NBC Sports Edge Forums

Sean Manaea 2017 Outlook

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's quiet in here because a lot of people have dropped him. But I am not privileged enough to have ww replacements so I still own him everywhere.

He was supposed to start today, right? His start has been pushed back to Saturday vs TEX with no explanation yet.

42 minutes ago, SwayzeExpress said:

Maybe it's quiet in here because a lot of people have dropped him. But I am not privileged enough to have ww replacements so I still own him everywhere.

He was supposed to start today, right? His start has been pushed back to Saturday vs TEX with no explanation yet.

Total speculation but he got murdered vs Baltimore a couple weeks ago. Maybe that plays into the decision.

Edited by fletch44

The ESPN blurb says he's been suffering from diminished velocity and that's why his start was pushed back.  He only pitched 5 the last 4 are scoreless.  OAK will baby him the rest of way making tough to roster him.  Where can I check his velocity today.?

• 2 weeks later...

Watching him as I decided to start him against my better judgment in ESPN due to it being the playoffs and needing to maintain in K's.  Right now seeing continued 91-93. He's locating his FB and his slider showing much better movement, esp. vertical.  

Have not seen him go to his change yet. 

ETA if you go to Fangraphs, you can see how he has adjusted to losing 2ish MPH on FB by decreasing CH velocity correspondingly.

15873_P_CH_20170901__pi.png

Edited by STLSU
Add Fangraph Pitch Chart
  • 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, the real donny baseball said:

Not much on the wire,gotta grab the turds in H2H playoffs or die.

It sucks to be in this position. I'm there and am streaming him tomorrow. He is a great option though based on what's available. Stephenson, Richards (questionable if you need a win or QS). Not much better choices. 

Outside of of his last outing he had 4 straight QS. Shutdown the Angels completely two weeks ago. 

Its about your needs though. Are you streaming for Strikeouts? I think Stephenson is the guy tomorrow for that. 

I like manaea for those needing QS, W, and a good ratio outing.

9 hours ago, Choo on Wieters said:

It sucks to be in this position. I'm there and am streaming him tomorrow. He is a great option though based on what's available. Stephenson, Richards (questionable if you need a win or QS). Not much better choices. 

Outside of of his last outing he had 4 straight QS. Shutdown the Angels completely two weeks ago. 

Its about your needs though. Are you streaming for Strikeouts? I think Stephenson is the guy tomorrow for that. 

I like manaea for those needing QS, W, and a good ratio outing.

I should be good on K's,I'm tied 7-7 in W's.Gotta chase that elusive W.Both me and my opponent in that league each have 5 dubious waiver wire emergency trash starters Sunday.

Edited by the real donny baseball
2 hours ago, william said:

is he going today? I just got an alert from Yahoo that he's D2D

scratched

Sean Manaea has been scratched from his scheduled start Saturday against the Rangers due to a back issue.

Manaea called the issue "minor" and said he expects to make one more start before the end of the regular season. Raul Alcantara will take the mound in his place Saturday versus Texas.