NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kenta Maeda 2017 Outlook

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, KarlJ. said:

I though the plan was to get this guy into a game in relief either yesterday or today.  Maybe they are considering moving back into the rotation instead?

Good call.

Kenta Maeda - S - LA

Kenta Maeda will start Sunday against the Reds.
The Dodgers recently began a stretch of 20 games in 20 days, so manager Dave Roberts wanted to give his starters an extra day of rest. Maeda was removed from the starting rotation last week to make room for Alex Wood. The right-hander has gone 4-3 with a 5.16 ERA over 10 starts this season. Jun. 15 - 4:17 pm et
Source: Andy McCullough on Twitter

2 hours ago, absknicks said:

A lot of his peripherals are actually better than last year... he was just dropped in my 15-teamer so I added him. Worth a shot.

Which ones? I just looked and his siera, fip, and xfip were all better last season

8 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Which ones? I just looked and his siera, fip, and xfip were all better last season

K/9 slightly ahead of last season. Hard hit % down from 29 to 25%. Contact% down from 74.5% to 69.3% while BB/9 have remained about the same. SwStr% up from 11.6% to 14.5%. 

I think his HR/9 is a bit inflated right now and that's dragging down the overall numbers. I have to admit though I haven't watched any of his starts live so I'm hesitant to dig my feet in, it's more of a guy I just happened to dig a bit deeper into and noticed some interesting things. 

5 minutes ago, absknicks said:

K/9 slightly ahead of last season. Hard hit % down from 29 to 25%. Contact% down from 74.5% to 69.3% while BB/9 have remained about the same. SwStr% up from 11.6% to 14.5%. 

I think his HR/9 is a bit inflated right now and that's dragging down the overall numbers. I have to admit though I haven't watched any of his starts live so I'm hesitant to dig my feet in, it's more of a guy I just happened to dig a bit deeper into and noticed some interesting things. 

...which is why he's so frustrating to own/roster.

You can't put those peripherals on the waiver wire.

1 hour ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

...which is why he's so frustrating to own/roster.

You can't put those peripherals on the waiver wire.

He's got us by the balls. I can't drop but I'm not getting nothing on my investment yet. There is 3 1/2 months left so he might be a vital asset in the 2nd half. Lets just hope that he makes this worth our wild. 

3 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

OK. Maeda's at 78 pitches through five IP, got a 5-1 lead...pinch hit for?

I could rationalize the other early exits. This one's got me stumped.

Makes no sense Roberts is an idiot

2 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

OK. Maeda's at 78 pitches through five IP, got a 5-1 lead...pinch hit for?

I could rationalize the other early exits. This one's got me stumped.

I've learned that with Dave Roberts, you might as well throw rationality out the window.  

My theory, some of the owners who paid a few bill for the team who don't know much about baseball are dangling Roberts like a puppet.

9 hours ago, dundeeslugger said:

have no clue if he is a reg starter or what the hell he is. sucks in set roster leagues.

agreed. weekly leaguers are kinda screwed... does he start or no?

FWIW fantrax shows him starting on Sat. against COL

Edited by osb_tensor