NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kenta Maeda 2017 Outlook

2 minutes ago, street sharks said:

I take it you just looked at the final line and didn't see the actual game lol

Actually yeah I didn't see the game. I just checked my fantasy team's ERA and Whip and looked at who caused it and lo and behold it's the guy I just activated a few hours ago

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries from me.  His 3 starts before the DL stint were very good.  Gotta be rusty after not pitching for 15 days (I don't think he had a rehab start, right?).  Plus obviously his last season was borderline brilliant.  Don't have a 2-second memory, guys.

3 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

No worries from me.  His 3 starts before the DL stint were very good.  Gotta be rusty after not pitching for 15 days (I don't think he had a rehab start, right?).  Plus obviously his last season was borderline brilliant.  Don't have a 2-second memory, guys.

He did have a rehab start... but anyway I agree with you I'm not worried either. And I watched the game first couple innings he was rusty but he settled down and was fine 

For those that follow Gamecast instead of watching their hurlers take the bump, let me offer this observation.

Pitch count is at 10 in top of 1st with no outs.  Men on first and second.

Have faith:  Maeda and Grandal just combined on a strike em out throw em out that was missed when the home plate umpire called ball 4 on Maeda's perfectly-placed 3-2 payoff pitch 

2 minutes ago, East Tennessee Clutch said:

For those that follow Gamecast instead of watching their hurlers take the bump, let me offer this observation.

Have faith:  Maeda and Grandal just combined on a strike em out throw em out that was missed when the home plate umpire called ball 4 on Maeda's perfectly-placed 3-2 payoff pitch 

thanks for the updates, but this is still ugly.....

2 minutes ago, East Tennessee Clutch said:

And we just witnessed some little league defense. To allow both runners to advance and one to score. My god.

3 minutes ago, street sharks said:

It's not Maeda's fault at all. The umpire missed a blatant strike three that would have resulted in two outs.

yeah i get it....unfortunately doesnt help ease the whipping we are all taking.  fingers crossed he shuts em out the rest of the way like last time.

25 minutes ago, Gumbo_Ghost said:

He got jobbed HARD.

Ump misses strike 3, grandal throws up Fowler... double play.

But the umpiring in baseball is horrible and its 1st and 2nd no outs. And then they throw it around

31 minutes ago, ktierne3 said:

Maeda actually looks ok despite the score

yep... blown strike 3 call leads to runners on third.

horrendous Little League defense.

Molina hits a soft grounder that practically oozes into center field.

If you are just box score watching, don't make any rash decisions based on this. 

as William insinuated, I think this is just the Baseball Gods giving a spanking 

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS

Whats up with the umpires missing so many calls on the Dodgers?   I watch a lot of baseball on MLB.tv and I see pretty much every team play week to week and I have never seen a team get so many calls go the wrong way like I do against the Dodgers.  It really is strange.

I watched a little of the game, definitely had some strikes not called his way. You could see he was upset as he was walking around grinning in disgust.