NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kenta Maeda 2017 Outlook

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, chud12 said:

If you didn't cut him already, well...

Kenta Maeda will work in a piggyback relief role this weekend against the Reds. 
src: J.P. Hoornstra

Im holding for a minute.  Given Roberts and his use of the DL, he could be back in the rotation next week.

Maeda will not make his scheduled start Saturday and will move to the bullpen, Ken Gurnick of MLB.com reports.

Contrary to prior reports, the Dodgers will cast Maeda off of the rotation to allow Alex Wood (shoulder) and Hyun-Jin Ryu to be in the rotation moving forward. Wood and Ryu will start Saturday' and Sunday's contest, respectively, although Maeda is expected to piggyback either Rich Hill or Wood on Friday or Saturday. This doesn't seem to be a permanent move, but manager Dave Roberts seems to be intent on keeping the top performers in the rotation at a given time, meaning Maeda seems to be locked in as a bullpen piece until another rotation member falters or gets injured.

21 minutes ago, chud12 said:

If you didn't cut him already, well...

Kenta Maeda will work in a piggyback relief role this weekend against the Reds. 
src: J.P. Hoornstra

So... Maeda will come in after about 4 innings, pitch another 4 and be the guy in line for the win? This is great news. 

35 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

So... Maeda will come in after about 4 innings, pitch another 4 and be the guy in line for the win? This is great news. 

Sounds about right, Roberts wasn't keeping him in long enough to get any wins as a starter. Maybe he's trying to get him a W this way.

Im still holding, guy has pedigree as someone who knows how to pitch.  Unless im missing some peripherals that are showing a significant regression this year, I think he'll turn it around.

5 minutes ago, Donkey Doolittle said:

Sounds about right, Roberts wasn't keeping him in long enough to get any wins as a starter. Maybe he's trying to get him a W this way.

Im still holding, guy has pedigree as someone who knows how to pitch.  Unless im missing some peripherals that are showing a significant regression this year, I think he'll turn it around.

his siera, fip, xfip are all above 4.00 with a .289 babip, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

18 minutes ago, Cdub2k said:

Maeda is bull pen bound and there are no complaints?

I need someone to mourn with

Had an overabundance of closers so I gave up Ramos for Maeda...That hurts...lol

Definitely sucks but it's probably temporary...Should be back in the rotation as soon one of the injury prone Dodgers pitchers gets hurt if not sooner...

In deeper leagues he is very valuable with the clusterf*** that are SPs, so no way are you going to drop right now.

The way hes been managed is hideous. Yanked early many times and unable to get in a groove, now in the pen while Hill, Ryu and McCarthy start? I bet hes back in the rotation next week, those guys are bad/always injured.

5 hours ago, swfcdan said:

In deeper leagues he is very valuable with the clusterf*** that are SPs, so no way are you going to drop right now.

The way hes been managed is hideous. Yanked early many times and unable to get in a groove, now in the pen while Hill, Ryu and McCarthy start? I bet hes back in the rotation next week, those guys are bad/always injured.

Completely agree.  Not to mention after his best start, they phantom DL'ed him and he didn't pitch for two weeks.  Then comes back and is yanked after 4IP in line for the Win for a pinch hitter. Then yanked next time round after 4 IP.

Now he's in the bullpen.  I hate Roberts with a passion.  The bullpen isn't the solution, all you have to do is treat him like a normal frickin' pitcher!!!

Edited by Donkey Doolittle

With the Dodger rotation turning into a MASH unit a good pickup would be Brock Stewart.  

He is probably available on the waiver wire.  

What other options are there in most leagues?

06.07: Dodgers activated RHP Brock Stewart from the 10-day disabled list; optioned him to Triple-AOklahoma City. (Stewart had been sidelined for the entirety of the 2017 season due to a bout of shoulder tendinitis. The 24-year-old right-hander will work to shake off the rust at Triple-A, where he will serve as organizational depth until needed.)

Edited by B&F

Rotoworld blurb says it'll probably be a short stay in the bullpen. Dave Roberts says otherwise:

"Unless something unforeseen happens to a starter, he'll be in this role," Roberts said. "We'll try to keep as close to his turn and put him in situations where he can eat up four or five innings."

http://m.dodgers.mlb.com/news/article/235428298/kenta-maeda-gets-four-inning-save-for-dodgers/