QS or some decent Ks possible ok ratio help. I definitely don't see a win but hoping he limits the damage again. 

23 minutes ago, tonywow said:

You guy's make me feel like starting him now after reading up here. If he sucks tonight, I know who to blame lol. 

I had Davis implode against WAS, Berrios give up 4 ERs, and my opponent has a lot of SPs to roll out this week. If I don't start him I could miss a QS or some decent Ks possible ok ratio help. I definitely don't see a win but hoping he limits the damage again. 

I just traded him.I wouldn't wish any harm on anyone,but if he ate some bad shellfish and crapped half his body weight out and missed ROS,well I'm OK with that.

6 minutes ago, borindia said:

In line for the W up by 4 but got removed with 2 men on base at 96 pitches.  Needed one more out to get the QS.  What gives?

He allowed the lead runner on base in every inning but one. 1 ER looks nice, but he didn't have his best stuff today.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, benturn22 said:

thanks for nothing, Oakland Defence.  Brutal.

No kidding. Btwn KDavis weak a** arm in LF, Lowrie bungling a 6-4-3 DP that would have saved 2ER (and abt 20PC) and RDavis taking forever to throw the ball in allowing old man Cano to tag up and score. Just miserable. 

Doesnt help that Manaea can't find the edge of the zone either.  Ugh. 

21 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

and there goes the quality start

Is my mlb.tv really that far behind? It's still the top of the 6th for me..

It is worth noting that for me in Yahoo the score is changing back and forth from 4-2 to 3-2.

Edited by SwayzeExpress